Where do they get these people?

Started by cromwell, October 03, 2022, 06:43:50 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on October 11, 2022, 12:04:34 PM
What we should have done was to never even trigger aricle 16 but simply repeal the European Communities Act.
The EU needs us more than we need them.

Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag
As I pointed out elsewhere, what we SHOULD have done is fabricated the Scot's 2014 indy ref the way the Welsh did with the 1997 cottage burners Devo referendum.

Scotlands exit from the EU in 2014 would, as Barosso pointed out, automatically causecejection of both the newly independent Scotland and the rump of the uk which at that time was hugely eurosceptic compared to 2016. We would never have reapplied under the terms demanded and we would have sorted the whole shitshow out by 2015
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on October 11, 2022, 09:51:20 PM
This forum needs you.

It makes me laugh when you come here with your obvious carricatures and the arch Brexiteers and right wing loons agree with you unaware that in doing do they are making themselves the willing butts of your joke.

For comedic value you are priceless. I hope you keep taking the piss. It is always good for a laugh.

It amuses the hell out of myself, because the EU spend just about every waking hour trying to prove it is the other way around. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on October 11, 2022, 09:51:20 PM
This forum needs you.

It makes me laugh when you come here with your obvious carricatures and the arch Brexiteers and right wing loons agree with you unaware that in doing do they are making themselves the willing butts of your joke.

For comedic value you are priceless. I hope you keep taking the piss. It is always good for a laugh.
We like laughing at ourselves as much as we laugh at the missguided fools from Orwells farm 

srb7677

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on October 11, 2022, 12:04:34 PM
What we should have done was to never even trigger aricle 16 but simply repeal the European Communities Act.

Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag
This forum needs you.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

HallowedBrexit

Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 08:06:43 PM
Doesn't matter Streetwalker. 
No it doesnt matter so why try and make false claims about the history of events 
Farage backed Johnson and stationed MPs away from strategic seats. He backed Johnsons deal whether he had ingestion or not. 
Those strategic seats were ones where MP's who voted leave were standing regardless of party . The idea being to have as many leavers in Parliament as possible 
He tollerated Johnsons deal as it moved Brexit forward from where it had become stuck , saying he backed it is a bit of a leap
Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 08:06:43 PMDid you know, remain parties had a bigger vote share to leave parties?
They were all remain parties bar Brexit  so yes . Seeing as it wasnt an EU vote it didnt matter to labour leave  voters who returned to their traditional home . Its not as if Corbyn was saying leave either , he was a fence sitter , get a deal done with the EU and put it to the people wasnt it ?  

As for Johnsons cabinet, it may have been full of weathercocks but they were all on board the Brexit Express when they had their noses in Johnsons ass to get their Jobs. The true Remainers, that is those who knew what the Brexit clusterfuck entailed, were purged. But as it happens, the two guys who architected the 'oven ready deal', Johnson and Frost, were strong Brexiteers who promised the Earth and delivered dirt and the other guys didn't do much but vote for the deal anyway. Frost wouldn't have conceded anything he could have got away with.
Indeed , the tories will do and say anything to stay in power . Johnson chose Brexit as a way of getting it . As for Frost he was far from a strong Brexiteer having said before the referendum that he wanted to stay in the single market , a eurosceptic at best . 

They are all Tories , they will say one thing and do another , think one way and act another . Do anything to keep in power and keep Labour out .  (they have their uses ) 

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 10, 2022, 06:27:19 PM
Thats not actually true Boycey. Of Johnsons cabinet of 22 ,14 had voted remain . You can't even say they later changed their minds with only 5 of them voting against Mayhems brino deal (twice ) and just 2 of them on the third vote . (Patel and Villiers)
After that just 5 of them voted on the no deal option handing more bargining power to the EU

Doesnt look like a lot of will for Brexit there to me , remain is still strong through the party .Dont think so  he didnt stand in seats he couldnt win and a couple of Brexit candidates sided with the tories .Apart from that he is on record as saying the oven ready deal would give us indegestion ,General election 2019: Farage in last-ditch appeal to Leave supporters - BBC News
Doesn't matter Streetwalker. Farage backed Johnson and stationed MPs away from strategic seats. He backed Johnsons deal whether he had ingestion or not. In fact, I would say it was thanks to the Brexit Party by taking votes off Labour and Swinson/ Corbyn taking chunks off each other when they needed to unite for the reason the Tories had a strong majority. Did you know, remain parties had a bigger vote share to leave parties?

As for Johnsons cabinet, it may have been full of weathercocks but they were all on board the Brexit Express when they had their noses in Johnsons ass to get their Jobs. The true Remainers, that is those who knew what the Brexit clusterfuck entailed, were purged. But as it happens, the two guys who architected the 'oven ready deal', Johnson and Frost, were strong Brexiteers who promised the Earth and delivered dirt and the other guys didn't do much but vote for the deal anyway. Frost wouldn't have conceded anything he could have got away with.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2022, 07:39:55 PM
He already posted it, not his fault if you don't read it.
No he hasn't
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 04:42:02 PM
Evidence please.
He already posted it, not his fault if you don't read it. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 03:34:42 PM
Evidence please? (You obviously know little of fishery inspection vessels and fish market inspection.)
Already posted the evidence, not my problem if you don't read it. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 05:50:50 PM
I will accept that AT FIRST the Tories were a remain party, but that all changed when Johnson became PM and purged all the half decent MPs they had and filled his cabinet full of Brexiteers. 
Thats not actually true Boycey. Of Johnsons cabinet of 22 ,14 had voted remain . You cant even say they later changed their minds with only 5 of them voting against Mayhems brino deal (twice ) and just 2 of them on the third vote . (Patel and Villiers) 
After that just 5 of them voted on the no deal option handing more bargining power to the EU 

Doesnt look like a lot of will for Brexit there to me , remain is still strong through the party .
Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 05:50:50 PM
 In fact Farage even said he wouldn't campaign against Tory seats and fielded candidates instead where Labour were strong so he must have been on board with Johnsons oven ready deal once at least. 

Dont think so  he didnt stand in seats he couldnt win and a couple of Brexit candidates sided with the tories .Apart from that he is on record as saying the oven ready deal would give us indegestion ,General election 2019: Farage in last-ditch appeal to Leave supporters - BBC News 

As for Truss ...  if we have to rely on her we are doomed , doomed I tell ya !

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 10, 2022, 04:56:49 PM
As I keep telling you Boycey the Conservatives were a remain party . It was just a few chancers who with the help of the electoral commission stole the leave campaign from those who had campaigned to leave for years  ,Had the Grassroots out team  got the nod to be the official leave campaign Boris and his mates would have fallen in line behind Cameron . The cons  conspired to rig the result and still messed it up .
We now once again have a remainer  as PM and any promises are further away than ever , as I say ,a Remainer Brexit beckons

I will accept that AT FIRST the Tories were a remain party, but that all changed when Johnson became PM and purged all the half decent MPs they had and filled his cabinet full of Brexiteers. In fact Farage even said he wouldn't campaign against Tory seats and fielded candidates instead where Labour were strong so he must have been on board with Johnsons oven ready deal once at least. But that's irrelevant I guess. We got the best deal we could and anything else that was promised but expected were founded on lies given it requires good will from the EU.

As for Truss, she is most definitely not a Remainer. A weathercock perhaps. Even a turncoat. But not a Remainer. She is now pure Tory Blue.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 05:03:23 PM
No, it is dependent on the government doing a deal. (Which they have not even attempted to do.)
My thoughts were it would have been better for the fishing industry to at least have a say in its own destiny rather than rely on a Conservative party that has sold them out on more than one occasion .
We all know what it is I was suggesting how it should be 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 10, 2022, 04:56:49 PM
Well thats part of managering their own industry . 
No, it is dependent on the government doing a deal. (Which they have not even attempted to do.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe