The Tories really aren't that popular

Started by Borchester, October 08, 2022, 10:53:50 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2022, 11:56:48 AM
No you can't, you can show what roughly 1500 people intend to do. If you look at what the same people think the outcome will be it states 14% chance of power compared to 18% for the Tories.
Nick just how bad do the Tories have to get before you actually realise how bad they are?

It is looking as if in two years' time several million of the middle class will be having to find another £200 week in mortgage and energy costs without other cost of living increases.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 08:46:32 AM
WHAT EVIDENCE SHEEPY?

I can link you the polling to show you where the voters are going so if you some evidence that Labour are in trouble, if you want credibility you best provide it as that is what you wrote.
No you can't, you can show what roughly 1500 people intend to do. If you look at what the same people think the outcome will be it states 14% chance of power compared to 18% for the Tories.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 09:13:44 AM
If you say so Sheepy. All I will say is I think you're going to be disappointed.

So you keep saying but it usually ends up the other way around. After all they are facing a candle now, which can easily be blown out if they choose to do so.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 10, 2022, 09:11:39 AM
But without them the Westminster party doesn't have a mandate for anything and it will collapse in a very short time. It isn't the Tory vote, they are no different from the rest of the Westminster party their actual vote is tiny.
If you say so Sheepy. All I will say is I think you're going to be disappointed.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 09:08:15 AM
What do you mean "now what"? If Tories don't turn out to vote, who gives a shit. They still lose which is exactly what happened. Although it should be said, that was back then. Polling suggest now they are switching.

But without them the Westminster party doesn't have a mandate for anything and it will collapse in a very short time. It isn't the Tory vote, they are no different from the rest of the Westminster party their actual vote is tiny. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 10, 2022, 08:57:55 AM
No they don't not in number of voters, the majority by a mile didn't turn up for any of it. It was a candle not a bonfire. Now what?

What do you mean "now what"? If Tories don't turn out to vote, who gives a shit. They still lose which is exactly what happened. Although it should be said, that was back then. Polling suggest now they are switching.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 08:55:23 AM
But the By-elections have huge swings from the Tories to the Lib Dems Sheepy. How exactly is that helping your argument?

I have faith in the polling at the moment, especially given the polling I mainly focus on is ran by a Tory rag. If you don't, then I do believe you are in for a shock. And so is Nick given the bollocks he was saying last week that a 30pt lead doesn't mean a Labour landslide. To get a Tory majority with such figures requires gerrymandering beyond even the Yanks capability.

No they don't not in number of voters, the majority by a mile didn't turn up for any of it. It was a candle not a bonfire. Now what? 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 10, 2022, 08:50:20 AM
Every bi-election Boycey, they don't have the votes, the populists do, who is going to keep voting for the same thing under a curtain of lies and deception? well you obviously.

But the By-elections have huge swings from the Tories to the Lib Dems Sheepy. How exactly is that helping your argument?

I have faith in the polling at the moment, especially given the polling I mainly focus on is ran by a Tory rag. If you don't, then I do believe you are in for a shock. And so is Nick given the bollocks he was saying last week that a 30pt lead doesn't mean a Labour landslide. To get a Tory majority with such figures requires gerrymandering beyond even the Yanks capability.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 08:46:32 AM
WHAT EVIDENCE SHEEPY?

I can link you the polling to show you where the voters are going so if you some evidence that Labour are in trouble, if you want credibility you best provide it as that is what you wrote.
Every bi-election Boycey, they don't have the votes, the populists do, who is going to keep voting for the same thing under a curtain of lies and deception? well you obviously. 

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 10, 2022, 08:39:32 AM
But the evidence says no they are not, the Westminster party is in big trouble is what they are being told.

WHAT EVIDENCE SHEEPY?

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 08:36:47 AM
I don't care if you think they are propaganda or not. YouGov which is run by the Tory rag the Times consistently has Labour with a 30pt lead. So if you want to know where the votes are going, the are going to Labour.

As I said Sheepy, when you are debating with people who have their head in the sand, what are you suppose to do? You will just have to be surprised come election time when the SNP not the Tories are the opposition. lol

But the evidence says no they are not, the Westminster party is in big trouble is what they are being told.

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on October 09, 2022, 11:05:04 PM
If the Tories lurch to the right they might get stronger approval from their existing hard-right voters and they might attract a few votes away from fringe right-wing parties but that won't compensate for the flood of centre-left Tory voters defecting to Labour, Lib Dem or just abstaining altogether.
At least we would then know what we were voting for because at present we are just electing different colours .

The Tories wont abandon the swamp of the centre ground though , we still await the Messiah ,the Tories are false prophets Union Flag

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 10, 2022, 08:29:44 AM
I have told you at least a thousand times polling is pure propaganda, all that counts is when the votes are counted. So where have they gone then?

I don't care if you think they are propaganda or not. YouGov which is run by the Tory rag the Times consistently has Labour with a 30pt lead. So if you want to know where the votes are going, the are going to Labour.

As I said Sheepy, when you are debating with people who have their head in the sand, what are you suppose to do? You will just have to be surprised come election time when the SNP not the Tories are the opposition. lol

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 10, 2022, 08:27:00 AM
Are you so partizan you refuse to accept polling and just accept By-elections pre Truss although the By-elections were Lib Dem gains from the Tory strongholds in any case?

We do know where the votes are going actually Sheepy. All polling suggests Labour has a 20-30pt lead right now. I think you and your closet Tory brothers on here are in for a shock in two years.

I have told you at least a thousand times polling is pure propaganda, all that counts is when the votes are counted. So where have they gone then?

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 10, 2022, 08:19:42 AM
Where are they going then Boycey? because Labour or the Lib Dems don't have them as was proved at every bi-election.

Are you so partizan you refuse to accept polling and just accept By-elections pre Truss although the By-elections were Lib Dem gains from the Tory strongholds in any case?

We do know where the votes are going actually Sheepy. All polling suggests Labour has a 20-30pt lead right now. I think you and your closet Tory brothers on here are in for a shock in two years.