Hotel owner 'thought it was a joke' when Home Office asked him to house migrants

Started by papasmurf, October 10, 2022, 08:20:24 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 11, 2022, 12:32:26 PM
Seems like a good opportunity for both government and private citizens to invest in property and infrastructure building to cater for the current and future population of Cornwall.
Nalaar the majority of the local population are in poverty or precarity. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nalaar

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2022, 09:46:22 AM
Naalar, the housing crisis in Cornwall is now so bad there is nowhere left for local people to rent. As most if the illegal immigrants are now Albanian they should be shipped back to Albania.

Seems like a good opportunity for both government and private citizens to invest in property and infrastructure building to cater for the current and future population of Cornwall. 
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 11, 2022, 09:51:09 AM
What do you expect,the tories aren't going to house them in the shires are they shove them anywhere but there.

I remember visiting in the ox and bucks area not many years ago and the locals Tory to a man and woman livid at a proposed asylum seekers centre,one declared "why can't they send them up north" and they did and now you're living with it.
There has been a suitable centre in Oxfordshire  for a long time. Why the government does not use it is frankly a mystery.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2022, 11:02:39 PM
The main boulevard through Southport was used to model the Champs Elysees by Napoleon the Third such is it beauty, yet one of the old classic hotels on it is riddled with asylum seekers. The elderly are scared to walk passed it as they stand at the front smoking and intimidating people.
What do you expect,the tories aren't going to house them in the shires are they shove them anywhere but there.

I remember visiting in the ox and bucks area not many years ago and the locals Tory to a man and woman livid at a proposed asylum seekers centre,one declared "why can't they send them up north" and they did and now you're living with it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 11, 2022, 09:30:30 AM
Where do you think these persons be housed if not Cornwall?
Naalar, the housing crisis in Cornwall is now so bad there is nowhere left for local people to rent. As most if the illegal immigrants are now Albanian they should be shipped back to Albania.

Nalaar

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 08:20:24 PM
When I watched this on GB News Farage earlier, I had to look at the calendar to see if it was April the first. Cornwall has enough problems:-

Where do you think these persons be housed if not Cornwall?
Don't believe everything you think.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 11, 2022, 05:55:18 AM
Happening all over the place for years gmseed - Illegal immigrants in Hotels - A Trackrecord  . The governments failure to halt illegal crossings of the channel has only made the use of hotels nationwide an inevitable consequence

That they are now even asking top end Hotels to chip in a few rooms  makes you wonder exactly how many rooms the home office needs
It seems a shame that the main driver to getting the Brexit vote has turned out to be a complete fabrication...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 11, 2022, 05:55:18 AM
Happening all over the place for years gmseed - Illegal immigrants in Hotels - A Trackrecord  . The governments failure to halt illegal crossings of the channel has only made the use of hotels nationwide an inevitable consequence

That they are now even asking top end Hotels to chip in a few rooms  makes you wonder exactly how many rooms the home office needs
In this case the government via a contractor wanted to rent the entire hotel for a year and sack all the current staff.

(The prices for the hotel start at £265.50 per room per night.)

Streetwalker

Happening all over the place for years gmseed - Illegal immigrants in Hotels - A Trackrecord  . The governments failure to halt illegal crossings of the channel has only made the use of hotels nationwide an inevitable consequence 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 10, 2022, 08:20:24 PM
When I watched this on GB News Farage earlier, I had to look at the calendar to see if it was April the first. Cornwall has enough problems:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5wnVlAuJgQ
The main boulevard through Southport was used to model the Champs Elysees by Napoleon the Third such is it beauty, yet one of the old classic hotels on it is riddled with asylum seekers. The elderly are scared to walk passed it as they stand at the front smoking and intimidating people. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5wnVlAuJgQ