Where do they get these people?

Started by cromwell, October 03, 2022, 06:43:50 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2022, 06:27:28 PM
One life changing incident could soon get rid of £100 million. (If you own your own business, I feel very sorry for anyone you employ.)
Really? I can't wait to hear what?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2022, 06:20:43 PM
You're talking bollox as usual. How the hell do you know what my financial situation is? I own my own business, I could have £100 million in the bank.
One life changing incident could soon get rid of £100 million. (If you own your own business, I feel very sorry for anyone you employ.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2022, 05:13:06 PM
That is obvious, you need to bear in mind you are just one life changing event from needing benefits.
You're talking bollox as usual. How the hell do you know what my financial situation is? I own my own business, I could have £100 million in the bank. 

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on October 04, 2022, 04:54:24 PM
What would you tone down.?
Posting a Mod notice doesn't mean it is reference to the immediate post before (and it wasn't) we don't always comment till we've seen how it's going.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 04, 2022, 01:00:28 PM
One very simple measure could genuinely help millions of workers in this country
Simply ban zero hour contracts being used by any public company or closed company above a certain size.
Zero Hours have a part to play in terms of part time employees in small businesses, but nowhere else.
Glad you're not for banning them completely. What's called zero hours now was a life saver at uni. OK, I was probably taken advantage of, but I needed to support myself at the time and I got experience useful in later life...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2022, 05:09:17 PM
Have you ever thought that I just don't care?
That is obvious, you need to bear in mind you are just one life changing event from needing benefits.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 04, 2022, 04:44:18 PM
Mod Notice

Getting a bit abrasive
Remember we are supposed to be discussing
Blame Nick for that, he is either really naive or trolling. (Seriously.) I find it VERY difficult to believe he so lacking in knowledge.
The last person I came across with his attitude had Swastika tattoos and was a member of a far-right organisation. (He is now in prison.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2022, 04:13:33 PM
I don't need to say it is obvious. How you are insulated from knowledge of the problems is frankly a mystery, given how obvious they now are.
Have you ever thought that I just don't care? 

cromwell

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on October 04, 2022, 04:44:18 PM
Mod Notice

Getting a bit abrasive
What would you tone down.?

cromwell

Mod Notice

Getting a bit abrasive

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 04, 2022, 03:25:26 PM
I'm not entirely sure if I understand the point you're making here but what I know is that back when my grandmother was my daughters age, back when my mother was my daughters age and frankly back when my wife and I were my daughters age it was possible for so called blue collar workers, the "semi skilled" in our society to actually EARN a DECENT living from one or maybe one and a half jobs.

The father of the two evictees being chucked out of the house next to mine back when mortgage rates hit 17% came back from his second job to find his son and daughter in law being thrown onto the street by the bailiffs.

Sadly there were no body cameras in those days.

I quite annoyed the bastard bailiffs who were clearly enjoying throwing these two out at an hours notice. What did I do ? Well I got on the phone got six of my pals round to the house to get ALL of their stuff out so the bailiffs couldn't deprive them of it, and let them leave it in my garden and garden shed while another mate with a serious Transit Luton came round and we loaded it all up. Took us a while and it was bloody hard work but said bailiff bastards had to stand back and admit they weren't going to have their usual fun and jollies on this one.

I hear one of the 'stars' on one of those reality tv shows where the bailiffs rock up and repossess you was given a terminal cancer diagnosis. I didn't have a beer to hand when I heard that, and that was a shame because that's a cause for celebration.

Nick referred to people coping in the pre war years, as if surviving the worst of conditions inflicted on working people by at that time one of the very richest nations in the world was somehow worth repeating. I was pointing out they may have survived they didn't really cope in the Great Depression. My G G parents, my G parents, and as children , young adults, my parents survived.
After the war my father came home to work as a bus conductor for £7.00 a week on various shifts the council house rent was £1.50 and we scrapped by , mum counting literally every imperial penny. And sometimes the money did not get to the end of a week
Why anyone should think people scrimping and scraping like that could be acceptable now is beyond me.
I saw the evictions ,the repossessions  of the Seventies, Eighties ,nineties, and sudden rise in rough sleeping it sickened me, and still does . Over seen and created by another Tory regime, spouting the same, get on your bike bullshit as we hear now.
I don't for a moment say we haven't made great strides in the over all, we have , and that is all the more reason for me to reject the attitudes and worn out Dickensian attitude to finance, in particular, that  which to a large degree  in regard to the general welfare of our society and maintenance of the services it actually stands on is in real  decline by any measure.
And to try and write their failure off , by telling people , get another non existent job. Or man up, or compare yourself to your great grandfather in the thirties, is callous , and inexcusable, and from a social point of view a massive backward step.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2022, 03:25:34 PM
Really? You never said.
I don't need to say it is obvious. How you are insulated from knowledge of the problems is frankly a mystery, given how obvious they now are.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2022, 03:13:19 PM
Nick shows how ignorant he is of the problem every time he posts. He has not got a clue.
Really? You never said.