The Tories really aren't that popular

Started by Borchester, October 08, 2022, 10:53:50 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 08:10:44 AM
What you talking about? A sensible view indeed, but a view that explains where the votes are going. HDQQ is completely right, the more right-wing the policy the more they strengthen their hard right core base but the more they lose from their centre base by votes switching or abstaining.

Where are they going then Boycey? because Labour or the Lib Dems don't have them as was proved at every bi-election.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 09, 2022, 11:53:11 PM
At last, a sensible view that acknowledges that no one knows where the votes are going.
What you talking about? A sensible view indeed, but a view that explains where the votes are going. HDQQ is completely right, the more right-wing the policy the more they strengthen their hard right core base but the more they lose from their centre base by votes switching or abstaining.

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on October 09, 2022, 11:05:04 PM
If the Tories lurch to the right they might get stronger approval from their existing hard-right voters and they might attract a few votes away from fringe right-wing parties but that won't compensate for the flood of centre-left Tory voters defecting to Labour, Lib Dem or just abstaining altogether.
At last, a sensible view that acknowledges that no one knows where the votes are going. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

HDQQ

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 08, 2022, 11:57:19 AM
Your joking of course Pappa . If they do ever move or even lurch  to the right it might just be the thing that does save them .
If the Tories lurch to the right they might get stronger approval from their existing hard-right voters and they might attract a few votes away from fringe right-wing parties but that won't compensate for the flood of centre-left Tory voters defecting to Labour, Lib Dem or just abstaining altogether. 
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on October 08, 2022, 01:45:50 PMa lot of the electorate want a more right wing government.
A lot more don't as Truss is currently demonstrating.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Sheepy

A raving disappointment on just about every level, is actually more like it, rabbits caught in the headlights of democracy.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 05:19:00 PM
Borchester I am asking you very politely to desist from telling lies about me. It is now beyond nasty it is harassment and stalking.
As you mention lies (perhaps, terminal inexactitudes under stress might be kinder as I've been warned off this subject, but I consider it relevant evidence), what's happened to the vast crematoriums on MOD land in Bicester, which appear now to be masquerading as a Tesco distribution depot and what could be (I've not visited), Bicester Shopping Village...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 08, 2022, 05:15:05 PM
Are you sure?

Borchester I am asking you very politely to desist from telling lies about me. It is now beyond nasty it is harassment and stalking.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 04:55:21 PM
That is another lie about me. Just stop doing it, you are being nasty. I have NEVER done what your lie states.
But you must admit that you do enjoy supporting those who put themselves into the underdog position as well as the genuine, erm, needy.

Is the Trussel Trust still around?  If so, is it getting a substantial boost as a result of the the licence fees from the number of food banks hospitals have been persuaded to instal...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 04:55:21 PM
That is another lie about me. Just stop doing it, you are being nasty. I have NEVER done what your lie states.

Are you sure?

When I was with HMRC we took on a quite a lot of God's Walking Wounded and they were all grateful for the structure it gave their lives. To be honest , some of them barely knew which day of the week it was, but they had jobs and they and their families were proud of them.

On the other hand, you would pop up and brag how you had managed to keep the poor devils out of work and on benefits
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 02:01:05 PM
Borchester stop lying about me, you keep repeating that lie despite it having NO foundation whatsoever.

Sorry to have upset you pappy
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 08, 2022, 01:45:50 PMAnd this may come as a surprise to you with your dream of a land fit for spongers Pappy
Borchester stop lying about me, you keep repeating that lie despite it having NO foundation whatsoever.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 08, 2022, 11:57:19 AM
Your joking of course Pappa . If they do ever move or even lurch  to the right it might just be the thing that does save them .

While they stand about in the mud with the Labour party that passes for middle England politics they are taking their chances with the swing voters and those who get the hump easily because not evrything goes their way .

Having the hump though may be short lived come election time when they see Labour policies (if they can come up with some ) and may well stick with the devil they know .
Well, it could be a factor that the electorate seemed to enjoy having a humping PM for a while, and some want him back...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 08, 2022, 01:42:46 PM
I'd like to see JRM as PM, Liz hasn't got the speed of thought and repartee.
But Rees-Mogg's affected drawl would have to call on the audience keeping count of his lying and irrelevant replies to keep awake.

Otherwise the commons would soon begin to resemble the Tory Conference audience after he takes to his feet...