Potentially Another Truss Feck up!

Started by B0ycey, October 06, 2022, 03:45:23 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 07, 2022, 12:01:48 PM
I think you have only discovered their existence yesterday
That's where you went wrong, if you read my post instead of thinking you'd see that I've used them in India. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 07, 2022, 11:53:49 AM
Magnets don't store anything, it's just a generator with a big flywheel, and more electricity you take from it the faster it slows down. 🙄
Magnets stop the friction Nick. They work off Newtons first law. As I said, they are already being used. This is a pointless conversation right now being I think you have only discovered their existence yesterday and trying to understand what they are and debate on your little understanding before you know what they are. The only thing you need to know is they storage energy and very durable. 

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 07, 2022, 11:44:48 AM
They use magnets and are very reliable for long term storage. You obviously don't know what they are. Not only that, you aren't aware they are currently being used today to store energy it seems. The idea we are using batteries to store a large amount of energy is farcical when we are struggling to find lithium for the electric car revolution and batteries corrode.
Magnets don't store anything, it's just a generator with a big flywheel, and more electricity you take from it the faster it slows down. 🙄 

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 07, 2022, 11:34:59 AM
Flywheels are a short term storage that use energy so they are not a replacement for batteries.
They use magnets and are very reliable for long term storage. You obviously don't know what they are. Not only that, you aren't aware they are currently being used today to store energy it seems. The idea we are using batteries to store a large amount of energy is farcical when we are struggling to find lithium for the electric car revolution and batteries corrode.

Sheepy

Anyway, I will catch you later, when we will be seeing if all this new great green revolution is actually all it is as advertised as, when you get power cuts and I have prepared for them. It will be just me and my border colly on here.

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on October 07, 2022, 11:16:49 AM
Ah I see so the carbon footprint from using concrete is less than say Lithium but still a large carbon footprint, while the loss of energy by using a flywheel connected to a motor is better than say direct battery storage. Because it would last longer.
Flywheels are a short term storage that use energy so they are not a replacement for batteries. 

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 07, 2022, 11:03:25 AM
The whole purpose of a flywheel is to store energy. Do you know what one is?
And you have to use energy constantly to keep it spinning, also it only stores energy for a short time. I've used them in India as a bridge for power cuts so that they don't lose data. The mains keeps it spinning and when the power cut occurs the flywheel feeds back onto the system until the power is restored. 
So yes, I know what I'm talking about. 

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on October 07, 2022, 11:10:19 AM
Some explanations here.
https://www.pv-magazine.com/2021/06/21/concrete-flywheel-storage-system-for-residential-pv/

Ah I see so the carbon footprint from using concrete is less than say Lithium but still a large carbon footprint, while the loss of energy by using a flywheel connected to a motor is better than say direct battery storage. Because it would last longer. 

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 07, 2022, 11:03:25 AM
Good point, how much energy is lost to power it? I might have to fetch Barry.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 07, 2022, 10:48:10 AM
How are you going to store electricity, cause flywheels don't store electricity, they are used as short term supplies like as a UPS.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 08:03:17 PM
Batteries Barry? Who are you Volta? Flywheels.
How are you going to store electricity, cause flywheels don't store electricity, they are used as short term supplies like as a UPS. 

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 06, 2022, 08:44:27 PM
I'm not saying you should rely on them Sheepy. I am saying when they f**k up you should blame them.

I won't be voting for any of it in the first place Boycey, I certainly ain't that crazy and so far, neither are the majority of voters they have blackballed the lot of them, whatever the media comes out with.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 06, 2022, 08:39:45 PM
If you think I will be relying on the Westminster party for anything based on pie in the sky ivory tower politics you are most definitely barking up the wrong tree.

I'm not saying you should rely on them Sheepy. I am saying when they F@@@ up you should blame them.