Hotel owner 'thought it was a joke' when Home Office asked him to house migrants

Started by papasmurf, October 10, 2022, 08:20:24 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2022, 06:14:11 PM
Nick the offer by the home office has been refused mainly because the Home Office wanted all the hotel staff sacked as condition of the contract.
The complaint from the tourism industry this year is too many tourists spending too little money.
Would you be happier moving out somewhere else? 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 11, 2022, 05:35:22 PM
Migrants with mold are apparently more desirable than tourists with pockets full of cash, or that is perceived from behind your lace curtains. 😉
Nick the offer by the home office has been refused mainly because the Home Office wanted all the hotel staff sacked as condition of the contract.
The complaint from the tourism industry this year is too many tourists spending too little money.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Barry on October 11, 2022, 04:56:30 PM
The SW approaches are wet and when it's not raining it is drizzling and when the sun comes out the black mould is still growing on the house ceilings. Better off in the middle of England, which is Royal Leamington Spa, more or less. They need more migrants there. Who wants migrants with black mould?
Migrants with mold are apparently more desirable than tourists with pockets full of cash, or that is perceived from behind your lace curtains. 😉 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on October 11, 2022, 01:02:20 PM
In that case, there should be some property going cheap.

To be honest, I have never been overly fond of Cornwall which always struck me as a giant Old Folks Home with terrible roads, but if there is property going cheap it might be worth a look.
The SW approaches are wet and when it's not raining it is drizzling and when the sun comes out the black mould is still growing on the house ceilings. Better off in the middle of England, which is Royal Leamington Spa, more or less. They need more migrants there. Who wants migrants with black mould?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 11, 2022, 04:42:33 PM
but do you agree that their should be more housing and development of infrastructure, to help local people, rather than the view you expressed earlier in the thread - that immigrants "should be shipped back to Albania"?
The current crop of people crossing the channel in flimsy rubber boats are from Albania and are self confessedly mainly part of Albanian organised crime.

https://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/news/albanian-people-smuggling-network-who-shipped-migrants-to-the-uk-from-spain-dismantled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X06tJGQOCCw

Nalaar

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2022, 01:55:39 PM
Not where I live no sign of either, and with Tory MPs and a Tory council there won't until after the next general election.

but do you agree that their should be more housing and development of infrastructure, to help local people, rather than the view you expressed earlier in the thread - that immigrants "should be shipped back to Albania"?
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 11, 2022, 04:37:10 PM
Like the Welsh, 'don't bother coming, just send your money'.
The damage tourists have done in the last two years has cost residents money in clean up costs.

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on October 11, 2022, 04:12:43 PM
My apologies Pappy. I was only kidding.

Now tell us about how you and your mates spent last summer waving to the tourists and trying to make their stay as welcome as possible because Cornwall needs their cash.
Like the Welsh, 'don't bother coming, just send your money'. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 11, 2022, 04:12:43 PM

Now tell us about how you and your mates spent last summer waving to the tourists and trying to make their stay as welcome as possible because Cornwall needs their cash.
The only wave I would give to the disgusting type of tourist in the last two years is an Agincourt salute.
The local drivers who need a guide dog added to the tourist drivers who need a guide dog has made it very dangerous. It has been carnage on local roads.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2022, 03:36:53 PM
Borchester STOP telling lies about me.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 11, 2022, 02:25:31 PM
They are helped even by folk who help themselves.

The Pappies of this world love failure. It takes away the need to do anything with their lives

Borchester STOP telling lies about me. 

Borchester

Quote from: Nalaar on October 11, 2022, 01:27:49 PM
Poverty and precarity are also both helped with investments in infrastructure and new housing.

They are helped even by folk who help themselves.

The Pappies of this world love failure. It takes away the need to do anything with their lives

UNDERSHAFT [cold and sardonic] Have you ever been in love with Poverty, like St Francis? Have you ever been in love with Dirt, like St Simeon? Have you ever been in love with disease and suffering, like our nurses and philanthropists? Such passions are not virtues, but the most unnatural of all the vices. This love of the common people may please an earl's granddaughter and a university professor; but I have been a common man and a poor man; and it has no romance for me. Leave it to the poor to pretend that poverty is a blessing: leave it to the coward to make a religion of his cowardice by preaching humility: we know better than that. We three must stand together above the common people: how else can we help their children to climb up beside us? Barbara must belong to us, not to the Salvation Army. 

Major Barbara G B Shaw 1905
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 11, 2022, 01:27:49 PM
Poverty and precarity are also both helped with investments in infrastructure and new housing.
Not where I live no sign of either, and with Tory MPs and a Tory council there won't until after the next general election.

Nalaar

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2022, 12:34:12 PM
Nalaar the majority of the local population are in poverty or precarity.

Poverty and precarity are also both helped with investments in infrastructure and new housing. 
Don't believe everything you think.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2022, 12:34:12 PM
Nalaar the majority of the local population are in poverty or precarity.

In that case, there should be some property going cheap.

To be honest, I have never been overly fond of Cornwall which always struck me as a giant Old Folks Home with terrible roads, but if there is property going cheap it might be worth a look.
Algerie Francais !