Where do they get these people?

Started by cromwell, October 03, 2022, 06:43:50 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 07:56:29 AM

I've said it before and I totally maintain it. The mood in the UK right now is anti Tory. The fact we still have hard-core Truss lovers on here means this is a Tory elite forum. No poll needed.
I am a Conservative supporter — or a supporter of what I'd considered Conservative one nation ideals. But the Tory Party of today (or from about 2015) has been moving away from a political ideology I can buy into.

The two main parties are made up of a wide range of views. Labour — except under Blair — always looked like the Far Left could gain control — even under Kinnock. The Conservatives hardly attracted the Ultra Right — but it seems now to be appealing to Millwall type factions — and that's not for me.

Who I vote for doesn't matter in N16, but there's nowhere I feel I could put my vote, even if it did...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 09:07:26 PM
Go on them SW. Who is that party?

I told you, Labour just needs you to not vote. But if you must, UKIP will do.

By the time election time arrives people will be more of sick of the Westminster party than they ever were with them arguing after the referendum and they certainly won't be voting Tory as a way out and that is all Labour can rely on, making themselves look like the only opposition, whereas now is the time for keeping one's powder dry. Which for some reason winds you right up.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 06, 2022, 09:04:16 PM
Your problem is we will vote given an alternative . As we saw with the rise of UKIP before the referendum and more recently in Italy . Give the people what they want and they will follow .
Go on them SW. Who is that party?

I told you, Labour just needs you to not vote. But if you must, UKIP will do.

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 08:42:59 PM
SW, Im not here to convince you to vote Labour so that isn't a problem for me at all. Starmer doesn't need Tory voters to get into number 10 anyway. He needs you to not vote at all. But as it happens, he is now getting Tory voters switching anyway. Just not the ones who post on here. On here, they are closet Tories. Tories who refuse to acknowledge they are Tories. lol
Your problem is we will vote given an alternative . As we saw with the rise of UKIP before the referendum and more recently in Italy . Give the people what they want and they will follow . 

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 06, 2022, 08:31:10 PM
Give the man a medal ,the electorate are anti tory .  Nobody is a Truss lover either , well maybe Nick and maybe Barry and Toots but the fact of the matter is as Jog said is that we hate Labour and the Tories are as good as we are going to get for now . Being anti tory doesnt mean we will vote Labour  though , and thats your problem
SW, Im not here to convince you to vote Labour so that isn't a problem for me at all. Starmer doesn't need Tory voters to get into number 10 anyway. He needs you to not vote at all. But as it happens, he is now getting Tory voters switching anyway. Just not the ones who post on here. On here, they are closet Tories. Tories who refuse to acknowledge they are Tories. lol

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 07:56:29 AM

I've said it before and I totally maintain it. The mood in the UK right now is anti Tory. The fact we still have hard-core Truss lovers on here means this is a Tory elite forum. No poll needed.
Give the man a medal ,the electorate are anti tory .  Nobody is a Truss lover either , well maybe Nick and maybe Barry and Toots but the fact of the matter is as Jog said is that we hate Labour and the Tories are as good as we are going to get for now . Being anti tory doesnt mean we will vote Labour  though , and thats your problem 

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on October 06, 2022, 05:57:47 PM
I guess traces of drugs would be found in a majority of offices, pubs, and restaurants in London. So I'm not surprised the Palace of Westminster also has been found to be the same. There may even be users in No.10.

Good use of question mark to attempt a smear of an object of your pathological/irrational hatred (pose?)...
It was a genuine question.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 05, 2022, 09:53:01 PM
Drugs?
I guess traces of drugs would be found in a majority of offices, pubs, and restaurants in London. So I'm not surprised the Palace of Westminster also has been found to be the same. There may even be users in No.10.

Good use of question mark to attempt a smear of an object of your pathological/irrational hatred (pose?)...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on October 06, 2022, 03:24:25 PM
Well in your defence, all of those drug residues they keep finding the rest must have gone somewhere.
Precisely.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on October 06, 2022, 03:18:41 PM
No association implied. merely personally I would have every MP drug and alcohol tested before they were allowing into the debating chamber.

Well in your defence, all of those drug residues they keep finding the rest must have gone somewhere.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on October 06, 2022, 03:06:03 PM
George Osborne now identifies as Liz Truss, does he?

Guilty by association does not really work, PS, anyway it wasn't an accusation was it, with that question mark and all ? ? Butt Kick
No association implied. merely personally I would have every MP drug and alcohol tested before they were allowing into the debating chamber.

Barry

George Osborne now identifies as Liz Truss, does he?

Guilty by association does not really work, PS, anyway it wasn't an accusation was it, with that question mark and all ? ? Butt Kick
† The end is nigh †

Good old

papasmurf