Meanwhile in China

Started by Sheepy, October 03, 2022, 08:26:47 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2022, 09:59:33 AM
China's infrastructure isn't particularly hi-tech, as I said it's on a par with London. Beijings pollution is so bad they banned all traffic for months before the olympics to get it down.
LOL just light years ahead of ours. Why anyone would live in denial of that fact escapes me.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on October 03, 2022, 09:52:41 AM
Caught up? I am not talking about Japan I am talking about China, who have built in 30 years maybe the finest infrastructure the world has seen, while the so called west has been in managed decline for decades, so although Truss is a mindless moron of the old school kind of politician, she can even make the odd statement that makes an iota of sense.
China's infrastructure isn't particularly hi-tech, as I said it's on a par with London. Beijings pollution is so bad they banned all traffic for months before the olympics to get it down. I have to say though, China's rail networks and underground's are way ahead of ours. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2022, 09:49:45 AM
Odd then China supplies the bulk of electronic Components the rest of the World would grind to a halt without.
What has the amount they supply got to do with the technology level?
Have you ever been to Asia?

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2022, 09:47:08 AM
China is not especially high tech, for example, Shanghai is on a par with London BUT they do have the Maglev train which used to do 500kph, think they have lowered the speed after a couple of crashes (they deny them). Tokyo on the other hand is massively in front of everyone. Saying that, China has caught up in a matter of years which is possibly the point you're alluding to rather than the level.
Caught up? I am not talking about Japan I am talking about China, who have built in 30 years maybe the finest infrastructure the world has seen, while the so called west has been in managed decline for decades, so although Truss is a mindless moron of the old school kind of politician, she can even make the odd statement that makes an iota of sense.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2022, 09:47:08 AM
China is not especially high tech, for example, 
Odd then China supplies the bulk of electronic Components the rest of the World would grind to a halt without.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on October 03, 2022, 09:37:15 AM
So, is it a fact the Commies have built an infrastructure beyond any belief in 30 years or not and their technology is light years ahead of us?
China is not especially high tech, for example, Shanghai is on a par with London BUT they do have the Maglev train which used to do 500kph, think they have lowered the speed after a couple of crashes (they deny them). Tokyo on the other hand is massively in front of everyone. Saying that, China has caught up in a matter of years which is possibly the point you're alluding to rather than the level. 

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2022, 09:09:39 AM
On the surface the infrastructure looks wonderful but a casual walk down the pavement in China reveals a stink you can't imagine so something is clearly not right below the surface.

So, is it a fact the Commies have built an infrastructure beyond any belief in 30 years or not and their technology is light years ahead of us? 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2022, 09:29:18 AM
Seeing as you've never been anywhere near the country and I've been to maybe 30 different cities, I am in a far better position to comment than you.
Only 30 cities? Sorry but that is when it comes to China limited personal experience.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2022, 09:11:50 AM
Given the sheer size of China and the diversity I doubt one person's personal experience can possibly be an accurate reflection.
Seeing as you've never been anywhere near the country and I've been to maybe 30 different cities, I am in a far better position to comment than you. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2022, 09:09:39 AM
On the surface the infrastructure looks wonderful but a casual walk down the pavement in China reveals a stink you can't imagine so something is clearly not right below the surface.
Given the sheer size of China and the diversity I doubt one person's personal experience can possibly be an accurate reflection.

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on October 03, 2022, 08:26:47 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/hospitals-cancel-22-000-appointments-every-day-as-6-8m-wait-to-start-treatment/ar-AA12vZ78?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=696b080f2fdd49b0902473fb23b5c0b9
I thought I would mention the decline of our infrastructure undrivable roads, strikes and whole parts of the country look like like a wasteland, I am thinking this services economy has led us on a path of destruction, while in thirty years the Commies have built the greatest infrastructure the world has ever seen and are so far ahead in technology they make the UK look like the third world country it is fast becoming. But on the bright side Huntingdon Smythe can still buy a Bentley or Rolls Royce from the Germans and an Aston Martin from the Chinese and the Saudis,

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/hospitals-cancel-22-000-appointments-every-day-as-6-8m-wait-to-start-treatment/ar-AA12vZ78?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=696b080f2fdd49b0902473fb23b5c0b9
I thought I would mention the decline of our infrastructure undrivable roads, strikes and whole parts of the country look like like a wasteland, I am thinking this services economy has led us on a path of destruction, while in thirty years the Commies have built the greatest infrastructure the world has ever seen and are so far ahead in technology they make the UK look like the third world country it is fast becoming. But on the bright side Huntingdon Smythe can still buy a Bentley or Rolls Royce from the Germans and an Aston Martin from the Chinese and the Saudis,