Started by patman post, October 14, 2022, 02:39:35 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Barry on October 17, 2022, 08:49:37 PM
The Blob have decided:
Sunak PM
Hunt CX
Mordaunt FS
All in a WhatsApp message from a Conservative MP - it's a done deal, apparently?
Just quoting myself as it looks like it is coming next week.  ;D
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on October 17, 2022, 01:05:03 PM
No this is all wrong. Boris has his faults yes but they weren't big enough to oust him. this simply gave fuel to those who would really like a Labour government and they have been shouting loud enough to drown out everything else. The result was that those gutless back benchers panicked and those who would much rather upset Brexit saw their opportunity. So back benchers have fallen on their own petard and will probably lose their seats anyway.
Westminster is no longer governing - they are listening to those who have only one agenda and trying to appease the pundits and movers and shakers. Even today the calls are for Truss to go today or sooner if possible. It's ridiculous spouting from those who have no idea of the procedures required. All the while the world looks on and judges on what is being displayed by idiots.
In the last war it was said lose lips cause lives. We are in a situation where I believe those same rules apply. It is time for less noise and more thought. I never wanted Truss in this position or Sunak and the whole thing has been totally mishandled for months. All because they care what the media is saying. It's a rabble with a lynch mob mentality.
This whole current debacle of a Conservative Party is down to Johnson.

The Tory membership has been conditioned to accept that an immoral constantly lying self delusionist Churchill tribute act clown is the best there is. They didn't want Sunak's expertise and truths, and saw his resignation as betrayal of Johnson, so they voted for Truss and her platitudes...

PS — even the Daily Mail (probably with an eye on who's going to get the top job and, thus, be able to dish out peerages) has reported:

Almost half of Conservative supporters believe the party made the WRONG choice of leader in Liz Truss, while just nine per cent of Britons believe she was the right choice, according to a new poll

• Poll by YouGov shows 48% of Tory supporters say party picked the wrong leader
• Among the wider electorate, just 9% believe the Tories picked right, poll shows
• Two thirds of Britons told poll, for The Times, that Tory party had picked wrong
• It comes as Tory MPs have given under-fire Liz Truss just 17 days to save her job

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11314137/Almost-half-Tory-voters-believe-party-WRONG-choice-leader-Liz-Truss-poll-shows.html

Truss has to go.
And the party needs to rid itself of the Johnson taint...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

The Blob have decided:
Sunak PM
Hunt CX
Mordaunt FS
All in a WhatsApp message from a Conservative MP - it's a done deal, apparently?
If only.

I guess any permutation of those three would be more appealing to the electorate than the current administration that's hobbled by Truss and her other selections.

Perhaps tomorrow's PMQ's will prompt some collective action — Sunak lopped a load of the membership's suport when he resigned. Now, it's doubtful there's anyone of stature in the current administration who's willing to do a Sunak, by themselves...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

The Blob have decided:
Sunak PM
Hunt CX
Mordaunt FS
Nah, not buying that Barry. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

The Blob have decided:
Sunak PM
Hunt CX
Mordaunt FS
Sound like Smurf,but who is the blob?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on October 17, 2022, 12:00:08 PM
They can't without rule changes. She cannot be challenged for one year as things stand. They can only change the rules if a big majority agree then of course they have to agree what those changes will because unintended  consequences may well leave the party with no security of leadership in future. As I have said before, they need some sage heads. They have been so stupid in listening to the those who simply wanted Boris ousted because he was a vote winner. I think it's Barry's comment about the blob winning again.
The Blob have decided:
Sunak PM
Hunt CX
Mordaunt FS
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on October 17, 2022, 12:10:58 PM
His serial lying and all the corruption under him were seriously undermining that supposed quality as revealed by polling. Labour was already heading towards a double digit poll lead. Boris had become more of a liability than a vote winner. Hence the need for change.

Cue massive own goal of Tories making all the wrong changes, succumbing to the temptations of ideology over pragmatism, and creating an economic disaster which the supporters of Trussonomics were left blaming everyone for except themselves.

A bad situation which Boris had led the party to was thus unnecessarily made a whole lot worse by making all the wrong choices for change.

And if that means reverting back to Boris is the best thing Tories can imagine, therein lies their intellectual and moral bankruptcy and lack of ideas. Therein lies the fact that they have been here too long for any good they have been doing, and in the name of God must go.
No this is all wrong. Boris has his faults yes but they weren't big enough to oust him. this simply gave fuel to those who would really like a Labour government and they have been shouting loud enough to drown out everything else. The result was that those gutless back benchers panicked and those who would much rather upset Brexit saw their opportunity. So back benchers have fallen on their own petard and will probably lose their seats anyway. 
Westminster is no longer governing - they are listening to those who have only one agenda and trying to appease the pundits and movers and shakers. Even today the calls are for Truss to go today or sooner if possible. It's ridiculous spouting from those who have no idea of the procedures required. All the while the world looks on and judges on what is being displayed by idiots. 
In the last war it was said lose lips cause lives. We are in a situation where I believe those same rules apply. It is time for less noise and more thought. I never wanted Truss in this position or Sunak and the whole thing has been totally mishandled for months. All because they care what the media is saying. It's a rabble with a lynch mob mentality.

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on October 17, 2022, 12:00:08 PMThey have been so stupid in listening to the those who simply wanted Boris ousted because he was a vote winner.
His serial lying and all the corruption under him were seriously undermining that supposed quality as revealed by polling. Labour was already heading towards a double digit poll lead. Boris had become more of a liability than a vote winner. Hence the need for change.

Cue massive own goal of Tories making all the wrong changes, succumbing to the temptations of ideology over pragmatism, and creating an economic disaster which the supporters of Trussonomics were left blaming everyone for except themselves.

A bad situation which Boris had led the party to was thus unnecessarily made a whole lot worse by making all the wrong choices for change.

And if that means reverting back to Boris is the best thing Tories can imagine, therein lies their intellectual and moral bankruptcy and lack of ideas. Therein lies the fact that they have been here too long for any good they have been doing, and in the name of God must go.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on October 17, 2022, 12:00:08 PM
They can't without rule changes. She cannot be challenged for one year as things stand. They can only change the rules if a big majority agree then of course they have to agree what those changes will because unintended  consequences may well leave the party with no security of leadership in future. As I have said before, they need some sage heads. They have been so stupid in listening to the those who simply wanted Boris ousted because he was a vote winner. I think it's Barry's comment about the blob winning again.

Well they can do what they did with Johnson. Tell her to F@@@ off or they will change the rules with the 1922 committee and kick her out. So it depends on the principles of the Tory MPs. 

T00ts

Quote from: B0ycey on October 17, 2022, 11:36:41 AM
Now Hunt has ditched Trussonomics and doing Sunakonomics, does it make sense to keep Truss when her manifesto is pretty much been scrapped and she is leading on the ideas of her opponent? I don't think Truss has the personality or credibility to lead us on someone else's policies and if the Tories had sense, they would ditch the deadwood and put in the man who seems to know what he is doing.
They can't without rule changes. She cannot be challenged for one year as things stand. They can only change the rules if a big majority agree then of course they have to agree what those changes will because unintended  consequences may well leave the party with no security of leadership in future. As I have said before, they need some sage heads. They have been so stupid in listening to the those who simply wanted Boris ousted because he was a vote winner. I think it's Barry's comment about the blob winning again.

B0ycey

Now Hunt has ditched Trussonomics and doing Sunakonomics, does it make sense to keep Truss when her manifesto is pretty much been scrapped and she is leading on the ideas of her opponent? I don't think Truss has the personality or credibility to lead us on someone else's policies and if the Tories had sense, they would ditch the deadwood and put in the man who seems to know what he is doing.

Sheepy

Quote from: Scott777 on October 16, 2022, 08:39:13 AM
*unt is a globalist stooge.  Truss is a globalist stooge.  Boris is a globalist stooge.  If you want to rejoin the EU, to continue mass immigration, to have digital ID and abolish cash, to take orders from the WHO and the WEF and Bill Gates - they will be right up your alley.

Because they know it doesn't matter who you vote for, you will always get the same thing. Ignorance mainly.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Baff on October 16, 2022, 05:04:51 AM
I don't think many people are willing to work at cost.

Indeed Baff. Not the Private sector. But the public sector could given profits are not a factor.

Scott777

*unt is a globalist stooge.  Truss is a globalist stooge.  Boris is a globalist stooge.  If you want to rejoin the EU, to continue mass immigration, to have digital ID and abolish cash, to take orders from the WHO and the WEF and Bill Gates - they will be right up your alley.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.