Kwasi Kwarteng is no longer chancellor, the BBC understands.

Started by papasmurf, October 14, 2022, 12:32:18 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on October 19, 2022, 10:19:48 PM
I nearly posted it there. A mod could move it, but it might be a conspiracy fact.
To put out the idea that our government is secretly under the control of Brussels remains a conspiracy theory without solid evidence.

And sounds a bit like the ravings of a Europhobic extremist. You are usually more solidly grounded than that, so I do question how much you actually believe this. Methinks you are just mischievously flying a kite for the sake of being controversial and triggering interesting discussions. lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on October 19, 2022, 10:16:08 PM
To be honest I think this post deserves to be in Area 51, graveyard for conspiracy theories.
I nearly posted it there. A mod could move it, but it might be a conspiracy fact.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on October 19, 2022, 10:11:41 PM
There's a couple of things that smell a bit.

1. Jeremy Hunt returned from "holiday" in Brussels on the day that KK was fired.

2. There is legislation currently going through Parliament:
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/northern-ireland-protocol-bill#:~:text=The%20Northern%20Ireland%20Protocol%20Bill%20was%20introduced%20in%20Parliament%20on,Belfast%20(Good%20Friday)%20Agreement.

When this receives royal assent it will emasculate the EU over the N.I. protocol and the EU do not want it to become law.
Liz Truss is adamant it proceeds.
https://bills.parliament.uk/bills/3182

I don't think these matters are coincidences. How much sway does Brussels have over our government?
To be honest I think this post deserves to be in Area 51, graveyard for conspiracy theories.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

There's a couple of things that smell a bit.

1. Jeremy Hunt returned from "holiday" in Brussels on the day that KK was fired.

2. There is legislation currently going through Parliament:
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/northern-ireland-protocol-bill#:~:text=The%20Northern%20Ireland%20Protocol%20Bill%20was%20introduced%20in%20Parliament%20on,Belfast%20(Good%20Friday)%20Agreement.

When this receives royal assent it will emasculate the EU over the N.I. protocol and the EU do not want it to become law.
Liz Truss is adamant it proceeds.
https://bills.parliament.uk/bills/3182

I don't think these matters are coincidences. How much sway does Brussels have over our government?
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 14, 2022, 05:17:51 PM
Berkeley I thought.
My recollection is of Dad telling tales of a plastic motor car under that brand. Their owners might have been chasing more horses, but a 300cc three-wheeler seems hardly suitable for chasing foxes...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on October 14, 2022, 04:47:13 PM
Isn't Berk — short for rhyming slang: Berkshire Hunt — good enough...?
Berkeley I thought.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on October 14, 2022, 02:55:33 PM
What was that,hardly answered a question then ran off,she's about as credible as putting a monkey in charge.
She has go.
Her own MPs are against her.
The press is against her. 

The time has come for Blue Rinses and Col Blimps of Tunbridge Wells to be relieved of the task of voting for a new Conservative leader while the party is in power. Leave it to the MPs, so it can be all done and dusted inside a week. The last Tory leadership contest was a circus that made he UK a laughing stock on the world stage and set the stage for the greatest run on the pound since Harold had his eye put out...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Isn't Berk — short for rhyming slang: Berkshire Hunt — good enough...?

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on October 14, 2022, 03:35:18 PM
@BOycey no I don't,where have you been.
No need to swear on here just mention Sophy

https://youtu.be/LItF_Wx-6H0
I don't know how you can reference such a word and make sense of the sentence Cromwell. Jeremy Sophy just doesn't rhyme or make sense.

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 14, 2022, 03:41:21 PM
There is word censoring on the forum for a reason, any attempt to circumvent it will be dealt with by the MODS.

Don't worry Nick. I won't circumvent it. I quite like the appearance of the stars.

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 14, 2022, 02:06:41 PM
Right, we need an understanding on this forum. If the swear word that rhymes with hunt gets used on here, it has nothing to do with lack of intelligence, an under appreciation of women anatomy, sexism, wanting the UK to fail, anti Toryism or even the Chancellor himself. It is because we can be certain the guy who ruined the NHS is likely to complete the Job as Chancellor and no other word is suitable for the job.
There is word censoring on the forum for a reason, any attempt to circumvent it will be dealt with by the MODS. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on October 14, 2022, 02:42:48 PM
Who is she? Do you mean Victoria Derbyshire?
@BOycey no I don't,where have you been.
No need to swear on here just mention Sophy 

https://youtu.be/LItF_Wx-6H0
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

What was that,hardly answered a question then ran off,she's about as credible as putting a monkey in charge.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?