Where do they get these people?

Started by cromwell, October 03, 2022, 06:43:50 PM

« previous - next »

Baff

Quote from: patman post on October 15, 2022, 08:35:09 PM

Play semantics all you like, but Johnson f**ked up, and it's all out there for the world to see...
He certainly f**ed up significantly less than every other world leader.
That is what the world sees.

At the same time... uncharted waters. Mistakes are to be expected and I couldn't tell you even with the benefit of hindsight what the optimum path to tread was.

Baff

Quote from: B0ycey on October 03, 2022, 07:10:56 PM
Indeed Cromwell. I wonder, if everyone is expected to do well paid jobs, who is left doing the shit paid jobs? It wouldn't be so farcical but it seems the essential jobs, you know the ones people had to do and couldn't be furloughed, happen to be minimum wage! Perhaps minimum wage should increase in line with inflation plus 2%. Maybe that would solve the problem than everyone applying to become a banker Mr Berry.

They are not minimum wage anymore.
The combo of no more free movement people and COVID has pretty much doubled those peoples wages in the last 6 years.

It's been a sellers market for labour for some time.
I have noticed a slow down this year. Haven't had a pay rise yet. I've grown used to them!

Nick

Frankly, I don't give a toss about your globetrotting. New York is a buzzing city, and it's one of my favourites. But it isn't the UK.

Sadly, Boris followed his own gut instinct, as did his political adviser. They were both wrong.

Many more people died than needed to because no one in authority insisted, despite medical advice, on keeping people confined and separate.

Play semantics all you like, but Johnson f**ked up, and it's all out there for the world to see...
Answer this before I continue...

How many people died FROM Covid?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on October 15, 2022, 08:19:06 PM
No

But in this forums antecedents swearing wasn't allowed right back to 2010.

OK I do swear at times but does basic Anglo Saxon enhance what you post,would you do it in front of your wife,mixed company at a function in a restaurant?

would Oi pablo, gunga din,who flung dung (as per restaurant)get your ar** over here with my effing grub be appropriate. And I have heard similar over the years and not always from what are described as chavs.

In a restaurant once and a very posh patron started clicking his fingers at a waiter,the waiter bent down and started whistling  said posh man "what on earth are you doing?" the waiter replied "Oh sorry sir,thought you'd lost your dog"

I laughed and left a large tip......not everyone  wants to hear or see it,I'm not that bothered but isn't it poor if you ignore others  sensibilities,nothing to do with woke imo.
But is this forum a restaurant?

Some of the expressions of pre-Mrs P that I found most endearing were her double-U, T, F, if she found things disappointing — not that I intend to go into detail. Besides, Cor Blimey (Gud Blinde Meg) isn't in her natural vocabulary either.

Language moves on — as berk and (as I saw on TV) "absolute shower". Bloody and damn are now uncensored on mainstream TV.

Why is prick allowed, but not C@@@?

I don't think I'd call anyone either, but it's a strange limitation...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Many more people died than needed to because no one in authority insisted, despite medical advice, on keeping people confined and separate.

I think the UK f**ked up massively when they started putting Covid deaths as deaths for anything 28 days after a positive test and jumping on the wagon locking everything down. It skewed the Covid deaths for us compared to other nations and didn't they let us know they were better than us. Funny enough, I am only aware of one person who died of "Covid" and they were disabled and had breathing issues and poor health. I am not going to argue with you Posty over this given the issue is about as divisive as American politics, but Johnson shouldn't have locked down and I genuinely believe that we have all had it more than once by now so you were going to get it whatever Johnson did and if you're alive you weren't part of the unlucky 0.3%

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 15, 2022, 08:22:42 PM
Boris followed what the chief medical and science officers said, if he hadn't you'd be jumping up and down asking why he didn't follow the professionals and that he cost lives. I was in NewYork in March so the USA hadn't locked down either.
Frankly, I don't give a toss about your globetrotting. New York is a buzzing city, and it's one of my favourites. But it isn't the UK.

Sadly, Boris followed his own gut instinct, as did his political adviser. They were both wrong.

Play semantics all you like, but Johnson fucked up, and it's all out there for the world to see...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 15, 2022, 07:58:53 PM
Johnson delayed action in January 2020, even though there were pictures of Italian hospitals loaded to the gunnels with dying Covid sufferers.

March was too late to impose restrictions, and overriding the medics to garner approval from the Alex Jones's of the UK — despite credible medical advice — backfired.

So, in blind panic, the Johnson administration poured billions into all sorts of schemes and suppliers, from Nightingale hospitals to useless PPE. And guess what, like a stopped clock, he struck lucky, and a Covid vaccine came good.

From that we're told he got all the bid calls right.

Don't expect me to salute a marksman for hitting the bullseye when he uses half the military's repeating automatic small arms for target practice...
Boris followed what the chief medical and science officers said, if he hadn't you'd be jumping up and down asking why he didn't follow the professionals and that he cost lives. I was in NewYork in March so the USA hadn't locked down either. 

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on October 15, 2022, 06:50:35 PM
Cor Blimey , this whole administration needs bulldozing out of power and burying.

Johnson's cavalier attitude to Covid, has already caused tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths — and probably, nearly his own.

How stupid are our leaders not to take advice from people who know about these things — especially when the effective range of antibiotics is still rapidly diminishing because of their overprescribing and faulty use by patients ignoring instructions...?

PS — I never typed Cor Blimey. It's not my vocabulary. I submitted Eff Eff Ess. Is this the new nannying  forum worried about Tory home county sensibilities?
No

But in this forums antecedents swearing wasn't allowed right back to 2010.

OK I do swear at times but does basic Anglo Saxon enhance what you post,would you do it in front of your wife,mixed company at a function in a restaurant? 

would Oi pablo, gunga din,who flung dung (as per restaurant)get your ar** over here with my effing grub be appropriate. And I have heard similar over the years and not always from what are described as chavs.

In a restaurant once and a very posh patron started clicking his fingers at a waiter,the waiter bent down and started whistling  said posh man "what on earth are you doing?" the waiter replied "Oh sorry sir,thought you'd lost your dog"

I laughed and left a large tip......not everyone  wants to hear or see it,I'm not that bothered but isn't it poor if you ignore others  sensibilities,nothing to do with woke imo.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

PS — did I blame the Tories for the strange anomalies on this site...?

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 15, 2022, 07:38:43 PM
What did Boris do that caused tens of thousands of deaths?
As for your Cor Blimey , these are standard censored words and have literally been in place got years. So no, it hasn't anything to go with the Tories.
Johnson delayed action in January 2020, even though there were pictures of Italian hospitals loaded to the gunnels with dying Covid sufferers. 

March was too late to impose restrictions, and overriding the medics to garner approval from the Alex Jones's of the UK — despite credible medical advice — backfired.

So, in blind panic, the Johnson administration poured billions into all sorts of schemes and suppliers, from Nightingale hospitals to useless PPE. And guess what, like a stopped clock, he struck lucky, and a Covid vaccine came good. 

From that we're told he got all the bid calls right. 

Don't expect me to salute a marksman for hitting the bullseye when he uses half the military's repeating automatic small arms for target practice...

Nick

Cor Blimey , this whole administration needs bulldozing out of power and burying.

Johnson's cavalier attitude to Covid, has already caused tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths — and probably, nearly his own.

How stupid are our leaders not to take advice from people who know about these things — especially when the effective range of antibiotics is still rapidly diminishing because of their overprescribing and faulty use by patients ignoring instructions...?

PS — I never typed Cor Blimey. It's not my vocabulary. I submitted Eff Eff Ess. Is this the new nannying  forum worried about Tory home county sensibilities?
What did Boris do that caused tens of thousands of deaths?
As for your ffs, these are standard censored words and have literally been in place got years. So no, it hasn't anything to go with the Tories. 

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on October 15, 2022, 07:14:03 PM
Nothing to do with the Mods! Refer to the owner.
Cromwell once alerted me to the sensibilities of a previous owner who, I remember being told, was extremely religious (apologies Mr C if I'm remembering this incorrectly).

Maybe these sensibilities have been carried over now the globe trotting IT technician has taken charge — so perhaps the swear parameters might one day be tweaked...

As a total aside, wasn't FFS supposed to be calling on the Lord's name in vain...?

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on October 15, 2022, 07:02:07 PM
Mate been caught out with the Cor Blimey myself which is crazy given it is an acronym with only a single swear word that isn't spelt out. The guys with the power simply don't like swearing which doesn't happen on any other forum I know. We are simply in a woke world and soon we will have to reveal our preferred pronouns on here I suspect.
Nothing to do with the Mods! Refer to the owner.

B0ycey

Mate been caught out with the Cor Blimey myself which is crazy given it is an acronym with only a single swear word that isn't spelt out. The guys with the power simply don't like swearing which doesn't happen on any other forum I know. We are simply in a woke world and soon we will have to reveal our preferred pronouns on here I suspect.

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on October 15, 2022, 05:54:05 PM
Like I said where do they get these people

What a silly moo
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11318711/Th-r-se-Coffeys-nuts-plan-antibiotic-prescription-without-GP-okay-makes-drugs-effective.html

PS — I never typed Cor Blimey. It's not my vocabulary. I submitted Eff Eff Ess. Is this the new nannying  forum worried about Tory home county sensibilities?