Hunt for PM…?

Started by patman post, October 14, 2022, 02:39:35 PM

« previous - next »

HallowedBrexit

As T00ts said, the Tories will rue the day of ousting Boris.

He needs to come back and complete Brexit. Union Flag

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on October 14, 2022, 03:16:21 PM
I don't see it that way — I've more faith in someone who's prepared to roll up their sleeves and muck in with the intention of correcting major mistakes, than someone else lurking on the edges and sniping from the wings.

The UK needs a change of PM, preferably right now, not in two years time...
Once bitten twice shy Patman. Cun...*Sophy* simply made a pigs ear running the NHS. By and large he isn't liked by the organisation nor the public on the whole. I agree we need a new leader and I believe sacking Kwarteng has unbelievably made things worse for Truss. People will just think she is passing blame. Then she had a ten minute news conference which has made the media question her also. Basically she had taken three steps back today. I can appreciate there are those who don't like Sunak, but to his credit he predicted this and is a credible economist. If she had cut her cloth and asked him to take the vacant Chancellor role, she might have somehow rescued today. Now I am beginning to think even the Tory backbenchers have the knives out and she may well have her Caesar moment also.

T00ts

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 14, 2022, 03:36:14 PM
If Truss is relieved of her position Boris will be back on the ballet sheet at the request of members.
Are you sure,thought that was T00ts area of expertise.
:D :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 14, 2022, 02:39:35 PM
Now Hunt is in Downing Street — where he should/would have been if Johnson hadn't managed to bedazzle his way into power.

Will Hunt be the one that Tory MPs can rally behind to oust and replace Truss?

I hope so — and may it be soon.

I've never thought Truss was clever enough to be PM. I do not believe the country and the Conservative Party can continue with Truss in charge...
If Truss is relieved of her position Boris will be back on the ballot sheet at the request of members.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on October 14, 2022, 02:48:43 PM
I doubt it Patman. Hunt has basically ruined his political career by backing the donkey. If we have new leadership I expect it is the Mordaunt/Sunak alliance with one of those two who lead the way. Let's see where the dagger lay.
I don't see it that way — I've more faith in someone who's prepared to roll up their sleeves and muck in with the intention of correcting major mistakes, than someone else lurking on the edges and sniping from the wings.

The UK needs a change of PM, preferably right now, not in two years time...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on October 14, 2022, 02:46:10 PM
Hunt gets in you can guarantee Mr Punch wins next election.
At the moment it's whether the Tories lose the next election by 20 or 200 hundred seats. Hunt could achieve the lower loss, and might even get a hung Parliament or small victory.

If Starmer keeps on as is and gets in, I'm fairly relaxed — the whole world is in such a state at the moment that the UK just needs a steady hand on the tiller to ride out the storm. Hopefully, by then a real Conservative leader (could be Hunt?) will emerge to re-establish the party along traditional lines that benefit the country...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Now Hunt is in Downing Street — where he should/would have been if Johnson hadn't managed to bedazzle his way into power.

I've never thought Truss was clever enough to be PM. I do not believe the country and the Conservative Party can continue with Truss in charge...
I doubt it Patman. Hunt has basically ruined his political career by backing the donkey. If we have new leadership I expect it is the Mordaunt/Sunak alliance with one of those two who lead the way. Let's see where the dagger lay.

cromwell

Hunt gets in you can guarantee Mr Punch wins next election.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Now Hunt is in Downing Street — where he should/would have been if Johnson hadn't managed to bedazzle his way into power.