Nurses may be revolting.

Started by papasmurf, October 06, 2022, 03:29:55 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on October 07, 2022, 12:53:14 PM
And they differentiate between a pay scale increase and a pay rise. Compare nurses salaries to those in the forces, they are on considerably more, and they get to come home every night.
My nephew is in the army and - unlike nurses - he gets cheap accommodation for himself and his wife which costs him a fraction of the cost of my social rent flat. And he has an entire house. And whilst on duty in the field he is supplied with all his needs at public expense. He reckons he has a pretty good deal. Supply nurses with ultra low cost houses and free food whilst on duty and you might have an argument.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 07, 2022, 02:35:33 PM
Where in my post did I say any of that Nick?please don't make up things I didn't  even allude to.
I never said you did, i wasn't making anything up, I was asking a question. Is that still allowed?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 07, 2022, 12:58:57 PM
More than the forces or Lifeboat services? Both of whom may return home in a box.
Where in my post did I say any of that Nick?please don't make up things I didn't  even allude to.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 07, 2022, 01:44:55 PM
BUT there are very few independent services and the risks are the same for both.
And that's why I said lifeboat services as it encompasses them all. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 07, 2022, 01:33:59 PM
That is not just the RNLI, some towns, like where I live have independent services.
BUT there are very few independent services and the risks are the same for both.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 07, 2022, 01:08:24 PM
You did:- " Lifeboat services"
That is not just the RNLI, some towns, like where I live have independent services. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 07, 2022, 01:07:14 PM
Of course, she came home, (are you playing stupid yet again.) She worked permanent night SHIFT, for decades, often "acting up" unpaid in charge of the hospital. (She never got close to £30000 a year.)
So why try and make a point when I said they get to come home at night, you're the one playing games by thinking you're smart by bringing night shift into it. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 07, 2022, 01:05:40 PM
Who mentioned the RNLI, I didn't. But you conveniently ignored the part about the forces.
You did:- " Lifeboat services"

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 07, 2022, 01:02:18 PM
So she never came home then? Is that what you're saying? Otherwise you're just posting irrelevant stuff.
Of course, she came home, (are you playing stupid yet again.) She worked permanent night SHIFT, for decades, often "acting up" unpaid in charge of the hospital. (She never got close to £30000 a year.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 07, 2022, 01:04:19 PM
The RNLI are volunteers very few are employed full time, the rest only get "shout" money. Although RNLI crew do die from time to time given the long history although tragic it is fortunately not often. (I am ex-lifeboat shore crew.)
Who mentioned the RNLI, I didn't. But you conveniently ignored the part about the forces. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 07, 2022, 12:58:57 PM
More than the forces or Lifeboat services? Both of whom may return home in a box.
The RNLI are volunteers very few are employed full time, the rest only get "shout" money. Although RNLI crew do die from time to time given the long history although tragic it is fortunately not often. (I am ex-lifeboat shore crew.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 07, 2022, 12:56:56 PM
My wife worked permanent night shift for decades as a nurse before she retired early due to ill health.
So she never came home then? Is that what you're saying? Otherwise you're just posting irrelevant stuff. 

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 06, 2022, 10:36:47 PM
To a point....yes.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 07, 2022, 12:53:14 PMthey get to come home every night.
My wife worked permanent night shift for decades as a nurse before she retired early due to ill health.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 06, 2022, 09:11:19 PM
They have got to be joking . Nurses  pay is about £30K  a year +. Most people would be doing cartwheels  for that . they need to get back to work and be thankful they have secure jobs
And they differentiate between a pay scale increase and a pay rise. Compare nurses salaries to those in the forces, they are on considerably more, and they get to come home every night.