I haven't had coffee for three days

Started by Borchester, October 16, 2022, 06:42:19 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Coffee - we both love our magic beans in the morning. Our filter coffee maker is wonderful. Sadly LIDL have supply problems with Belarom ground coffee, so we are trying some different ones from Morrisons, French, and others.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on October 17, 2022, 09:37:23 AM
Whilst I understand the cause of the protesters  they are totally shooting themselves in the foot by such tactics, alienating and angering everyone they encounter. It will tend to cause even those who think they have a point to dig their heels in against them.

I know for a fact that were I to encounter such a bunch of twots stopping me from getting to work and costing me money, or - still worse - stopping me from getting home again when I am tired or hungry, I wouldn't hesitate to pour water over them if I had any.

And the government is going to get away with cracking down on the right to protest because of these twots abusing it.
And sadly Steve you'd probably be done for assault.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on October 17, 2022, 10:31:35 AM
A 5 year stretch for these who defaced the painting for a start, that'll go a long way to making them think.

Actually, all I think about is that Van Gogh only ever sold one painting in his life, but now that the poor, crazy bugger is safely dead he is some sort of icon of sunflowers.

The protestors should be made to clean up their mess and then sent to the Louvre to give the Mona Lisa a good scrub. God knows it needs one.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on October 17, 2022, 09:37:23 AM
Whilst I understand the cause of the protesters  they are totally shooting themselves in the foot by such tactics, alienating and angering everyone they encounter. It will tend to cause even those who think they have a point to dig their heels in against them.

I know for a fact that were I to encounter such a bunch of twots stopping me from getting to work and costing me money, or - still worse - stopping me from getting home again when I am tired or hungry, I wouldn't hesitate to pour water over them if I had any.

And the government is going to get away with cracking down on the right to protest because of these twots abusing it.
A 5 year stretch for these who defaced the painting for a start, that'll go a long way to making them think. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on October 17, 2022, 01:00:46 AM
I think everyone should carry a gallon container of water in their car. With temperatures dropping, a swift pour down the neck of these buffoons with put them in a world of pain.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on October 17, 2022, 12:16:25 AM
It is raining.

No one protests in the rain.
Round here the rainwater generally works wonders on attacking the adhesive properties of superglue. It's a great shame. Protestors relying on it need to be left to die of hypothermia to show what stopping oil will actually do
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on October 17, 2022, 12:16:25 AM
It is raining.

And I have gotten the coffee so all is now right with the world

:)
I think everyone should carry a gallon container of water in their car. With temperatures dropping, a swift pour down the neck of these buffoons with put them in a world of pain. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 16, 2022, 10:01:27 PM
I think just stop oil the more likely bomber

It is raining.

And I have gotten the coffee so all is now right with the world

:)
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on October 16, 2022, 06:42:19 PM
And it is set to get worse. I screwed up the Asda order and while they will be dropping off 3 kilos of Lavazza's best on Monday, today is Sunday.

I have a small stash of a kilo or so of coffee secreted at the Rural Slum and hopefully we will be setting off for there in an hour or , but things are so shit that I would not be surprised if the Russians did not bomb the M1
I think just stop oil the more likely bomber
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

And it is set to get worse. I screwed up the Asda order and while they will be dropping off 3 kilos of Lavazza's best on Monday, today is Sunday.

I have a small stash of a kilo or so of coffee secreted at the Rural Slum and hopefully we will be setting off for there in an hour or , but things are so shit that I would not be surprised if the Russians did not bomb the M1
Algerie Francais !