Trade minister Conor Burns sacked after misconduct claim

Started by papasmurf, October 07, 2022, 06:12:28 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 08:42:23 AM
Seems most of the gossiping may well be right @cromwell. Although, isn't that what a forum is suppose to be? A place to gossip about politics?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/08/conor-burns-sacked-after-being-seen-touching-young-mans-thigh-witness-says

You would have thought after Pincher, the guy would have been more wise.
@BOycey and you'd have thought if you'd read the thread properly you'd recognise humour. :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 09:09:49 AM
Makes a change Pappy. Don't you comment on everything usually?
Boycey that was a famous quote from "House of Cards." There is wide range of subjects I don't comment on because they are of no interest to me.  Sport, "reality" TV, soap operas, being just three.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 09:02:15 AM
You may think that I of course could not possibly comment.

Makes a change Pappy. Don't you comment on everything usually?

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 08:50:15 AM
If that is true, I would say we could have a prime suspect for the white powder found in Westminster Pappy, but I wouldn't want to be held up for gossiping on a forum. lol
You may think that I of course could not possibly comment.

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 08:45:12 AM
It is now alleged he was both drunk and drugged
If that is true, I would say we could have a prime suspect for the white powder found in Westminster Pappy, but I wouldn't want to be held up for gossiping on a forum. lol

papasmurf

It is now alleged he was both drunk and drugged, (prescription pain killers do not mix well with alcohol.)

B0ycey

Seems most of the gossiping may well be right @cromwell. Although, isn't that what a forum is suppose to be? A place to gossip about politics?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/08/conor-burns-sacked-after-being-seen-touching-young-mans-thigh-witness-says

You would have thought after Pincher, the guy would have been more wise.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on October 08, 2022, 09:19:31 AM
Talking of humour, depends how firm the buttocks or appendages were, perhaps.
Not that I'm speculating about a gay Roman Catholic. Wouldn't dare.
Well apparently he's upset a spice girl as well but the whips office aren't commenting,considering all the connotations isn't that a name ripe for change.......whips that is not spice......but hang on spice has its own connotations too.  :)

Barry

Quote from: Nick on October 07, 2022, 10:58:22 PM
But that isn't a firm answer.
Talking of humour, depends how firm the buttocks or appendages were, perhaps.
Not that I'm speculating about a gay Roman Catholic. Wouldn't dare.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 08, 2022, 02:19:04 AM
Ah, T00ts and Steve go gossiping, that's vastly different than your previous statement where you post twice that I am gossiping.
Oh blimey I apologise all round for gossiping about gossiping and injecting some humour in to it.

I shall do my best to shelve my sense of humour......though there's no guarantee.  :P

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on October 07, 2022, 06:12:28 PM
Just what is the problem with Tory MPs?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63177669

9 minutes ago

Trade minister Conor Burns has been sacked from the government after a complaint of serious misconduct.
Mr Burns, 50, has also had the Tory whip removed while allegations of inappropriate behaviour during the party conference are investigated.

Downing Street said the prime minister "took direct action on being informed of this allegation".

Mr Burns said: "I will fully cooperate with the Party's enquiry and look forward to clearing my name."

In a string of tweets Mr Burns said he was not given any information about the complaint, "nor was I asked to provide any information".

He said: "I hope the party will be as quick to conduct their enquiry as they were to rush to judgement".

No 10 said: "Following a complaint of serious misconduct, the Prime Minister has asked Conor Burns MP to leave the Government with immediate effect.
"The Prime Minister took direct action on being informed of this allegation and is clear that all ministers should maintain the high standards of behaviour - a

Ooh dear.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 08, 2022, 01:50:44 AM
Bloke suspended nobody knows why,you ask anybody knows T00ts and Steve speculate I called it gossiping as nobody knows for sure.

Steve goes into long explanation,you take umbrage and I think

https://youtu.be/obq1JOIOYkA
Ah, T00ts and Steve go gossiping, that's vastly different than your previous statement where you post twice that I am gossiping. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 08, 2022, 12:05:37 AM
Really? And what point were you trying to make by stating things that weren't true?
Bloke suspended nobody knows why,you ask anybody knows T00ts and Steve speculate I called it gossiping as nobody knows for sure.

Steve goes into long explanation,you take umbrage and I think

https://youtu.be/obq1JOIOYkA

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 07, 2022, 11:37:54 PM
Oh blimey not you as well,did you see the smiley and I forgot T00ts was having a gossip too.

I was making a point that seems to have gone over everybody's head.
Really? And what point were you trying to make by stating things that weren't true?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 07, 2022, 11:03:49 PM
Again, I expect you to take that back as I DIDN'T SPECULATE ON ANYTHING, I asked a question.
Oh blimey not you as well,did you see the smiley and I forgot T00ts was having a gossip too.

I was making a point that seems to have gone over everybody's head.