Where do they get these people?

Started by cromwell, October 03, 2022, 06:43:50 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 04, 2022, 11:47:31 AM

my younger daughter is on the  staff at the DWP manning the suicide helpline amongst other things. She has instigated a formal complaint at the Newport office's handling of Sarah's case and her MP and AM have been notified.

but I expect f**k all to happen. Because people like you have the ear of these bastards
The tip of the iceberg John but I am afraid blinkered totally out of touch Tories will never understand. (They wonder why people hate the Tories.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2022, 11:02:06 AM
Yes, heaven forbid the little cherubs go and get a second job. What did people do in the 30's and 40's, they dug deep and got on with it.
Ok I wasn't going to bite but you asked for it

My eldest is a classroom assistant. Not the highest paid of jobs but a job nonetheless. Her current hours are part time. Afternoons.

in the mornings she is also a lollipop lady at another school. Not far away but far enough to be a stress 

she started this to get a few pounds a week extra. EXACTLY the sort of thing this c@@t demanded she do.

every morning she says goodbye to Melissa and walks the mile or so from her flat to the school where she is a lollipop lady. She has no car, or other means of transport. She walks it. Half an hours brisk walk each way.

she has to arrive at her post by ten past eight and has to stay there until ten past nine. Melissa therefore gets herself off to school.

on arriving back at her flat she has just enough time to dump the lollipop stick and uniform coat  (schools refuse to store them now, they claim it a covid risk) throw a coffee down her neck and get on the bus to her main job

A month ago the job centre demanded she present herself for a job search progress interview at 10am. When she called to say she already had two jobs she was told to attend or be sanctioned.

So she had to pay for a taxi to take her from the lollipop job to the job centre and then another to take her from her interview at the job centre to the school for her afternoon job

Taxi fares which pretty much wiped out two days pay from lollipop waving.

on arrival at the job centre she was briskly told she was wasting the c@@t's time because she was already working.

that's when she threw the stick on the floor and burst into tears.

i Know bastards like you have nothing but contempt for working single mothers but at least you know why, when every stinking one of the scum in that office die in a fire or of e-coli infection, you know who to tell the filth to arrest. Me.

my younger daughter is on the  staff at the DWP manning the suicide helpline amongst other things. She has instigated a formal complaint at the Newport office's handling of Sarah's case and her MP and AM have been notified.

but I expect F@@@ all to happen. Because people like you have the ear of these bastards

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2022, 11:02:06 AM
Yes, heaven forbid the little cherubs go and get a second job. What did people do in the 30's and 40's, they dug deep and got on with it.
Nick frankly you are as out of touch and nasty as the MP in the thread opener. You really do not have a clue. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2022, 10:37:48 AM
Nick frankly you are so out of touch it is frankly, (expletive deleted,) scary.
Yes, heaven forbid the little cherubs go and get a second job. What did people do in the 30's and 40's, they dug deep and got on with it. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2022, 08:27:52 AM
Thank you, John. The number of people who have suffered under Tory misrule and austerity since May 2010 is now around 14 million and rising.
If the Tories don't index benefits by the increase in the cost of living as it appears they are planning to do, that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. There have already been demonstrations all over Britain, last weekend, about the massive rise in the cost of living. Those demonstrations were practically unreported by the mainstream media/press and neither have the protests outside the Tory conference.  Foreign media has not been so reticent.
My main problem is that while Tory governments are a pain in the arse to circumvent in order to do business, it was BLAIR who acted to decisively put me out of business after giving a bunch of Indian multi millionaires a few hours of his time which led to all sorts of strange and outright dodgy things  happening to government contracts.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2022, 10:34:49 AM
That's what a normal person would do. When everything you have is on 2 year contracts like phones and the like you can't cancel them, so a second job is not a bad idea.
Nick frankly you are so out of touch it is frankly, (expletive deleted,) scary. 

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on October 03, 2022, 07:02:42 PM
Isn't he being realistic? If you can't make ends meet then something has to give. You either sell stuff cut back or get another job either to replace the one you have or as a top up.  Are we going to tell everyone to just carry on as before or start budgeting?
That's what a normal person would do. When everything you have is on 2 year contracts like phones and the like you can't cancel them, so a second job is not a bad idea. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on October 04, 2022, 09:45:16 AM
 What about those people who are never going to be fit for work?
Based on the hostile environment towards them by government, the DWP, DWP contractors and far too many of the general public fuelled by disablist propaganda, destitution and death. 

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2022, 08:27:52 AM
Thank you, John. The number of people who have suffered under Tory misrule and austerity since May 2010 is now around 14 million and rising.
If the Tories don't index benefits by the increase in the cost of living as it appears they are planning to do, that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. There have already been demonstrations all over Britain, last weekend, about the massive rise in the cost of living. Those demonstrations were practically unreported by the mainstream media/press and neither have the protests outside the Tory conference.  Foreign media has not been so reticent.
They got away with breaking the triple lock for pensioners, which T00ts said was all fine and dandy, now they think they can break the index linking of benefits, with the excuse of "getting people back to work". What about those people who are never going to be fit for work?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 04, 2022, 02:46:58 AM
I think that should read "no, COMMA, people who ...."
Thank you, John. The number of people who have suffered under Tory misrule and austerity since May 2010 is now around 14 million and rising.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 03, 2022, 09:03:44 PM
Bit lost on that one Pappy.

According to your first sentence, no one has suffered under the Tories in the past 12 years, which can't be bad.

As to the rest, well, if you and the rest of Cornwall's layabout army are suddenly too proud to claim their benefits, it has to be asked how bad is that?
I should have put no, people.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on October 03, 2022, 09:03:44 PM

According to your first sentence, no one has suffered under the Tories in the past 12 years, which can't be bad.

As to the rest, well, if you and the rest of Cornwall's layabout army are suddenly too proud to claim their benefits, it has to be asked how bad is that?
I think that should read "no, COMMA, people who ...."

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on October 03, 2022, 07:30:53 PM
Because he isn't an 'oh there there poppet we'll just open the banks and you can help yourself' kind of chap he is vilified as some sort of demon. It suits the Left wing agenda to paint him as such. It's disingenuous at best and downright dishonest at worst. Labour has nothing to offer than gloat because the perfect storm has hit the Conservatives instead of them. If Labour had been in power over the last few years I guarantee we would be far worse off and what makes it so risible is that they know it.

So where exactly are the new jobs then ?

I had ten years without a pay rise in four different employers each of whom lied about the pay until I landed the job I have now.

I like the job i have now for a large number of reasons but I would like some of these people on BOTH sides of the house to get forced into the jobs I had at the last couple of employers. Like my last where one of the more senior shitheads i had to work with who was no longer a manager bt had been and still thought he was expected me to be thankful i had a job despite the fact i'd been lied to about the starting salary and not had a pay rise as promised. Yes, I took that fat slob MP's advice, and the 30% pay rise it brought but that was pure luck that the opportunity arose. 

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on October 03, 2022, 07:02:42 PM
Isn't he being realistic? If you can't make ends meet then something has to give. You either sell stuff cut back or get another job either to replace the one you have or as a top up.  Are we going to tell everyone to just carry on as before or start budgeting?
The problem is he, like everyone else on an MP's salary for no real reason save their ability to bullshit people into voting for them, has no conception of anyone on the NMW. There was a time when Tory MP's came from proper jobs. Now, nobody in politics does and that's the problem. 

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2022, 08:05:19 PM
No people who have suffered badly from Tory callousness and indifference since May 2010. Personally, I think they are being very restrained in the circumstance. However, if the Tories do not index benefits in line with rise in the cost of living, I do not expect that restraint to last.

Algerie Francais !