Potentially Another Truss Feck up!

Started by B0ycey, October 06, 2022, 03:45:23 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 04:46:41 PM
But if it is true the French are having to close their plants down over safety this year,
During the heatwave the cooling water taken from rivers used to cool the reactors got to hot and the plants had to be shut down. That no longer applies.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 04:30:57 PM
They work very well most of the time T00ts and they are out at sea so your delicate eyes doesnt have to see them. But they would work better if they were where they should be which is Scotland. I suspect the reason they are in English waters was to make sure we weren't reliant on the Scots as we were with oil.
Wrong again - 
How many onshore wind turbines are there in the UK?

Currently, the UK has around 8,600 onshore wind turbines in operation, with another 2,300 offshore. In 2020, wind power accounted for 24.8 percent of the electricity generated in the UK, surpassing coal in 2016 and nuclear in 2018. Wind power is the UK's most important source of renewable energy.7 Mar 2022

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 06, 2022, 04:37:06 PM
Have it your way

The UK now finds itself exporting electricity to France (mypoweruk.com)
The Times link has the year 2016. This article doesn't have a year. But if it is true the French are having to close their plants down over safety this year, perhaps that might be the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle why the National Grid has sent out a warning for blackouts this winter and caught Truss with her knickers down as she said we shouldn't be rationing this winter. We can't even rely on the French for electricity now. lol

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 04:28:02 PM
I have never heard the land of nuclear power stations have to rely on our electricity Sheepy. I want to ask for a link on that but I won't. The reason France was able to freeze their energy costs to their populous was because they own a shit load of nationalise nuclear power plants and have electricity a-plenty.

Have it your way

The UK now finds itself exporting electricity to France (mypoweruk.com)
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on October 06, 2022, 04:24:00 PM
Has anyone studied how often those wind monstrosities actually stand still. Not only are they ugly they are often useless.
They work very well most of the time T00ts and they are out at sea so your delicate eyes doesnt have to see them. But they would work better if they were where they should be which is Scotland. I suspect the reason they are in English waters was to make sure we weren't reliant on the Scots as we were with oil.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 06, 2022, 04:22:25 PM
When their reactors are working Boycey, we have been sending them power lately. Just a bit of trivia for you.
I have never heard the land of nuclear power stations have to rely on our electricity Sheepy. I want to ask for a link on that but I won't. The reason France was able to freeze their energy costs to their populous was because they own a shit load of nationalise nuclear power plants and have electricity a-plenty.

T00ts

Has anyone studied how often those wind monstrosities actually stand still. Not only are they ugly they are often useless. 

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 04:19:31 PM
Only if we can afford to buy it. We already buy electricity from France as it is.

When their reactors are working Boycey, we have been sending them power lately. Just a bit of trivia for you.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 06, 2022, 04:06:08 PM
I guess the EU won't be sending any of it back then, that they have been storing from the UK?
I can feel the shivers from here, no worries if things get so bad, you can pop in for a warm up and a cup of tea, then back on your way.
Only if we can afford to buy it. We already buy electricity from France as it is.

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on October 06, 2022, 03:57:10 PM
Wind farms and solar are rubbish in high pressure in winter, eh B0ycey, Starmer will get more of those and we'll still be cold.

Trivia of the Day:

Did you know wind energy is the most cost effective energy in terms of initial cost to output. It is also the fastest in terms of infrastructure set up.

Starmer wants to make the UK energy efficient by 2030 and realistically that can only be done with wind given nuclear power stations take many years to build. I suspect he isn't planning on shutting off the gas stations nor stopping nuclear power plants from being built anyway. I have heard this bollocks like what are we to do when the wind doesn't blow. Nobody considers that maybe we might harness the energy when there is abundance and store it. And anyone who closes the gas plants until it is unnecessary to have them deserves the same ridicule Truss deserves today. I doubt Starmer will just rely on Wind and solar alone Barry, your fear is unfounded.

Sheepy

I guess the EU won't be sending any of it back then, that they have been storing from the UK? 
I can feel the shivers from here, no worries if things get so bad, you can pop in for a warm up and a cup of tea, then back on your way.

Barry

Wind farms and solar are rubbish in high pressure in winter, eh B0ycey, Starmer will get more of those and we'll still be cold.
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63155827

Liz Truss might be in hot water this Winter, although some of the blame could be passed onto Johnson as well. When Europe has been gas rationing, the UK have given no such advice and the advice it did do was to say we should carry on as normal and not curb our usage. But the National Grid cannot guarantee energy supply this year. If the lights go out during the winter - given boilers need electricity to run, I see no forgiveness for Truss when she hasn't implemented any caution to protect our gas supply and everyone is cold. She might get lucky though. But a long hard winter, she is fucked.