Anyone know how to rebuild a 24V lithium battery?

Started by Borchester, October 15, 2022, 04:39:38 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on October 15, 2022, 05:24:39 PM
I have taken on part time work. I was a civil servant for thirty years. And I have £300, I just don't want to spend it.

You are on the tools SW. Surely there is a sparks you can ask?
Put it in the freezer and thaw it out before recharging .

Hows the  economics going to work if we dont keep putting money into the economy ?  Come on Borky get the wallet open ,you can always claim it back from the taxman 

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on October 15, 2022, 05:47:17 PM
The only thing you can do is find which cell has died and replace it. Lithium tends to set on fire if exposed to oxygen / moisture. Bite the bullet ya tight git 😂.

The trouble is that it is not so much a dud cell as the electrolyte having decayed. So I will have to replace all the cells, which means I might as well buy a new battery.

Still, little Miss Truss has increased the Christmas coal allowance so that should pay for most of it :)
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 15, 2022, 07:44:36 PM
A chap by the forum handle of 'flecc' on a forum for e-bikes called pedelec.co.uk might have an idea. He had a detailed conversation with three or four riders of electric bikes seeking to restore their nickel metal hydride power packs. He's been a go to guy for such for about two decades. Yes20 years when the first Giant Lafree Twists hit the UK

Many thanks John
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

A chap by the forum handle of 'flecc' on a forum for e-bikes called pedelec.co.uk might have an idea. He had a detailed conversation with three or four riders of electric bikes seeking to restore their nickel metal hydride power packs. He's been a go to guy for such for about two decades. Yes20 years when the first Giant Lafree Twists hit the UK
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on October 15, 2022, 04:39:38 PM
The one on my mobility scooter is dying the death and like most oldies, I am cheap and don't want to fork out £300 for a new one.

Any advice will be appreciated
The only thing you can do is find which cell has died and replace it. Lithium tends to set on fire if exposed to oxygen / moisture. Bite the bullet ya tight git 😂.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 15, 2022, 04:48:38 PM
haven't got a clue how to fix a battery but maybe if you took some part time work you could raise the £300 ;)

I have taken on part time work. I was a civil servant for thirty years. And I have £300, I just don't want to spend it.

You are on the tools SW. Surely there is a sparks you can ask?
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on October 15, 2022, 04:39:38 PM
The one on my mobility scooter is dying the death and like most oldies, I am cheap and don't want to fork out £300 for a new one.

haven't got a clue how to fix a battery but maybe if you took some part time work you could raise the £300 ;)

Borchester

Algerie Francais !