NUM Mk 2

Started by Nick, October 13, 2022, 01:28:18 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: B0ycey on October 14, 2022, 10:57:32 AMThe idea claimants are buying new TV with their £70 a week is someone clutching straws.
Quite. Total spherical objects. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on October 14, 2022, 10:52:15 AM
Smurfy is right though,people cannot function or interact with agencies without a phone.

Cable tv like sky and 50" tv's is a diversion.
Indeed. The Internet has to be classed as essential today. And the Phone is the cheapest device that can access that. TV on the other hand is perhaps not essential. Although it is something everyone has and isn't something you upgrade often unless you can afford to do so. The idea claimants are buying new TV with their £70 a week is someone clutching straws.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 14, 2022, 10:52:15 AM
Smurfy is right though,people cannot function or interact with agencies without a phone.

Cable tv like sky and 50" tv's is a diversion. It is also Tory/Daily Mail propaganda. (Disgusting propaganda in the current crisis.)

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 14, 2022, 10:16:41 AM
Struggling because phone contract and cable TV are seen as essential items.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on October 14, 2022, 10:40:41 AM
It's modernisation that's causing the trouble. The demand for letter deliverers is becoming as low as for wheelwrights , as other means of written communication become quicker and free.

It's package and parcel deliveries that's driving up profits, and investment is being made in that side — plus more staff are being taken on.

But there is intense competition in the sector from other delivery and courier services, and the group cannot depend on its convenience and good reputation to justify higher prices to customers.

So why should shareholders — who, after all, rent out their money instead of their labour — be expected to subsidise a shrinking letter delivery business to keep paying people in unnecessary jobs...?
They will have to subsidise given it is part of the terms of Privatisation Posty and they should have researched that before buying shares. The government will do what it always does anyway. Increase the price of a first class stamp. And one day, like with everything, letters will be obsolete and then the business will focus on its parcel business or whatever else comes thereafter the same way BT is no longer focused in Landlines telecommunications but the Internet and Mobile Phones. Nonetheless whatever way you look at it, the guys who are picketing are merely asking for fair pay and everyone should be doing the same. Jake Berry said we ALL should be going out their to get that better paid job and what better way to do that than go on strike?

papasmurf

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on October 14, 2022, 09:12:25 AM
Indeed. Perhaps they should use the 700m+ profits they achieved last year into pay and modernisation rather than dividends.
It's modernisation that's causing the trouble. The demand for letter deliverers is becoming as low as for wheelwrights , as other means of written communication become quicker and free.

It's package and parcel deliveries that's driving up profits, and investment is being made in that side — plus more staff are being taken on.

But there is intense competition in the sector from other delivery and courier services, and the group cannot depend on its convenience and good reputation to justify higher prices to customers.

So why should shareholders — who, after all, rent out their money instead of their labour — be expected to subsidise a shrinking letter delivery business to keep paying people in unnecessary jobs...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 14, 2022, 10:16:41 AM
More propaganda from Tory HQ.  You may have missed but the government now administers a wide range of functions with the electorate using "digital by default." (If you are trying claim benefit and can't afford a mobile phone JobCentre Plus/DWP issues them as they as part of the claimant commitment require claimants are contactable 24/7/365.
As for cable TV outside of highly populated areas it does not exist in Britain.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 14, 2022, 10:26:00 AM
Really!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63253687

Voluntary Redundancy. I guess though who are set to retire. The other guys, taking Jake Berry's advice. Getting that better paid job.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 14, 2022, 07:21:11 AM
I had to laugh given you are perhaps more abusive than me. Although unless you think anal dildos are abusive I really don't get why you feel you need to comment anyway. The best part of this forum is that everyone winds each other up. Just because you're the forum owner I still won't treat you any differently to how basically everyone else treats Pappy because otherwise the forum dies and becomes a Tory love fest.

As for Royal Mail, it is the same people who deliver your letters that deliver your parcels. [highlight]Those same people are going on strike and have no fear of losing their job as their service is vital.[/highlight] The Royal Mail can't ditch letters anyway. It was part of the terms of privatisation. So no Nick, the guys who are picketing are doing the right thing. They have taken Jake Berry's advice and going out there to get that better paid job.
Really!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63253687
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 14, 2022, 08:57:50 AM
I do think Sheepy. I remember the Poll Tax.

The reality was in the UK the poor by and large used to have enough to get by. Then their benefits didn't match the cost of living and the fix was food banks which worked well for a decade or so. Today it is different. We are not talking about the poor struggling but people who work and on low income. That is the majority of people in the UK. A lot of people have mortgages and their repayments have shot up. The Tories can't fix that given it was their action which caused the problem to begin with. And those people will blame the government and demand fairness in both pay and taxation. So the government will either have to do that or move over. The idea people are going to accept Singapore on the Thames when the vital services they rely on are on the line is fantasy.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on October 14, 2022, 10:05:31 AM
Interesting that Royal Mail's parent company shares the same initials as your pet Tory hate figure...
Which one, the list is long.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 14, 2022, 09:00:56 AM
The Royal Mail needs modernising, but that is the fault of the management not the workforce.
Interesting that Royal Mail's parent company shares the same initials as your pet Tory hate figure...

B0ycey

Quote from: papasmurf on October 14, 2022, 09:00:56 AM
The Royal Mail needs modernising, but that is the fault of the management not the workforce.
Indeed. Perhaps they should use the 700m+ profits they achieved last year into pay and modernisation rather than dividends.