NUM Mk 2

Started by Nick, October 13, 2022, 01:28:18 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on October 14, 2022, 08:59:32 AM
Meh, the Royal Mail is still in profit and they hired like crazy when everyone was stuck at home. It is an easy blame to say this is down to strikes. I suspect it was going to happen anyway.
The Royal Mail needs modernising, but that is the fault of the management not the workforce.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 14, 2022, 08:39:50 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/royal-mail-to-cut-up-to-10-000-jobs-as-losses-mount-amid-strike-action/ar-AA12W809?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3b8529a0a046469d8d847516e7831112
Anyway, I will leave you with these thoughts.
Meh, the Royal Mail is still in profit and they hired like crazy when everyone was stuck at home. It is an easy blame to say this is down to strikes. I suspect it was going to happen anyway.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 14, 2022, 08:36:16 AM
You think? my guess is they will end up, just like every other time, begging the Westminster party for a few crumbs. When they actually create more poverty for themselves. But then I might be wrong this time and they will fix everything, but I doubt it by past events.

I do think Sheepy. I remember the Poll Tax. 

The reality was in the UK the poor by and large used to have enough to get by. Then their benefits didn't match the cost of living and the fix was food banks which worked well for a decade or so. Today it is different. We are not talking about the poor struggling but people who work and on low income. That is the majority of people in the UK. A lot of people have mortgages and their repayments have shot up. The Tories can't fix that given it was their action which caused the problem to begin with. And those people will blame the government and demand fairness in both pay and taxation. So the government will either have to do that or move over. The idea people are going to accept Singapore on the Thames when the vital services they rely on are on the line is fantasy. 

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 14, 2022, 08:27:04 AM
The thing is Sheepy, I think the Left Wing Commies are going to win. And when I mean Left Wing Commies I am really saying proletariat or as you might call them, the working class. Since the cost of living crisis... and it may have been before then, people seem to be prioritising what is important to them and not that bothered if the system of how the people in ivory towers stay there remains in place. Dizzy Lizzy gives the rich tax cuts, cooperation tax rebates and cuts services and everyone is in uproar over it. The truth is we haven't even seen the true extent of what is coming yet and people are already saying they are struggling. Every revolution that ever has taken place starts with hardship for the poor first. I'm not saying people are going to storm Westminster soon. But they aren't going to take crumbs whilst others dine out that is for sure.

You think? my guess is they will end up, just like every other time, begging the Westminster party for a few crumbs. When they actually create more poverty for themselves. But then I might be wrong this time and they will fix everything, but I doubt it by past events.

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on October 14, 2022, 08:27:04 AMI think the Left Wing Commies are going to win. 
I get (expletive deleted,) annoyed by such comments.  There are not enough communists in Britain to fill up a village hall.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 14, 2022, 08:06:04 AM
The Royal Mail has been thrown to the global corporations now they are eating it up bit by bit which pleases Nick as he sees it as another chance of a Tory victory, over the Left wing commies.

The thing is Sheepy, I think the Left Wing Commies are going to win. And when I mean Left Wing Commies I am really saying proletariat or as you might call them, the working class. Since the cost of living crisis... and it may have been before then, people seem to be prioritising what is important to them and not that bothered if the system of how the people in ivory towers stay there remains in place. Dizzy Lizzy gives the rich tax cuts, cooperation tax rebates and cuts services and everyone is in uproar over it. The truth is we haven't even seen the true extent of what is coming yet and people are already saying they are struggling. Every revolution that ever has taken place starts with hardship for the poor first. I'm not saying people are going to storm Westminster soon. But they aren't going to take crumbs whilst others dine out that is for sure.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 14, 2022, 07:21:11 AM
I had to laugh given you are perhaps more abusive than me. Although unless you think anal dildos are abusive I really don't get why you feel you need to comment anyway. The best part of this forum is that everyone winds each other up. Just because you're the forum owner I still won't treat you any differently to how basically everyone else treats Pappy because otherwise the forum dies and becomes a Tory love fest.

As for Royal Mail, it is the same people who deliver your letters that deliver your parcels. Those same people are going on strike and have no fear of losing their job as their service is vital. The Royal Mail can't ditch letters anyway. It was part of the terms of privatisation. So no Nick, the guys who are picketing are doing the right thing. They have taken Jake Berry's advice and going out there to get that better paid job.

The Royal Mail has been thrown to the global corporations now they are eating it up bit by bit which pleases Nick as he sees it as another chance of a Tory victory, over the Left wing commies.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 13, 2022, 10:25:07 PM
Firstly, I've not insulted you so why the dildo comment?, maybe along with your continued foul mouth it's due to your lack of intelligence...

In the usual B0ycey 'I'm an accountant' can't count to ten fashion you jump in with both feet. I believe RM and RM parcel are now separate companies as one was not profitable. They ditched the less profitable side I think and now make profit on the other.

@@@@@

As a note, on this forum we have posters that tell everyone they're talking rubbish, demand proof then report every response to their posts as abuse. We have alleged conspiracy theorists, we have those that enjoy winding others up. I know you think it's funny but we don't want anyone who is abusive because that's all they've got.

Let's keep it respectful then I don't have to respond in this manner.
I had to laugh given you are perhaps more abusive than me. Although unless you think anal dildos are abusive I really don't get why you feel you need to comment anyway. The best part of this forum is that everyone winds each other up. Just because you're the forum owner I still won't treat you any differently to how basically everyone else treats Pappy because otherwise the forum dies and becomes a Tory love fest.

As for Royal Mail, it is the same people who deliver your letters that deliver your parcels. Those same people are going on strike and have no fear of losing their job as their service is vital. The Royal Mail can't ditch letters anyway. It was part of the terms of privatisation. So no Nick, the guys who are picketing are doing the right thing. They have taken Jake Berry's advice and going out there to get that better paid job.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 13, 2022, 08:50:10 PM
If you hadn't noticed Nick, buying online happens to be big business. Royal Mail profits were up 21% this year. Who do you think is delivering your electric anal dildos Special Delivery this Christmas? That's right, the guys who are picketing for that better paid job Jake Berry asked them to go out and get. They don't need to worry about losing their job. Online delivery isn't going anywhere.
Firstly, I've not insulted you so why the dildo comment?, maybe along with your continued foul mouth it's due to your lack of intelligence...

In the usual B0ycey 'I'm an accountant' can't count to ten fashion you jump in with both feet. I believe RM and RM parcel are now separate companies as one was not profitable. They ditched the less profitable side I think and now make profit on the other.

@@@@@

As a note, on this forum we have posters that tell everyone they're talking rubbish, demand proof then report every response to their posts as abuse. We have alleged conspiracy theorists, we have those that enjoy winding others up. I know you think it's funny but we don't want anyone who is abusive because that's all they've got.

Let's keep it respectful then I don't have to respond in this manner. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on October 13, 2022, 04:41:52 PM
If I could walk a few miles a day in my shorts and get paid for it I'd keep my head down as long as possible.

It isn't as simple as that, for Labour it is about them getting power, for most people they are fearing for their way of life, as global politics is closing in on them. We call it the magic roundabout once you get on board there is no way off.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 13, 2022, 06:04:26 PM
And force the closure of the RM. Driven by the people who have 30 years in and are nearing retirement so they can get redundancy and potter around for a couple of years before drawing their final salary pension. Meanwhile the rest of them pick up a couple of grand and have no job.
If you hadn't noticed Nick, buying online happens to be big business. Royal Mail profits were up 21% this year. Who do you think is delivering your electric anal dildos Special Delivery this Christmas? That's right, the guys who are picketing for that better paid job Jake Berry asked them to go out and get. They don't need to worry about losing their job. Online delivery isn't going anywhere.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 13, 2022, 06:04:26 PM
And force the closure of the RM. Driven by the people who have 30 years in and are nearing retirement so they can get redundancy and potter around for a couple of years before drawing their final salary pension. Meanwhile the rest of them pick up a couple of grand and have no job.
You claim that people are so idle and don't want to work and when they do and expect a reasonable return for their efforts you complain again.

Why aren't  they entitled to a reasonable return for their labour, that the chief execs of these enterprises always make sure they are paid far in excess of their worth not a word from you.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 13, 2022, 05:40:50 PM
The employees of the Royal Mail are merely taking the advice of Jake Berry who said that we all should "Go out there and get that better paid job". No point changing a role you have been trained to do and lose the protections their contracts ensue. The best way to get better wages is to strike for it and ask for inflation matching pay.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

The employees of the Royal Mail are merely taking the advice of Jake Berry who said that we all should "Go out there and get that better paid job". No point changing a role you have been trained to do and lose the protections their contracts ensue. The best way to get better wages is to strike for it and ask for inflation matching pay.