Hotel owner 'thought it was a joke' when Home Office asked him to house migrants

Started by papasmurf, October 10, 2022, 08:20:24 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on October 12, 2022, 01:07:19 PM
I never assumed you were one of the 10 percent hardliner anti non-White immigration, who voted Leave only because they were hardliner anti non-White immigration, that pushed Leave over the 50% mark.

And illegal immigration does need to be dealt with. But regaining sovereignty, blue passports, and extra customs clearance procedures isn't doing it, is it...?
There's an easy fix to this

It's crystal clear the issue is the huge numbers of lawyers making money from fighting the decisions of the government. Put a stop to them being funded until their client arrives in Rwanda. Better still deny all funding to immigration lawyers other than those actually in Rwanda. And make sure they can't claim travel costs to the UK in their fees.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2022, 04:24:54 PM
The only wave I would give to the disgusting type of tourist in the last two years is an Agincourt salute.
The local drivers who need a guide dog added to the tourist drivers who need a guide dog has made it very dangerous. It has been carnage on local roads.
It's not the tourists fault you can't hear their EV's
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on October 11, 2022, 11:45:03 PM
Sod all to do with colour of skin,I voted brexit because the political project is crap.

Illegal immigration does need to be dealt with.
I never assumed you were one of the 10 percent hardliner anti non-White immigration, who voted Leave only because they were hardliner anti non-White immigration, that pushed Leave over the 50% mark.

And illegal immigration does need to be dealt with. But regaining sovereignty, blue passports, and extra customs clearance procedures isn't doing it, is it...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nalaar

Quote from: Scott777 on October 11, 2022, 10:25:56 PM
New housing only helps UK poverty if the rate of migration does not outweigh the rate of building houses.

Incorrect, the rate of new house construction is not a primary factor in the rate of migration to the UK. 

We can expect the rate of migration to remain constant whether or not new housing and infrastructure are built, it is therefore a positive to build new housing and infrastructure independent of statistics on migration. 
Don't believe everything you think.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on October 11, 2022, 09:09:29 PM
I assumed nothing. I knew the majority of immigration wasn't European. It never had been.

Leaving the EU and with the idea it would chuck out the brown-faced foreigners like those in Farage's advert showed both the gullibility of some voters and and the dishonesty of the Leave campaign.
Nobody has ever suggested chucking anyone out posty nor as cromwell has said immigration being about skin colour . It was about open borders and control of them which we have through legal routes .

The illegal routes are still a problem that the government has failed to sort out . The Farage poster has been proved to be correct , the open borders of Europe allowing migrants to arrive on our doorstep unapposed . 

In or out of the EU makes f*** all difference...
Record unemployment figures out this week ,lowest for 50 years would rather suggest it has .

Nick

I assumed nothing. I knew the majority of immigration wasn't European. It never had been.

Leaving the EU and with the idea it would chuck out the brown-faced foreigners like those in Farage's advert showed both the gullibility of some voters and and the dishonesty of the Leave campaign.

And — guess what — there are still people with darker complexions arriving in the UK even though it's got its sovereignty back, together with supposed control of its borders. In or out of the EU makes f*** all difference...
Shame on you, that's all I can say. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

And — guess what — there are still people with darker complexions arriving in the UK even though it's got its sovereignty back, together with supposed control of its borders. In or out of the EU makes f*** all difference...
Sod all to do with colour of skin,I voted brexit because the political project is crap.

Illegal immigration does need to be dealt with.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Scott777

How do you know the vote for Brexit was to "chuck out the brown-faced foreigners"?  It sounds like you read the corporate media and were gullible enough to believe it.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Nalaar on October 11, 2022, 01:27:49 PM
Poverty and precarity are also both helped with investments in infrastructure and new housing.

New housing only helps UK poverty if the rate of migration does not outweigh the rate of building houses.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 11, 2022, 07:42:19 PM
You assume too much posty . However illegal and mass immigration was indeed as good a reason as any to vote Brexit . That the Tories have failed to deal with it having been given all the tools to do so will see them on the opposition benches in 24

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2022, 06:39:58 PM
Not emergency except of the Home Offices making. More and more hotels are being exclusively contracted for a year.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/news/2022/02/18/number-of-migrants-in-hotels-nearly-quadruples-in-one-year-to-just-under-40000-costing-taxpayers-1-7-billion-per-year
Someone somewhere has to compile a list of possible available accommodation. I guess business phone directories are a start. Hence an enquiry to the hotel.

Check out John Mappin — he's notorious enough to be known — I doubt the story is anything like he claimed...

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on October 11, 2022, 09:11:27 AM
It seems a shame that the main driver to getting the Brexit vote has turned out to be a complete fabrication...
You assume too much posty . However illegal and mass immigration was indeed as good a reason as any to vote Brexit . That the Tories have failed to deal with it having been given all the tools to do so will see them on the opposition benches in 24

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 08:20:24 PM
When I watched this on GB News Farage earlier, I had to look at the calendar to see if it was April the first. Cornwall has enough problems:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5wnVlAuJgQ
The whole story looks like the hotel owner has his own agenda to push.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/news/camelot-castle-hotel-owner-in-cornwall-claims-home-office-offered-him-1-million-to-use-it-for-asylum-seekers/ar-AA12PWf9

Someone may have been doing a ring-round searching out possible emergency accommodation, but the claims in the story sound more like an extension of John Mappin's own agenda than reality. Being picked up by (or peddled to GBNews) supports that view...

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2022, 06:17:01 PM
Would you be happier moving out somewhere else?
I would be happier if they were a lot less tourists and better behaved ones.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe