Ex-Met officer arrested for racist WhatsApp chat

Started by patman post, October 06, 2022, 09:11:31 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Scott777 on October 09, 2022, 12:46:28 AM
Are you suggesting it's ok to be assaulted just because you didn't do as told?
Not always , but its sometimes a consequence of it that is easily avoided by doing so

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on October 09, 2022, 09:13:42 AM
You think?........there are posters around who are aware that I had a close relative facing a life sentence for something they did not do.

Im not going in to all the details again but suffice to say it was an awful time which lasted all too long and has left bad memories,but you cannot be bitter forever to a whole section of people for the actions of one or two.

Here is a perfect example of the corruption of policing.  You could start from 3 minutes.

https://youtu.be/Ohw5S6Cg3lA
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nalaar

Quote from: Scott777 on October 09, 2022, 05:22:48 PM
Exactly.  It's the slippery slope.
Quite -  as was described so concisely by Robert Bolt in A Man for All Seasons

Quote"William Roper: "So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!"

Sir Thomas More: "Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?"

William Roper: "Yes, I'd cut down every law in England to do that!"

Sir Thomas More: "Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!"

Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: Nalaar on October 09, 2022, 10:14:07 AM
No doubt.
Lets hope you don't have any opinions that the state would want to arrest you for.

Exactly.  It's the slippery slope.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on October 09, 2022, 09:20:55 AM
The spike for getting boys scouts out of horse's hooves is a VERY old joke.  That you can use the spike to get stones of out horse's hooves (with care,) is factual. In the dim and distant past, I have done so myself.

You can probably tell I was never a boy scout.

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on October 09, 2022, 09:13:42 AM
You think?........there are posters around who are aware that I had a close relative facing a life sentence for something they did not do.

Im not going in to all the details again but suffice to say it was an awful time which lasted all too long and has left bad memories,but you cannot be bitter forever to a whole section of people for the actions of one or two.

It's not one or two.  If you watch youtubers such as Auditing Britain, or Crimebodge, you will start to understand the scale of the problem.  The vast of majority of cops do not know the law, and yet attempt to apply it.  Maybe you're aware of how many protesters were arrested during the lockdown, under Covid legislation.  Not one of them were lawful, because the European Court of Human Rights protects the right to assemble and protest.  No charges were continued.  Thousands of police across the country were just following orders, because that's what they all do, even when it's unlawful.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on October 08, 2022, 09:05:33 PM
RN sailor's clasp knife, I think — old uncle had one he'd kept since WWII...

many thanks.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 09, 2022, 09:54:45 AM
Nowhere near enough people are arrested for their digital communications.
Though at least one high-flyer has lost their job through allegations of digital interference...!
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 09, 2022, 10:14:07 AM
No doubt.
Lets hope you don't have any opinions that the state would want to arrest you for.
I have opinions and ongoing campaigns that the state would like to arrest me for, but they would not like the evidence that would be placed by me and others before the court if they did.

Nalaar

Quote from: papasmurf on October 09, 2022, 09:54:45 AM

No doubt.
Lets hope you don't have any opinions that the state would want to arrest you for. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 09, 2022, 09:49:35 AM
I would have expected more push-back against people being arrested for their digital communications, given this is a website of people interest in digital communications.

Nalaar

I would have expected more push-back against people being arrested for their digital communications, given this is a website of people interest in digital communications. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on October 09, 2022, 12:44:07 AM
Is there a lot of galloping in boy scouts?
The spike for getting boys scouts out of horse's hooves is a VERY old joke.  That you can use the spike to get stones of out horse's hooves (with care,) is factual. In the dim and distant past, I have done so myself.

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on October 09, 2022, 12:37:31 AM
Lots of people have a bugger of a job.  The difference between cops and the binman is if the binman gets it wrong, my bin might not be collected, whereas if the cop gets it wrong, I might get arrested, or cracked over the head with a baton.  At the end of the day, they choose to be cops, and must take responsibility for buggering up.  I suspect you are out of touch with how much the police bugger up.

Im not going in to all the details again but suffice to say it was an awful time which lasted all too long and has left bad memories,but you cannot be bitter forever to a whole section of people for the actions of one or two.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?