Hunt for PM…?

Started by patman post, October 14, 2022, 02:39:35 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 14, 2022, 05:07:00 PM
Well I suppose it is mainly his pals who are stirring it to get him back in. So yeah. Call it racism that he was chucked out. Why not.
John, I am not aware of the claims you make. All I know is Truss has made a complete mess as PM and I see no one else but Sunak who can fix this.

johnofgwent

Quote from: B0ycey on October 14, 2022, 04:49:09 PM
At the moment John, it is all about stabilising the economy. There is no other guy but Sunak who can do that in the Tory party.

Well I suppose it is mainly his pals who are stirring it to get him back in. So yeah. Call it racism that he was chucked out. Why not.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on October 14, 2022, 04:56:42 PM
You mean the guy that's been in charge for years and during his leadership bid he said he would fix it as PM!!
It's kind of like blaming Kwarteng for Trussonomics. The PM makes the choices, the Chancellor has to balance the books. From my understanding Sunak had to fight with Johnson just to balance the books because rightly or wrongly (it was wrongly), the UK borrowed billions to pay for everyone to sit at home. The current mess is down to Covid by the way. What is worse Johnson didn't want to back the farce, but he did and now the nation needs to balance the books. And you know what, Truss still needs to find another 30bn of borrowing to fund. The only way t do that is Tax rises. Truss is about tax cuts. So in the end she will be forced out. The market wants someone more fiscal and I see no one else but Sunak who can do that.

patman post

You've got to admit, he wasn't there when Trussonomics kicked in and floored the GBP, or "p" as it's likely to be referred to now...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: B0ycey on October 14, 2022, 04:49:09 PM
At the moment John, it is all about stabilising the economy. There is no other guy but Sunak who can do that in the Tory party.
You mean the guy that's been in charge for years and during his leadership bid he said he would fix it as PM!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

B0ycey

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 14, 2022, 04:19:09 PM
And Sunaks brown pal was quick to say it would be racist not to elect him as PM ...

Sheepy

The Westminster party couldn't organise a pee up in a brewery, at least Boris could organise his own pee up.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 14, 2022, 04:31:53 PM
People in glass houses eh!!
The only completing answer to that is: Shouldn't — since throne stowing is no longer feasible...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 14, 2022, 04:27:34 PM
I'm going to have to start looking at my posts, it must be auto correct cause o is nowhere near e 😂
Productive smelling can laud you in shot as quack as a wank...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 14, 2022, 04:26:07 PM
Don't you think the Truss administration has caused enough of the Tory elders to emit copious quantities of brown stuff as hey see billions [highlight]wiped of pension funds[/highlight], without causing them more worry by raising more BNP/Ukip slurs on here...?
People in glass houses eh!!

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 14, 2022, 04:27:34 PM
I'm going to have to start looking at my posts, it must be auto correct cause o is nowhere near e 😂
It's all right my bloody iPad does it all the times
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 14, 2022, 03:39:26 PM
Are you sure,thought that was T00ts area of expertise.
:D :P

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 14, 2022, 04:19:09 PM
And Sunaks brown pal was quick to say it would be racist not to elect him as PM ...
Don't you think the Truss administration has caused enough of the Tory elders to emit copious quantities of brown stuff as hey see billions wiped of pension funds, without causing them more worry by raising more BNP/Ukip slurs on here...?

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 14, 2022, 03:36:14 PM
If Truss is relieved of her position Boris will be back on the ballet sheet at the request of members.
The only ballet Johnson deserves to star in is Swan Lake, preferably as the (politically) dying swan — he's buggered both UK politics and the Conservatives. And truth, as a recognisable quality, has been sorely wounded too...

johnofgwent

Quote from: B0ycey on October 14, 2022, 03:58:27 PM
Once bitten twice shy Patman. Cun...*Sophy* simply made a pigs ear running the NHS. By and large he isn't liked by the organisation nor the public on the whole. I agree we need a new leader and I believe sacking Kwarteng has unbelievably made things worse for Truss. People will just think she is passing blame. Then she had a ten minute news conference which has made the media question her also. Basically she had taken three steps back today. I can appreciate there are those who don't like Sunak, but to his credit he predicted this and is a credible economist. If she had cut her cloth and asked him to take the vacant Chancellor role, she might have somehow rescued today. Now I am beginning to think even the Tory backbenchers have the knives out and she may well have her Caesar moment also.
And Sunaks brown pal was quick to say it would be racist not to elect him as PM ... 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>