For once a good news item.

Started by papasmurf, October 09, 2022, 11:03:36 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 10, 2022, 03:45:24 PM
Wouldn't be happening off the Kent coast the lifeboats there  are too busy picking up migrants and ferrying them into Folkstone .  People that get picked up are usually Iranian's , Iraqi's and Afgans .  Afgans in particular are seeing Cornwall as their prefered destination . Dont let them in the water though as they dont make very good sailors , apparently .

Cornwall is helping to resettle Afghan refugees and how you can get involved - Cornwall Live

Actually that "resettling Afghan refugees in Cornwall" is a kick in the teeth for the now many thousands of Cornish people looking for a home due to the overtourism, proliferation of AirBnBs, holiday lets and second homes.
Also there could be illegals being landed by the thousand in Cornwall there is nothing to stop them. (The Radar cover is poor once any vessel gets within a couple of miles of the shore.) There have been no coastguard patrols since the late 1980s due to cuts to staff.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 08:40:42 AM
Dogs getting rescued by the Lifeboat or the cliff rescue team is fairly common here. I have not bothered to do a check on which breeds of dog. (Dogs that get trapped in holes or fall down mineshafts are usually Jack Russells.)
Wouldn't be happening off the Kent coast the lifeboats there  are too busy picking up migrants and ferrying them into Folkstone .  People that get picked up are usually Iranian's , Iraqi's and Afgans .  Afgans in particular are seeing Cornwall as their prefered destination . Dont let them in the water though as they dont make very good sailors , apparently .

Cornwall is helping to resettle Afghan refugees and how you can get involved - Cornwall Live

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 08:40:42 AM(Dogs that get trapped in holes or fall down mineshafts are usually Jack Russells.)
They should leave the snappy little sods down there. ;)
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 09, 2022, 08:21:34 PM
Looked like a springer,I'd say check if it had a brain.....no need :D
Dogs getting rescued by the Lifeboat or the cliff rescue team is fairly common here. I have not bothered to do a check on which breeds of dog. (Dogs that get trapped in holes or fall down mineshafts are usually Jack Russells.)

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 09, 2022, 11:03:36 AM
Before going on the beach check the tide tables: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9aZkrIyZuI
Looked like a springer,I'd say check if it had a brain.....no need :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf