Where do they get these people?

Started by cromwell, October 03, 2022, 06:43:50 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 05, 2022, 09:47:06 PM
So as well as an accountant you're a medical expert now? My wife was as chef in a dementia home and had to understand all aspects of the disease. She says there is absolutely nothing suggesting dementia in her appearance.

Shame your wife has to work Nick. I thought you were a sugar daddy. I stand by what I wrote but as I said I would be happy to be wrong. Liz Truss doesn't seem all there. It will be interesting to watch her pick up a pen. Or have a speech without an autocue and act on memory alone.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 05, 2022, 08:30:33 PM
Early stages Barry. Or more the stage before the stage perhaps. Thatcher was 54 when PM, displayed the same characteristics and ultimately succumbed to the disease. But as you rightly pointed out, I am not a doctor. But as I also said, even her biggest supporter would say she isn't all there sometimes.
So as well as an accountant you're a medical expert now? My wife was as chef in a dementia home and had to understand all aspects of the disease. She says there is absolutely nothing suggesting dementia in her appearance. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 05, 2022, 09:07:01 PM
I won't be taking it back, they take £45 million out of their  spending power , they will need a lot of borrowed money to even try to improve services, with inflation running as it is , they will dress it up any way they can but we all know there is little to no chance they would even keep up with inflation.
They could never ,or at least didn't want to keep up , they stand next to no chance now.
Almost like with rising interest rates, which will add to borrowing costs slow the economy and create an almost sure recession I am not so sure any of them have a clue about anything but their own back pockets.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 05, 2022, 08:28:15 PM
It's a crisis Boycey, they will all agree on cuts and borrowing they will just disagree how it should be done for the plebs.

I won't be taking it back, they take £45 billon out of their  spending power , they will need a lot of borrowed money to even try to improve services, with inflation running as it is , they will dress it up any way they can but we all know there is little to no chance they would even keep up with inflation.
They could never ,or at least didn't want to keep up , they stand next to no chance now.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on October 05, 2022, 05:19:34 PM
At the same time making deeper cuts, so what use was years of austerity?
To make people grateful for the crumbs 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 05, 2022, 08:28:15 PM
It's a crisis Boycey, they will all agree on cuts and borrowing they will just disagree how it should be done for the plebs.
The government who does it first holds the can though Sheepy. I suspect Labour won't reverse the Tory cuts but won't enact any more.

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2022, 08:23:28 PM
She is 47, dementia is highly unlikely, I think it is just spite that YOU are suffering from.
Early stages Barry. Or more the stage before the stage perhaps. Thatcher was 54 when PM, displayed the same characteristics and ultimately succumbed to the disease. But as you rightly pointed out, I am not a doctor. But as I also said, even her biggest supporter would say she isn't all there sometimes.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 05, 2022, 05:37:48 PM
She hasn't announced any cuts yet Sheepy. Although we know she will.

It was interesting hearing a pollster on tele say something like if Truss does cuts in service's to pay for tax cuts, that has a 6% approval rating. It seems the electorate would rather pay more in tax than face austerity, so it will be interesting to see how she squares the round peg.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 05, 2022, 05:22:57 PM
That thanks wasn't a slip of the finger, something we can agree about.

You might want to take it back when I point out they are all purposely creating crisis after crisis and milking them for all they are worth.

Barry

She is 47, dementia is highly unlikely, I think it is just spite that YOU are suffering from.
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2022, 08:03:50 PM
You're a doctor now, are you, B0ycey? You are really an expert from sh*t to rhubard, which makes me wonder why you hang around on a politics forum all day. You have so much to offer. :P

I'm not a doctor Barry. But what I will say is I have seen dementia. I saw the same things in Lizzy as I did with Thatcher, and when it hit her it hit big. Am I right? Perhaps not. I hope not I should say. Horrible disease. But even if Truss has the full bag of beans, even her biggest fan would have to admit she isn't all there sometimes.

As for why I am on here. What can I say, I like the company. Shame Deppity Dawg isn't around anymore. I always enjoyed his posts.

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on October 05, 2022, 06:24:26 PM
What we're you expecting? Letters falling off in the background or something?

She read from an autocue. As long as she could read, she wasn't going to stutter. There was no humour and it sounded wooden. I have a feeling she is suffering from very early stages of dementia given the way she acts although I wouldn't wish that on anyone so hope I'm wrong. Hands everywhere, cheesy smile. Very slow in speech that slurs. The speech was subpar. But how it is presented is irrelevant to the substance of it. No detail how growth was going to be managed, very short in length. Marks out of ten. 1/10. The one given to the protestors who lightened up the room.
You're a doctor now, are you, B0ycey? You are really an expert from sh*t to rhubard, which makes me wonder why you hang around on a politics forum all day. You have so much to offer. :P
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Just reported — pound weakens and borrowing costs rise after Truss speech.

Evening Standard — brought to me by bing so can't give the link...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on October 05, 2022, 07:15:16 PM
I guess that if she was privately educated and had public speaking lessons that would also be wrong. I see no reason for remarks about looks etc which I suspect would not have been made if she were a man.
You reckon? I don't play these pissy little gender games. Male or female, if you're crap, you're crap. I haven't mentioned her gender anyway. If the only thing you can respond to me is something I haven't mentioned you would be better off quoting Pappy who also thought she was crap.

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on October 05, 2022, 07:15:16 PM
I guess that if she was privately educated and had public speaking lessons that would also be wrong. I see no reason for remarks about looks etc which I suspect would not have been made if she were a man.
I guess you're now realising that there are sections within the UK that the many in the establishment (and others) tolerate in some places, but still regard as inferior.

But I agree, I thought the speech was surprisingly well delivered considering she's usually such an awful speaker in formal situations. Have to agree with others, though, almost zero points for informative content...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...