Who do you think will win the next general election?

Started by srb7677, October 11, 2022, 07:47:50 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on October 11, 2022, 12:57:03 PM
My pensions take me over the tax threshold, so I pay income tax and in consequence will benefit from Ms Truss' largesse. And if inflation increases then so will the fees I charge for my various sidelines. Since they are paid in cash and therefore tax free, I am winning,

I don't know what your line of country is Boysie, but you seem to live in a world where if the government puts a penny on the income tax then that means another slice of bread and dripping off the Christmas dinner.That is not mine.

Do you know what my major expense has been over the last three decades?

Education.

Successive governments have plundered the public purse and shovelled it into the bottomless pit of financial incompetence of our education system and it is a f**king disgrace. So my children and grandchildren were and are privately educated. That cost me tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of pounds over the years. And now only the youngest granddaughter remains in the system and as a result there is a few bob silting up in my bank account
Good on ya Mr B, but the bottom line is these blood thirsty lefties want to squeeze you until you're in the same sorry state as they are. They never consider climbing up the tree to join you, their only mission is to see you down where they are. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 11, 2022, 11:59:41 AM
I hope you are just as easily pleased when Labour are in power and sort out the Tories mess Borky. You may even be better off. But in any case, I would say the tax cut is in fact a tax rise given inflation has wiped it out. And I don't know why, but I assumed you were retired so I am wondering why a penny of income tax matters to you at all. I would have thought your declining pension would be a bigger factor in whether you are pleased or not.
Labour couldn't sort out an economy if their life depended on it. 
I suggest you look at history where they have nose dived the economy on every occasion. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 11, 2022, 12:57:03 PM
My pensions take me over the tax threshold, so I pay income tax and in consequence will benefit from Ms Truss' largesse.
Join the club. However, without the tax allowance being raised it will not help me at all.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on October 11, 2022, 11:59:41 AM
I hope you are just as easily pleased when Labour are in power and sort out the Tories mess Borky. You may even be better off. But in any case, I would say the tax cut is in fact a tax rise given inflation has wiped it out. And I don't know why, but I assumed you were retired so I am wondering why a penny off income tax matters to you at all. I would have thought your declining pension would be a bigger factor in whether you are pleased or not.

My pensions take me over the tax threshold, so I pay income tax and in consequence will benefit from Ms Truss' largesse. And if inflation increases then so will the fees I charge for my various sidelines. Since they are paid in cash and therefore tax free, I am winning,

I don't know what your line of country is Boysie, but you seem to live in a world where if the government puts a penny on the income tax then that means another slice of bread and dripping off the Christmas dinner.That is not mine.

Do you know what my major expense has been over the last three decades?

Education.

Successive governments have plundered the public purse and shovelled it into the bottomless pit of financial incompetence of our education system and it is a fucking disgrace. So my children and grandchildren were and are privately educated. That cost me tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of pounds over the years. And now only the youngest granddaughter remains in the system and as a result there is a few bob silting up in my bank account
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 11, 2022, 11:55:27 AM
I am easily pleased.

And inflation doesn't bother me as my expenditure is actually falling. 
Are you self-sufficient when it comes to food, and electricity?

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on October 11, 2022, 11:55:27 AM
I am easily pleased.

And inflation doesn't bother me as my expenditure is actually falling. But as I have said before, if anyone doesn't want their tax cut they can always send the money to me.

I hope you are just as easily pleased when Labour are in power and sort out the Tories mess Borky. You may even be better off. But in any case, I would say the tax cut is in fact a tax rise given inflation has wiped it out. And I don't know why, but I assumed you were retired so I am wondering why a penny off income tax matters to you at all. I would have thought your declining pension would be a bigger factor in whether you are pleased or not.

Borchester

Quote from: B0ycey on October 11, 2022, 11:42:27 AM
Lowered taxes for who? A penny off income tax when inflation is double digits. Hardly a bonanza!

Also, if the cost of tax cuts is lower public services (Austerity) that is about as popular as sandpaper bog roll. It seems people prefer high taxes and great services which I guess is why the Scandinavians are the happiest people on the planet.

I am easily pleased.

And inflation doesn't bother me as my expenditure is actually falling. But as I have said before, if anyone doesn't want their tax cut they can always send the money to me.
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on October 11, 2022, 10:14:57 AMTruss has lowered taxes and the electorate hate her guts for doing so. We appear to be in a period of electoral insanity.
Lowered taxes for who? A penny off income tax when inflation is double digits. Hardly a bonanza!

Also, if the cost of tax cuts is lower public services (Austerity) that is about as popular as sandpaper bog roll. It seems people prefer high taxes and great services which I guess is why the Scandinavians are the happiest people on the planet.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on October 11, 2022, 11:16:18 AM
Only myself and one other user think Labour landslide?  Whatever!

At this moment in time it isn't even wishful thinking. We haven't even had the full cost of living crisis yet 
Quite, and if benefits are not raised by inflation, a lot of Tories in marginal seats will be out of office at the next general election.

B0ycey

Quote from: srb7677 on October 11, 2022, 08:57:00 AM
If the polling remains this bad, they will start panicking and get rid of her.
I don't see them getting rid of her Steve. They should but it is bad optics. At this moment in time it is whether you think it is better to stay on a sinking ship or jump in the shark infested water. You know you are fucked either way but you last a little longer on the ship. It maybe that Sunak could somehow turn the ship around but you are asking a lot here. Is he so good he can turn around 12 years of F@@@ ups? I doubt it. 

B0ycey

Only myself and one other user think Labour landslide?  Whatever!

At this moment in time it isn't even wishful thinking. We haven't even had the full cost of living crisis yet and people are saying things are bad as they are. Who do you think the electorate will blame here? And what is worse, most of the blame is actually down to Tory policy here which won't help them. A better poll would be who do you think the opposition will be in two years time. The Tories or the SNP? At this moment in time I would say the SNP. It certainly will be if Trussonomics causes a recession when the Dizzy promised HIGH GROWTH!

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2022, 09:40:00 AM
If the Conservative Westminster Party decide to try to oust Truss the Conservative Party Members will go ballistic and the only way it will work is if she is persuaded to resign. What they can't afford is another long election process which suggests that they organise a single candidate in the same way as Theresa May. What won't work with the members is if Sunak is foisted on to them and at present that seems to be the alternative as far as MPs are concerned.

There might be a movement to try and change the election process for the future but again it would take too long. I don't think they will win the next GE much as I dread the insanity of the Labour squad, but we have a whole generation who haven't experienced their inadequacy so it is time for them to learn that lesson.
Bear in mind that if there was another leadership contest Boris could put him self forward and down to the last 2 he would be a shoe in with the members. 

Borchester

https://www.politico.eu/europe-poll-of-polls/united-kingdom/

No idea.

According to these guys, the Labour lead is 24%, which is nearly as much as the expected Tory vote.

Truss has lowered taxes and the electorate hate her guts for doing so. We appear to be in a period of electoral insanity.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 11, 2022, 09:33:15 AMIf the Tories sort this mess out 
I will see Elvis flying a pig before that happens.

T00ts

If the Conservative Westminster Party decide to try to oust Truss the Conservative Party Members will go ballistic and the only way it will work is if she is persuaded to resign. What they can't afford is another long election process which suggests that they organise a single candidate in the same way as Theresa May. What won't work with the members is if Sunak is foisted on to them and at present that seems to be the alternative as far as MPs are concerned.

There might be a movement to try and change the election process for the future but again it would take too long. I don't think they will win the next GE much as I dread the insanity of the Labour squad, but we have a whole generation who haven't experienced their inadequacy so it is time for them to learn that lesson.