Who do you think will win the next general election?

Started by srb7677, October 11, 2022, 07:47:50 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on October 11, 2022, 08:58:05 AM
I suspect you are right.
Im genuinely not that bothered who gets in. If the Tories sort this mess out and stay in nothing will change, and if Labour get in the country will see what a dogs arse they create, not having an economy built by the Tories for them to destroy. Nothing they do will affect me either. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on October 11, 2022, 08:40:58 AM
Not a hope in hell of her lasting 2 years. She is the political equivalent of sawdust.
If the polling remains this bad, they will start panicking and get rid of her.

In the meantime she also faces a large awkward squad of more middle of the road MPs, who think her agenda - which is so different from Johnson's that she has no mandate for it - is so damaging to their party that the best way for them to minimise the electoral damage is to vote against their own government in parliament. Yet this itself will increasingly hole Truss below the waterline.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 11, 2022, 08:31:11 AM
If Truss stays in place labour will walk it.
Not a hope in hell of her lasting 2 years. She is the political equivalent of sawdust. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Personally, I think that it will be a coalition with Labour the largest party however much Starmer states it won't be.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Please note that this poll is asking what you think will happen and not what you want to happen.

Currently polling seems to be signposting a landslide victory for Labour. If you think the Tories will still win, the reasons why you think this - what is likely to happen to turn the polling around - would be interesting. Or perhaps you think the polling itself is wildly inaccurate? If so your reasoning on that will be interesting too.