How long

Started by cromwell, October 16, 2022, 09:32:47 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on October 19, 2022, 01:35:05 PM
Nothing to do with the sustained campaign against him as Labour knew that hadn't got a chance of beating him in a GE then?
Errr.....it was your lot that got rid of him once it became obvious he had become a liability. Not Labour or anyone else.

And if there were any sustained campaign against him he himself provided the ammunition that fuelled it!! No opposition is going to ignore that.

Johnson's conduct in office was atrocious and the people had woken up to that. Which is why the Tories got rid of him. And it was the Tories that got rid of him. Not anyone else.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on October 19, 2022, 01:23:21 PM
That is not borne out by the direction of polling in Johnson's final months, which clearly indicates that his mysterious popularity was already well on the wane. Too many blatant lies. The public did not believe in him anymore. He looks good in comparison with Truss only because anyone would. A bare arsed baboon would look preferable to Truss right now.
Nothing to do with the sustained campaign against him as Labour knew that hadn't got a chance of beating him in a GE then?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on October 19, 2022, 01:00:30 PM
THEY ditched him, the electorate had no say in the matter and his popularity still stands as you will see.
That is not borne out by the direction of polling in Johnson's final months, which clearly indicates that his mysterious popularity was already well on the wane. Too many blatant lies. The public did not believe in him anymore. He looks good in comparison with Truss only because anyone would. A bare arsed baboon would look preferable to Truss right now.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on October 17, 2022, 08:37:29 AM
And you seem to be totally missing the collapse in his popularity borne of three years of constant lying and corruption since then.....which is why they ditched him in the first place. Their mistake was in replacing him with someone far worse in policy terms.

If your best hope is Johnson....if that really is your best hope.....you are in trouble. lol
THEY ditched him, the electorate had no say in the matter and his popularity still stands as you will see. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on October 19, 2022, 07:13:16 AM
True.

I can't see myself voting for the Brothers and Sisters, but I will be arsed before I vote for Truss, Sunak or any of the rest of current crop of Conservatives.

The trouble with today's Tories is that none of them are Tories
Probably the last real Tory was Tony Blair. You'd never find laws being put on the statute books to make bribing Arabs to buy guns a crime on HIS watch. That was left to 'not flash just' Gordon
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on October 19, 2022, 07:13:16 AM
True.

I can't see myself voting for the Brothers and Sisters, but I will be arsed before I vote for Truss, Sunak or any of the rest of current crop of Conservatives.

Nope all globalists if its any consolation the WEF is doing exactly what it said it would do. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 19, 2022, 01:38:03 AM
I think you'll find the whole process is going to be incinerated and Nick stripped of his ability to have a voice. And I think it will happen by next week, and that bastard Sunak will be in. And then the tories will be out for a century because they're leaving Tory voters to freeze to death or go bust.

The party demonstrated its utter disinterest in the non millionaire citizen by sitting on its arse while everyone on less than a million a year panicked about what the f**k it will cost to turn the heating on and the first thing Jeremy of Berkeley did was f**k the energy cap ensuring everyone will be screwed next year when sunaks tax rises cut in.

All Hunt has done is handed number ten to f**king Labour.

Christ even I will be voting for the scum for the first time ever because someone needs to give that shithead Sunak a message and by hod it's being written for him right now.

True.

Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on October 17, 2022, 05:11:29 PM
I didn't vote on this one as I have no idea how long Liz Truss will carry on. If they stick to the current rules, where a Tory leader can't be challenged for a year after they've been elected, then there would certainly be a leadership challenge when that year is up. If the 1922 Committee changes the rules, then she could be gone in a week or two. But there's nothing stopping a Tory leader from choosing to resign, which she might well do if she sees her future as PM being a nightmare of her own making. If she goes, she'll be able to get some counselling from Jeremy Corbyn.
I think you'll find the whole process is going to be incinerated and Nick stripped of his ability to have a voice. And I think it will happen by next week, and that bastard Sunak will be in. And then the tories will be out for a century because they're leaving Tory voters to freeze to death or go bust.

The party demonstrated its utter disinterest in the non millionaire citizen by sitting on its arse while everyone on less than a million a year panicked about what the F@@@ it will cost to turn the heating on and the first thing Jeremy of Berkeley did was F@@@ the energy cap ensuring everyone will be screwed next year when sunaks tax rises cut in.

All Hunt has done is handed number ten to Fucking Labour.

Christ even I will be voting for the scum for the first time ever because someone needs to give that shithead Sunak a message and by hod it's being written for him right now.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sampanviking

Quote from: Borchester on October 18, 2022, 07:42:02 PM
If you mean the coronation of Charles III, you might have a good point. It won't happen until next May and I am a great believer in not paying anything until the last knockings. And the royals are pretty good with their finances so if you are suggesting replacing Berkeley by Charlie, then you might be onto something
:)
Charlie Boy!? We already had a Charlie that thought he was Gods gift to rule us all. It didn't end well.......

Borchester

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 18, 2022, 07:21:37 PM
I always believed Truss was a light weight, well out of her depth. Now we see she has economic sense as strong as her geographic.

She is clearly in office but not in power as she has lost her authority beyond any chance of recovery.
The only thing that is keeping her in office now, is the process of agreeing a coronation that is undoubtedly underway.
This will go to whoever can demonstrate having the confidence of the markets and thus the support of enough of the Parliamentary party.
If you mean the coronation of Charles III, you might have a good point. It won't happen until next May and I am a great believer in not paying anything until the last knockings. And the royals are pretty good with their finances so if you are suggesting replacing Berkeley by Charlie, then you might be onto something
:)
Algerie Francais !

Sampanviking

I always believed Truss was a light weight, well out of her depth. Now we see she has economic sense as strong as her geographic.

She is clearly in office but not in power as she has lost her authority beyond any chance of recovery.
The only thing that is keeping her in office now, is the process of agreeing a coronation that is undoubtedly underway.
This will go to whoever can demonstrate having the confidence of the markets and thus the support of enough of the Parliamentary party.

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on October 17, 2022, 07:35:47 PM
Who knows?

I don't disagree with you, but, maybe the country (and party) needs a characterless leader to get it through the current stupidity.

My view is that the Tories are looking how to minimise losses at the next election, and Truss is possibly being indoctrinated on what's best for the party, and she'll now do as she's told and lay low.

Interesting if Truss appears for Wednesday's PMQs — but who knows? She may already be an android — or burnt toast...!
If Truss doesn't turn up for PMQ, she may as well quit. Labour already scored a goal with their "The Lady is not for turning up" quip.

As for rallying behind a lifeless lifeforms, well I would say Hunt is better than Wallace for that if you truly want someone boring in charge. Besides Wallace is like Davey, boring and dull and not really appealing or someone you'd vote for. Not saying Hunt is much better, but he is better. But in any case, Wallace dropped out before because I suspect he must know being PM is out of his depth and he is generally the goto guy for defence. And that is where he'll be whoever becomes PM.

patman post

Quote from: B0ycey on October 17, 2022, 07:04:00 PM
Jeez, what is it with Tories getting behind lame ducks. The guy will be defense secretary whoever takes over because he hasn't the personality to go beyond that. He is like Davey, boring. They should get behind Mordaunt if they can't unite behind Sunak. She did as well as someone could on the dispatch box today and seems to be trusted by both Sunak and Truss backers. If Wallace becomes the next PM, then Tories are toast.
Who knows?

I don't disagree with you, but, maybe the country (and party) needs a characterless leader to get it through the current stupidity.

My view is that the Tories are looking how to minimise losses at the next election, and Truss is possibly being indoctrinated on what's best for the party, and she'll now do as she's told and lay low.

Interesting if Truss appears for Wednesday's PMQs — but who knows? She may already be an android — or burnt toast...!
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B0ycey

Quote from: patman post on October 17, 2022, 06:47:34 PM
Ben Wallace could be emerging as a Unity front runner, but he's obviously follically challenged, and only Winston ever overcame that strike to get into power in the Conservative Party.

Unity can be regained — the party got over IDS (claimed to be one-sixth Japanese), and regained power...

Jeez, what is it with Tories getting behind lame ducks. The guy will be defense secretary whoever takes over because he hasn't the personality to go beyond that. He is like Davey, boring. They should get behind Mordaunt if they can't unite behind Sunak. She did as well as someone could on the dispatch box today and seems to be trusted by both Sunak and Truss backers. If Wallace becomes the next PM, then Tories are toast.

patman post

Ben Wallace could be emerging as a Unity front runner, but he's obviously follically challenged, and only Winston ever overcame that strike to get into power in the Conservative Party.

Unity can be regained — the party got over Hague and IDS (claimed to be one-sixth Japanese), and regained power...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...