Where do they get these people?

Started by cromwell, October 03, 2022, 06:43:50 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on October 05, 2022, 02:43:54 PM
Really? I thought it was surprisingly well delivered.

So were Hitler's speeches.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 05, 2022, 11:50:09 AM
The speech thus far is frankly frightening, the nasty party are back with a vengeance.
Really? I thought it was surprisingly well delivered.

But it was very short on much new and actual content of how Growth, Growth, Growth was going to be achieved and delivered, and no Rabbit-out-of-the-hat conference leader's rallying call to send the troops back to work.

And it was mercifully, not too long, but given the absence of a detailed mission, I guess it had to be...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2022, 01:25:29 PM
Yes, but she will have an excuse.
She will have no excuse. She said she is borrowing for growth and she is doing something different. If the result in no growth or even worse a recession, then she is a failure on the one thing she promised we would have. And what is worse is we would have borrowed a large sum for that failure.

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on October 05, 2022, 11:56:04 AM
Indeed.

Well, she is "Pro Growth". Her phase is "Growth Growth Growth". If we don't have high growth in two years, can we accept she has failed miserably?
Yes, but she will have an excuse.
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

The speech thus far is frankly frightening, the nasty party are back with a vengeance.
Indeed.

Well, she is "Pro Growth". Her phase is "Growth Growth Growth". If we don't have high growth in two years, can we accept she has failed miserably?

Nick

Change the record. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on October 05, 2022, 11:37:59 AM
Those hands Pappy. They are all over the place. I don't think she is all there sometimes.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on October 05, 2022, 11:31:44 AM
A blacklisted journalist got into the conference as well. It appears the security is rubbish.
Those hands Pappy. They are all over the place. I don't think she is all there sometimes.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on October 05, 2022, 11:29:20 AM
@Sheepy some of your crew managed to get through the police barrier I hear. Shame they were the green protestors rather then the revolutionists. I don't like fracking but I don't see much option now.

Anyway, that smile of Truss. It is the kind of smile people with no teeth do. Scary!!!
A blacklisted journalist got into the conference as well. It appears the security is rubbish.

B0ycey

@Sheepy some of your crew managed to get through the police barrier I hear. Shame they were the green protestors rather then the revolutionists. I don't like fracking but I don't see much option now.

Anyway, that smile of Truss. It is the kind of smile people with no teeth do. Scary!!!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2022, 09:28:04 PM
Another boring non-answer.

Only boring to you as you wrongly think you are insulated from all life changing disasters. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2022, 07:10:10 PM
There are numerous possibilities to have £100 million in assets one day, and them rapidly dwindling away the next.
I know several people over the years that has happened to. If you think you are immune, you aren't, no-one is.
Another boring non-answer. 

Barry

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2022, 09:13:19 PM
You're going to have to explain that one.
Wiggles was an outrageous right winger who called for euthanasia. I see he's actually still a member, but you seem to be moving towards his politics.

Seriously, you are on a bit of a wind-up, aren't you? OK, it's fun and a way of getting through the day. ;D
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Barry on October 04, 2022, 07:09:40 PM
You are ex-member Wiggles and I claim my £5.
You're going to have to explain that one. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2022, 06:33:34 PM
Really? I can't wait to hear what?
There are numerous possibilities to have £100 million in assets one day, and them rapidly dwindling away the next.
I know several people over the years that has happened to. If you think you are immune, you aren't, no-one is.