The Tories really aren't that popular

Started by Borchester, October 08, 2022, 10:53:50 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 01:37:14 PM
If Rees Mogg became leader he is so far to the right and nasty with it the Tories would not only lose the next general election, they would be wiped out.

Dunno. He isn't ashamed to be British and doesn't like murdering babies. And Ress Mogg might have a larger following than expected. And this may come as a surprise to you with your dream of a land fit for spongers Pappy, a lot of the electorate want a more right wing government.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on October 08, 2022, 01:23:57 PM
We need policies Pappy, not cliches.

Maybe Rees Mogg could stand as the next leader of the Tory party, although I suspect he is too decent for the job.

Fortunately Starmer is too busy trying to match the Conservatives policies to be any real threat to Tory values, but even so it would be nice to see the Brothers and Sisters  given a run for their money rather than the expected walkover
I'd like to see JRM as PM, Liz hasn't got the speed of thought and repartee. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 12:41:15 PM
I am not joking, the comments from Jacob Rees Mogg and several other Tories are so far to the extreme right it is frightening.
Your easily frightened 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 08, 2022, 01:23:57 PM

Maybe Rees Mogg could stand as the next leader of the Tory party, although I suspect he is too decent for the job.

If Rees Mogg became leader he is so far to the right and nasty with it the Tories would not only lose the next general election, they would be wiped out.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 11:07:55 AM
Hopefully they can't win the next election, now they have lurched so far to the right.

We need policies Pappy, not cliches.

Fortunately Starmer is too busy trying to match the Conservatives policies to be any real threat to Tory values, but even so it would be nice to see the Brothers and Sisters  given a run for their money rather than the expected walkover
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 08, 2022, 11:57:19 AM
Your joking of course Pappa . 
I am not joking, the comments from Jacob Rees Mogg and several other Tories are so far to the extreme right it is frightening.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on October 08, 2022, 11:07:55 AM
Hopefully they can't win the next election, now they have lurched so far to the right.
Your joking of course Pappa . If they do ever move or even lurch  to the right it might just be the thing that does save them .

While they stand about in the mud with the Labour party that passes for middle England politics they are taking their chances with the swing voters and those who get the hump easily because not evrything goes their way . 

Having the hump though may be short lived come election time when they see Labour policies (if they can come up with some ) and may well stick with the devil they know . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 08, 2022, 10:53:50 AM
The gap between the Tories and Labour is now 23%.

And since only 26% intend to vote Tory anyway, our Liz seems a bit buggered.

What can the Tories do to win the next election?

https://www.politico.eu/europe-poll-of-polls/united-kingdom/

Borchester

The gap between the Tories and Labour is now 23%.

And since only 26% intend to vote Tory anyway, our Liz seems a bit buggered.

What can the Tories do to win the next election?

https://www.politico.eu/europe-poll-of-polls/united-kingdom/
Algerie Francais !