Where do they get these people?

Started by cromwell, October 03, 2022, 06:43:50 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on October 04, 2022, 12:03:19 PM
Dug deep and suffered, there were no frigging jobs, once out of one you went without, it's commonly accepted as poverty. God forbid that is a condition acceptable now. With millions already working and locked into welfare how many  jobs do you think might be needed to compensate for a seriously unbalanced economy favouring the Im alright landlords, and speculators..?
I'm not entirely sure if I understand the point you're making here but what I know is that back when my grandmother was my daughters age, back when my mother was my daughters age and frankly back when my wife and I were my daughters age it was possible for so called blue collar workers, the "semi skilled" in our society to actually EARN a DECENT living from one or maybe one and a half jobs. 

The father of the two evictees being chucked out of the house next to mine back when mortgage rates hit 17% came back from his second job to find his son and daughter in law being thrown onto the street by the bailiffs.

Sadly there were no body cameras in those days. 

I quite annoyed the bastard bailiffs who were clearly enjoying throwing these two out at an hours notice. What did I do ? Well I got on the phone got six of my pals round to the house to get ALL of their stuff out so the bailiffs couldn't deprive them of it, and let them leave it in my garden and garden shed while another mate with a serious Transit Luton came round and we loaded it all up. Took us a while and it was bloody hard work but said bailiff bastards had to stand back and admit they weren't going to have their usual fun and jollies on this one.

I hear one of the 'stars' on one of those reality tv shows where the bailiffs rock up and repossess you was given a terminal cancer diagnosis. I didn't have a beer to hand when I heard that, and that was a shame because that's a cause for celebration.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 04, 2022, 03:10:00 PM
I am.

I thought that would be obvious.

[highlight]is that the best you can do ?[/highlight]
I'm not doing anything. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 04, 2022, 03:10:00 PM
I am.

is that the best you can do ?
Nick shows how ignorant he is of the problem every time he posts. He has not got a clue.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2022, 12:20:41 PM
Well you're always telling us what amazing jobs you've done and how you've earned loads of money, perhaps you could help her out?
I am.

is that the best you can do ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2022, 01:59:41 PM
Suck it up buttercup.
You are getting nastier and more out of touch every time you post. (It may have escaped your attention but there is major row in the Tory cabinet about not indexing benefits in line with inflation.) You should keep up.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2022, 01:50:58 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei.  The more you post the nastier you get.
Suck it up buttercup. 

papasmurf

Nalaar

Quote from: T00ts on October 03, 2022, 07:02:42 PM
Isn't he being realistic? If you can't make ends meet then something has to give. You either sell stuff cut back or get another job either to replace the one you have or as a top up.  Are we going to tell everyone to just carry on as before or start budgeting?

The people who are hit worst at times like this (high inflation, souring heating bills etc) are people who are unable to work due to ability, or who are unable to find better work, due to factors like education, and accessibility. 

I haven't seen the full quote in the context that the statement in the OP was made, but as it's presented it's not a realistic, or helpful. 
Don't believe everything you think.

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 04, 2022, 01:00:28 PM
One very simple measure could genuinely help millions of workers in this country
Simply ban zero hour contracts being used by any public company or closed company above a certain size.
Zero Hours have a part to play in terms of part time employees in small businesses, but nowhere else.
Some people like zero hour contracts. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2022, 12:24:05 PM
Nick I suggest when you are in a hole stop digging. The more you post the crasser and out of touch you become.

Sampanviking

One very simple measure could genuinely help millions of workers in this country
Simply ban zero hour contracts being used by any public company or closed company above a certain size.
Zero Hours have a part to play in terms of part time employees in small businesses, but nowhere else.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2022, 12:20:41 PM
Well you're always telling us what amazing jobs you've done and how you've earned loads of money, perhaps you could help her out?
Nick I suggest when you are in a hole stop digging. The more you post the crasser and out of touch you become.

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 04, 2022, 11:47:31 AM
Ok I wasn't going to bite but you asked for it

My eldest is a classroom assistant. Not the highest paid of jobs but a job nonetheless. Her current hours are part time. Afternoons.

in the mornings she is also a lollipop lady at another school. Not far away but far enough to be a stress

she started this to get a few pounds a week extra. EXACTLY the sort of thing this c@@t demanded she do.

every morning she says goodbye to Melissa and walks the mile or so from her flat to the school where she is a lollipop lady. She has no car, or other means of transport. She walks it. Half an hours brisk walk each way.

she has to arrive at her post by ten past eight and has to stay there until ten past nine. Melissa therefore gets herself off to school.

on arriving back at her flat she has just enough time to dump the lollipop stick and uniform coat  (schools refuse to store them now, they claim it a covid risk) throw a coffee down her neck and get on the bus to her main job

A month ago the job centre demanded she present herself for a job search progress interview at 10am. When she called to say she already had two jobs she was told to attend or be sanctioned.

So she had to pay for a taxi to take her from the lollipop job to the job centre and then another to take her from her interview at the job centre to the school for her afternoon job

Taxi fares which pretty much wiped out two days pay from lollipop waving.

on arrival at the job centre she was briskly told she was wasting the c@@t's time because she was already working.

that's when she threw the stick on the floor and burst into tears.

i Know bastards like you have nothing but contempt for working single mothers but at least you know why, when every stinking one of the scum in that office die in a fire or of e-coli infection, you know who to tell the filth to arrest. Me.

my younger daughter is on the  staff at the DWP manning the suicide helpline amongst other things. She has instigated a formal complaint at the Newport office's handling of Sarah's case and her MP and AM have been notified.

but I expect f**k all to happen. Because people like you have the ear of these bastards

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on October 04, 2022, 12:03:19 PMWith millions already working and locked into welfare how many  jobs do you think might be needed to compensate for a seriously unbalanced economy favouring the Im alright landlords, and speculators..?
And "I am alright Jack" callous, don't care totally out of touch Tories who would not give their urine to a thirsty canine.

Good old

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2022, 11:02:06 AM
Yes, heaven forbid the little cherubs go and get a second job. What did people do in the 30's and 40's, they dug deep and got on with it.
Dug deep and suffered, there were no frigging jobs, once out of one you went without, it's commonly accepted as poverty. God forbid that is a condition acceptable now. With millions already working and locked into welfare how many  jobs do you think might be needed to compensate for a seriously unbalanced economy favouring the Im alright landlords, and speculators..?