Who do you think will win the next general election?

Started by srb7677, October 11, 2022, 07:47:50 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Baff on October 29, 2022, 09:01:27 PM
Lot's of nice windmills.
And batteries to store the energy produced when the wind blows (and from solar power). Batteries are already being incorporated into the power grid in the US.
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=34432

And in the UK, batteries for the national grid and domestic installations are being tried...
https://www.ft.com/content/a9f30a9d-f179-48ae-a430-f41422e72da3
https://www.cse.org.uk/advice/renewable-energy/battery-storage
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 30, 2022, 11:19:13 AM
Did I say it was?
You were talking about this governments current term in office so I'm guessing the 12 years is relevant. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: srb7677 on October 11, 2022, 07:47:50 AM
Please note that this poll is asking what you think will happen and not what you want to happen.

Currently polling seems to be signposting a landslide victory for Labour. If you think the Tories will still win, the reasons why you think this - what is likely to happen to turn the polling around - would be interesting. Or perhaps you think the polling itself is wildly inaccurate? If so your reasoning on that will be interesting too.
Your poll leaves out one important factor, that is a date for the election. If the Tories hang on until near to when the election is due, it could mean they feel they're gaining support. If they're forced into an election, before, it's almost definitely a defeat.

However, if by some strange quirk, polls show voters appear to be swinging behind the Tories and believing they're dealing with all the problems affecting people and the UK, an early election could be called and the Tories could stay in power...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 29, 2022, 07:49:42 PM
12 years? Show me this 12 years where the economy wasn't going up except since Covid?
Explain what you mean by the economy "going up" and maybe I'll be able to help you...

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on October 30, 2022, 10:59:51 AM
Oh God, the Tories have stolen all the wind and given it to all their mates in the capitalist boss class!
More missives from your favourite planet.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on October 29, 2022, 09:40:55 PM
In your mind

which don't turn without the wind.

Oh God, the Tories have stolen all the wind and given it to all their mates in the capitalist boss class!
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 29, 2022, 08:09:47 PM
Have you come to any conclusion about the utilities sell off?
Was that in the last 12 years?

cromwell

Baff

Quote from: cromwell on October 29, 2022, 07:10:02 PM

You didn't read my post,in twelve years what steps were taken to secure our energy supply,

Lot's of nice windmills.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 29, 2022, 07:49:42 PM
12 years? Show me this 12 years where the economy wasn't going up except since Covid?
Have you come to any conclusion about the utilities sell off?

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 29, 2022, 07:15:54 PM
You're correct. It's just like when Major and Hague were in situ — little beneficial to the U.K. could be achieved because of the arguing over the EU.

The referendum is done, and the U.K. is out of the EU — but there's still arguing over and with the EU.

There's been 12 years to get the economy and trade sorted and despite Covid and Ukraine, which are also affecting other countries.

What did the U.K. get? May, Johnson and Truss — head girl with no imagination, a buffoon, and an automaton programmed with Right Wing party speak that the Blue Rinses quite liked.

The country deserved better, and it's either going to get it, or it's going to vote in an alternative...

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on October 29, 2022, 05:44:42 PM
For gods sake tories burying their heads in the sand,it has been a catastrophe yet we had people on here defending  the cerebrally vacant Truss.

Laughing at the idea of GB energy and what have we seen now bulb been bailed out estimated cost over two billion pounds and the claim it being given to Octopus but onlyif they get  over a billion pounds a saving to the taxpayer.

The comedy club has nowt on them we pay billions because Thatcher flogged off the utilities are paying over the odds because of an abject failure to secure our energy and the claim is they're saving the taxpayer..

Twelve years to sort it and you slag labour off.
You're correct. It's just like when Major and Hague were in situ — little beneficial to the U.K. could be achieved because of the arguing over the EU.

The referendum is done, and the U.K. is out of the EU — but there's still arguing over and with the EU.

There's been 12 years to get the economy and trade sorted and despite Covid and Ukraine, which are also affecting other countries.

What did the U.K. get? May, Johnson and Truss — head girl with no imagination, a buffoon, and an automaton programmed with Right Wing party speak that the Blue Rinses quite liked.

The country deserved better, and it's either going to get it, or it's going to vote in an alternative...

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 29, 2022, 06:40:37 PM
Sorry but I don't know of anyone on here who thought Truss was the right person for the gig,
Really try looking again

Octopus had acquired Bulb, I've had an email telling me so. 
I got an email from a bloke in Nigeria telling me he wanted to share his multimillions with me.

They haven't acquired it they've been paid over a billion of our money to take it on,are you having a laugh? Doyouthink looking at this the sale of utilities was a success.

Quote12 years? What you talking about? Up until covid the economy was flying and debt coming down. Covid a Special Operation has put paid to that, Truss just caused a blip, which we have now virtually recovered from. So where's this 12 years disaster coming from? Are you telling me you voted Tory in 2019 for a government you KNEW we're destroying the country? NO you didn't so don't come with this 12 years nonsense. 

You didn't read my post,in twelve years what steps were taken to secure our energy supply,you were the one who claimed the economy was disastrous then claimed under labour it would've been catastrophic go on to make excuses but slag Brown off for less.

I lent the tories my vote to secure brexit only.

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on October 29, 2022, 07:03:40 PM
Oh God Nick, you don't think Sunak is bonking Edwina Curry do you ? :)
No I'm referring to Sir Beer Korma, you're referring to the 2 girls called Samantha and Ella. (Sam and Ella) 😜