How disappointing

Started by T00ts, October 03, 2022, 01:34:45 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 04, 2022, 08:29:01 AM
What are you waiting for? If there is a time for a party to challenge the Westminster duo it is now isn't it? The Tories under Truss is in meltdown.

Like the old bull and the young bull Boycey, there is great wisdom in that, seems to me the Westminster party and the media is doing the graft for us. Assisted suicide. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 04, 2022, 08:21:17 AM
All in good time Boycey, we have done it before and it did win by a landslide. We have to wait for you to burn yourselves out first.

What are you waiting for? If there is a time for a party to challenge the Westminster duo it is now isn't it? The Tories under Truss is in meltdown.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 04, 2022, 08:16:36 AM
If the dream of revolution is a Democratic one, then I suggest if there isn't a party worth voting for that you set one up. If the revolution is as strong as you claim it is, that party will win by landslide right?

All in good time Boycey, we have done it before and it did win by a landslide. We have to wait for you to burn yourselves out first. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 04, 2022, 08:10:11 AM
Populists don't storm anywhere we use our votes wisely at the right time, or not use it at all, if their isn't anything worth voting for that if we do will only let the same old politics keep control. So dream on our revolution is a democratic one. Which you and the followers of Westminster and EU fashion have desperately been trying to end for years, but it just keeps growing and spreading.

If the dream of revolution is a Democratic one, then I suggest if there isn't a party worth voting for that you set one up. If the revolution is as strong as you claim it is, that party will win by landslide right?

B0ycey

Quote from: Good old on October 04, 2022, 08:05:12 AM
Yer, a lot of money all in all if collected. But for most not much more than an extra pint, a couple of coffees . We know where most of the borrowing is going to go, so is this the swan song for public services mainly in the hands of the public?  A penny in the pound would always have transformed the NHS, taking a penny away in exchange for the possibility of extra health costs on top of all the extra costs already being experienced might prove dumb.
And it's not just the NHS we know, Care , not just for the elderly, the Prison service, The police , cuts in local government support. And of course that old Tory chestnut, welfare , are all under further threat.
With the 45%thing catching the eye, not much notice has been taken of the words in most of their statements ,
"We will keep a tight rein on public spending." With £45 billion taken out of the pot, and 10% inflation it could be the writings on the wall.

The problem we have is priorities GoodOld. We sent 4bn to Ukraine and want to increase our military spending to 3% GDP. You can't do tax cuts when you want spending. And the electorate wants better services and will vote for that. If the government was serious for both security and welfare they would be pushing for a negotiated settlement in Ukraine and not putting petrol on the fire. Ultimately Ukraine and Russia will be negotiate at some point, the question is when. Because ultimately Russia are now retreating to firm up a defensive line and they have called up 300,000 reservists to back them up so it is a question of when Ukraine hits the brick wall rather than if.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 04, 2022, 08:03:37 AM
As I said, nobody voted for Trussonomics in any case. The rest, well wake me up when the revolution occurs Sheepy. I look forward to seeing your face storm Westminster like the clowns on January the 6th.

Populists don't storm anywhere we use our votes wisely at the right time, or not use it at all, if their isn't anything worth voting for that if we do will only let the same old politics keep control. So dream on our revolution is a democratic one. Which you and the followers of Westminster and EU fashion have desperately been trying to end for years, but it just keeps growing and spreading.

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 04, 2022, 03:18:06 AM

The 45% tax rate brings in a few billion. The rest of the mini budget cost over forty. The pressure will now be on to U turn that.

Yer, a lot of money all in all if collected. But for most not much more than an extra pint, a couple of coffees . We know where most of the borrowing is going to go, so is this the swan song for public services mainly in the hands of the public?  A penny in the pound would always have transformed the NHS, taking a penny away in exchange for the possibility of extra health costs on top of all the extra costs already being experienced might prove dumb.
And it's not just the NHS we know, Care , not just for the elderly, the Prison service, The police , cuts in local government support. And of course that old Tory chestnut, welfare , are all under further threat.
With the 45%thing catching the eye, not much notice has been taken of the words in most of their statements ,
"We will keep a tight rein on public spending." With £45 billion taken out of the pot, and 10% inflation it could be the writings on the wall. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 04, 2022, 07:57:32 AM
Rubbish, they vote for their own downfall driven by a media and politicians offering them pie in the sky. Driven like sheep, unluckily for them a lot more are waking up. Which really annoys them.

As I said, nobody voted for Trussonomics in any case. The rest, well wake me up when the revolution occurs Sheepy. I look forward to seeing your face storm Westminster like the clowns on January the 6th.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 04, 2022, 07:52:56 AM
Are you aware nobody voted for Truss's mini budget? She got through the back door if you hadn't noticed. But in any case, Tory voters leaving the party in droves. Labour now consistently polling about 20+pts in every poll. The electorate always vote with their wallets Sheepy, that has never changed.

Rubbish, they vote for their own downfall driven by a media and politicians offering them pie in the sky. Driven like sheep, unluckily for them a lot more are waking up. Which really annoys them.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 04, 2022, 07:33:04 AM
Rubbish, they keep voting for their own downfall, 
Are you aware nobody voted for Truss's mini budget? She got through the back door if you hadn't noticed. But in any case, Tory voters leaving the party in droves. Labour now consistently polling about 20+pts in every poll. The electorate always vote with their wallets Sheepy, that has never changed.

Javert

Isn't the real issue here that they failed to realise that we are still in a country where democratic general elections must be held every 5 years at the maximum.

A lot of conservative MPs realised very quickly that if those were going to be the Truss government policies, they would be out of a job in 2 years from now when the electors booted them out.

This is evidence of total political incompetence - it took me about 5 minutes to figure out that the budget that everyone was getting so riled up about 10 days ago was never going to get through their own MPs in parliament.

So actually it doesn't matter what some extremists or Tory members on some forums think - in the end it matters what you can get about 40% of UK people to vote for (should be 50%+ but that's a different debate).

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 03, 2022, 05:16:39 PM
It was going to change though Nick. You know people can foresee things right?
Rubbish, they keep voting for their own downfall, driven by a media who wants to control every part of their lives through control of politics. Which once again is ending in abject failure. Which will be great for reporting the latest crisis they have done more than their bit creating by winding up the plebs. 

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on October 03, 2022, 01:34:45 PM
Once more the tail is wagging the dog. Conservative MPs have forced a U-turn on their new leadership and this really doesn't bode well going forward. Those in other parties might feel smug but this is a trend that seems to be invading the whole of Parliament.

Dare I suggest that this is not just a policy rebellion but a democratic one, led by those who really would prefer Sunak as leader? Gove the proverbial turncoat has apparently led this rebellion and of course we can assume that having achieved this they will now work to deter further policy decisions. 

I would see this as a shot across the bows. Having followed their own rules Truss was elected. They made the decision to oust Boris and perhaps a disgruntled Sunak is not above disrupting from the back benches.

Beware you opposition supporters in that what one set of MPs will display will only too soon be replicated in other parties. I had hoped that Parliamentary discipline had been repaired after the Brexit/Bercow fiasco but apparently not. Labour beware - nothing is certain Westminster has become ungovernable and that's without even looking at the electorate.

The problem is fairly simple, the chancellor failed to read the mood of the people who did not work for him at the treasury.

The REAL problem is the Standard and Poor Junk Ratings Agencies have now smelled blood and seen that they can force U turns.

The 45% tax rate brings in a few billion. The rest of the mini budget cost over forty. The pressure will now be on to U turn that.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

B0ycey

Check out the new Conservative Logo.  They are moving with the times.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2022, 05:02:43 PM
How could it possibly have impacted the poor? NOTHING HAS CHANGED YET. So you saying nothing has impacted the poor?
Nick do you follow news and current affairs at all? (Seriously.) You are either well out of touch or trolling.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe