Ex-Met officer arrested for racist WhatsApp chat

Started by patman post, October 06, 2022, 09:11:31 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on October 09, 2022, 12:46:28 AM
Are you suggesting it's ok to be assaulted just because you didn't do as told?
In certain circumstances yes.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 08, 2022, 07:43:35 PM
You will be hard pressed (Im quite confident ) to find an incident where anyone gets assualted and fitted up when they are doing as requested by the old bill
Are you suggesting it's ok to be assaulted just because you didn't do as told?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 03:12:33 PM
 a spike for getting boy scouts out of horses hooves, 

Is there a lot of galloping in boy scouts?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on October 08, 2022, 02:16:52 PM
I confidently doubt that you've been to a million freedom protests in London — so you'll have to excuse me if I also suspect your other claims are also exaggerations...

That's true, I missed one of the protests.  That's no excuse for avoiding a sensible reply.

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on October 08, 2022, 08:38:49 AM
I see
So what you're really saying is you think the police discriminate against you,it's funny that's what they're saying.

Bugger of a job they have sometimes and as human beings they don't always get it right and like the rest of humanity have their share of bad people too.

Like I said can't win......stop a car for people not wearing seat belts. "Shouldn't you be out catching burglars"

Well maybe they would be if people weren't glueing themselves to the roads or trying to subvert a court case a la Yaxley Lennon or the million other things they have to do.

Lots of people have a bugger of a job.  The difference between cops and the binman is if the binman gets it wrong, my bin might not be collected, whereas if the cop gets it wrong, I might get arrested, or cracked over the head with a baton.  At the end of the day, they choose to be cops, and must take responsibility for buggering up.  I suspect you are out of touch with how much the police bugger up.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 08, 2022, 07:43:35 PM
He can say what he likes after the event but if he had just got out of the car when asked Im sure the PC wouldnt have lost the plot . As I keep saying every single incident of supposed misconduct from plod can be traced back to non compliant public .

You will be hard pressed (Im quite confident ) to find an incident where anyone gets assualted and fitted up when they are doing as requested by the old bill
A Kentish Town police officer who smashed the window of a suspect during an arrest in 2016 in a case of mistaken identity has been found guilty of gross misconduct by the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).

On September 16 2016, the then-Pc Joshua Savage stopped a car driven by Leon Fontana in Weddington Road, Kentish Town, before smashing his car window with his police baton and using an "unauthorised multi-tool" to saw through the glass.

Footage of the incident, which saw a shard of glass catch in Mr Fontana's eye, went viral and it later emerged this had been a case of mistaken identity - Mr Savage told a criminal trial he had thought that the driver was a known violent drug dealer.

[highlight](Surprise ?)[/highlight]Mr Savage, who lives in Wanstead, resigned from the Met in advance of the hearing.

The IOP's London director Sal Naseem said: "The police misconduct panel has ruled that PC Savage's actions amounted to gross misconduct.

https://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/crime/pc-josh-savage-gross-misconduct-ruling-for-ex-police-officer-3629734

No witnesses, aggressive cop(s), think I'd stay in the vehicle too...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

RN sailor's clasp knife, I think — old uncle had one he'd kept since WWII...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

When I was at a primary school in a rural area in the 1950s ALL the boys carried a knife with a folding not lockable blade plus a spike for getting boy scouts out of horses hooves, (a rope splicing spike) plus a length of baler string. I cannot recall a stabbing incident in the area until I was my teens and the culprit ended up with a broken arm "resisting arrest," by the local police officer.

What were they called? I have looked everywhere and can't find one. Apart from anything else they all had high carbon steel blades, so they took a better edge than the stainless steel used in modern blades.

When I was at school we were larking about and a friend slashed my left hand, which resulted in me losing a bucket of blood. When she was bandaging it up the school nurse asked and was told what had happened, whereupon she said, " Well, that was bloody silly wasn't it ?"

Later on when we were sniggering among  ourselves our form master said that of course nurse Morley hadn't actually sworn and that she just meant that there had been a lot of blood :)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on October 08, 2022, 05:22:49 PM
Looks like the knife a PC used to smash and cut through a windscreen when he stopped a car —  in a case of mistaken identity — and the occupant feared he was about to be assaulted and fitted up...
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/police-officer-charged-over-smashing-car-windscreen-a3491426.html#:~:text=Motorist%20Leon%20Fontana%2C%2025%2C%20was%20apparently%20pulled%20over,was%20filmed%20by%20motorist%20Leon%20Fontana%20%2F%20Twitter
He can say what he likes after the event but if he had just got out of the car when asked Im sure the PC wouldnt have lost the plot . As I keep saying every single incident of supposed misconduct from plod can be traced back to non compliant public . 

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 05:44:08 PM
The knives I refer to are now antiques they were armed forces issue in the 2nd World War.  Personally, I would not try and break a windscreen with one as the spike does not lock. There now many tools available for breaking windscreens in an emergency.
Unopened, held in the fist and used in a downward dagger like  motion would appear to have done the job. After that, the plastic substrate was easily "sawn" through to open up the windscreen.

The Officer concerned was charged with having the knife, but I don't know the outcome — though I can guess...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on October 08, 2022, 05:22:49 PM
Looks like the knife a PC used to smash and cut through a windscreen when he stopped a car —  in a case of mistaken identity — and the occupant feared he was about to be assaulted and fitted up...
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/police-officer-charged-over-smashing-car-windscreen-a3491426.html#:~:text=Motorist%20Leon%20Fontana%2C%2025%2C%20was%20apparently%20pulled%20over,was%20filmed%20by%20motorist%20Leon%20Fontana%20%2F%20Twitter
The knives I refer to are now antiques they were armed forces issue in the 2nd World War.  Personally, I would not try and break a windscreen with one as the spike does not lock. There now many tools available for breaking windscreens in an emergency.

patman post

When I was at a primary school in a rural area in the 1950s ALL the boys carried a knife with a folding not lockable blade plus a spike for getting boy scouts out of horses hooves, (a rope splicing spike) plus a length of baler string. I cannot recall a stabbing incident in the area until I was my teens and the culprit ended up with a broken arm "resisting arrest," by the local police officer.

Looks like the knife a PC used to smash and cut through a windscreen when he stopped a car —  in a case of mistaken identity — and the occupant feared he was about to be assaulted and fitted up...

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on October 08, 2022, 02:56:56 PM

In all my time as a school  boy with all of its scrapes, and there were quiet a few, no one ever got stabbed, not even nationally , some one might come up with a remote case I never ever heard of it.
When I was at a primary school in a rural area in the 1950s ALL the boys carried a knife with a folding not lockable blade plus a spike for getting boy scouts out of horses hooves, (a rope splicing spike) plus a length of baler string. I cannot recall a stabbing incident in the area until I was my teens and the culprit ended up with a broken arm "resisting arrest," by the local police officer. 

Good old

Quote from: patman post on October 07, 2022, 10:03:57 PM

You could well be right about what might have happened in earlier times, but physical beating by parents and in schools has been thought inappropriate for decades. I'm not convinced its resurrection is likely to help today's situation...
This is an area that I can't pretend to have an exact answer for, because the influence's gathered over many years are multiple. But as a bloke that's education was in the fifties when corporal punishment was taken for granted , I find some comparisons not just strange but sad.
In all my time as a school  boy with all of its scrapes, and there were quiet a few, no one ever got stabbed, not even nationally , some one might come up with a remote case I never ever heard of it. Even after school Knives  we're extremely rare. Maybe because those rare moments could and did produce a hanging in some rare cases.
What do we have now? Thirteen ,fourteen year olds using knifes on each other common place in and out of school, fifteen sixteen year olds off the scale. All with a proportion of deadly results. And all subject to the protection by law from a smack on any part of their frame , and all well aware the word, No! can be ignored and nothing bad will happen.

patman post

Quote from: Barry on October 08, 2022, 09:26:09 AM
Proverbs 13:24 says "Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them."

But you are right, the decline of society can rarely be reversed, it is all downhill from here, so best get used to it.
I guess boxing unruly kids round the ears — both figuratively and literally — with the Good Book could have some effect.

But, if there's to be a reverse in our declining behaviour, I believe it's to all adults to provide the example of civilised behaviour. The problem is to persuade ourselves that non-aggressive confrontation can still change things for the better, in the hope the idea will catch on.

Unfortunately, even our senior politicians, behave and spout off too often like gang leaders in post code wars...