Potentially Another Truss Feck up!

Started by B0ycey, October 06, 2022, 03:45:23 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 08:36:21 PM
GB energy doesn't even take off until Starmer is PM Sheepy. Although if you are talking about blackouts we can indeed blame Lizzy because she hasn't brought in policies to protect our gas supply.

If you think I will be relying on the Westminster party for anything based on pie in the sky ivory tower politics you are most definitely barking up the wrong tree. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 06, 2022, 08:31:55 PM
Whatever, but this here new technology ain't all it is cracked up as, I get the feeling it might well fall down this winter and somehow blaming Lizzy on this occasion won't cut the mustard.

GB energy doesn't even take off until Starmer is PM Sheepy. Although if you are talking about blackouts we can indeed blame Lizzy because she hasn't brought in policies to protect our gas supply.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 08:03:17 PM
Batteries Barry? Who are you Volta? Flywheels.

Whatever, but this here new technology ain't all it is cracked up as, I get the feeling it might well fall down this winter and somehow blaming Lizzy on this occasion won't cut the mustard.

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on October 06, 2022, 07:53:14 PM
Renewables need to be over and above the reliable generating ability of the country. I know we can use batteries as storage, but they are not a green solution, themselves. It's the mining and then the disposal that are not green.
Batteries Barry? Who are you Volta? Flywheels.

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on October 06, 2022, 07:33:53 PM
And by 2030, all of the UK's electricity (except for Cornwall) will come from wind power.

I have to say that things have changed a bit since my hippy, dippy days when we tried to build a wind turbine to provide enough juice to fire up the telly so that we could watch the Good Old Days.
Being a mathematician you will know that 10,900 wind turbines at an average of 2MW per unit will produce 21.8 Gigawatts of power which goes a long way to an average demand of 35 GW in the UK, allowing us to burn less gas.

Except when we have an anticyclone and they produce 1 GW if we are lucky.

Renewables need to be over and above the reliable generating ability of the country. I know we can use batteries as storage, but they are not a green solution, themselves. It's the mining and then the disposal that are not green. 
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on October 06, 2022, 04:48:25 PM
Wrong again -
How many onshore wind turbines are there in the UK?

Currently, the UK has around 8,600 onshore wind turbines in operation, with another 2,300 offshore. In 2020, wind power accounted for 24.8 percent of the electricity generated in the UK, surpassing coal in 2016 and nuclear in 2018. Wind power is the UK's most important source of renewable energy.7 Mar 2022

And by 2030, all of the UK's electricity (except for Cornwall) will come from wind power.

I have to say that things have changed a bit since my hippy, dippy days when we tried to build a wind turbine to provide enough juice to fire up the telly so that we could watch the Good Old Days.
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on October 06, 2022, 06:09:39 PM
OPEC is probably ensuring income. When non-fossil fuel alternatives for energy supply most of the world market, oil prices will drop. And that could be as soon as five in years...
Of course they are ensuring income. They didn't bend over when Biden came knocking and they didn't bend over when Johnson came knocking also. The price of oil dropped and so supply drops with it. It is yet another whammy for fuel costs which isn't helped that oils is sold in Dollars.

patman post

OPEC is probably ensuring income while it can. When non-fossil fuel alternatives for energy supply most of the world market, oil prices will drop. And that could be as soon as five in years with all the development effort spurred on by climate change and current politics...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 05:09:27 PM
Sorry Sheepy, I was wondering if there was something more recent. You know, 2022 not 2016. As it turns out there is some truth to it when I did my own research just. The French Nuclear stations are corroding and are shutting down for repairs! Bad time for Europe. And it seems OPEC are cutting supply of oil on top of that. I wonder, has the penny dropped that sanctions are working against us not Russia yet?

Not some truth boycey a lot of it. Anyway, you carry on.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 06, 2022, 05:04:26 PM
You asked you received now what, you have to swerve around it.

Sorry Sheepy, I was wondering if there was something more recent. You know, 2022 not 2016. As it turns out there is some truth to it when I did my own research just. The French Nuclear stations are corroding and are shutting down for repairs! Bad time for Europe. And it seems OPEC are cutting supply of oil on top of that. I wonder, has the penny dropped that sanctions are working against us not Russia yet?

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 04:46:41 PM
The Times link has the year 2016. This article doesn't have a year. But if it is true the French are having to close their plants down over safety this year, perhaps that might be the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle why the National Grid has sent out a warning for blackouts this winter and caught Truss with her knickers down as she said we shouldn't be rationing this winter. We can't even rely on the French for electricity now. lol

You asked you received now what, you have to swerve around it.

B0ycey

Quote from: Barry on October 06, 2022, 04:59:03 PM
That's what the Greens and Carrie and Greta supporters have been telling me for years, B0ycey. The reality is power cuts, mate!
We'll find out Barry. That is unless you think Truss can turn her clusterfuck around that is.

Barry

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 04:17:06 PM
 I doubt Starmer will just rely on Wind and solar alone Barry, your fear is unfounded.
That's what the Greens and Carrie and Greta supporters have been telling me for years, B0ycey. The reality is power cuts, mate!
† The end is nigh †

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on October 06, 2022, 04:48:25 PM
Wrong again -
How many onshore wind turbines are there in the UK?

Currently, the UK has around 8,600 onshore wind turbines in operation, with another 2,300 offshore. In 2020, wind power accounted for 24.8 percent of the electricity generated in the UK, surpassing coal in 2016 and nuclear in 2018. Wind power is the UK's most important source of renewable energy.7 Mar 2022

God knows where these windfarms are then T00ts. Must be in your garden. I see the odd one every so often I guess. But if it helps, Starmer will build them out at sea.

Hey @Barry, check this out. 25% of our energy is from wind. Not bad considering the wind doesn't blow.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe