Project Fear

Started by patman post, October 17, 2022, 11:43:58 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 16, 2022, 12:11:15 PM
My last post was one of many reports, that one chosen for its nice graph that spells it out, but all are saying that demographics and a political and economic policy that actively discouraged childbearing will inevitably cause labour shortages across the western world that NO amount of technology will fix.
I already posted one showing the US, the biggest economy in the world and they're struggling for labour across all sectors. Doesn't matter what proof you post John, PS will know better.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

My last post was one of many reports, that one chosen for its nice graph that spells it out, but all are saying that demographics and a political and economic policy that actively discouraged childbearing will inevitably cause labour shortages across the western world that NO amount of technology will fix.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 16, 2022, 09:32:05 AM
Already been posted countless times, just you're to lazy to go and look.
It has been posted I have read it, none of it backs up the contention.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 16, 2022, 09:14:33 AM
Evidence please?
Already been posted countless times, just you're to lazy to go and look. 

papasmurf

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on November 15, 2022, 06:51:16 PM
Nick, you ARE out of touch. Yes there are labour shortages in other countries but NOT to the same degree as Britain.
Correct.
They are worse in other countries.
Including the EU ones. France for example.

You might note that we started our COVID recovery/ended our lock down fully a year before most other nations.
Amazing what we managed to do when we abandoned collective bargaining.

I certainly think the government and the EU are kicking the can down the road with the NI protocol.
But the N Irish will sort it out. It's on a timer.
In the end the locals will decide the matter. Not long now before it gets decided.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2022, 07:54:09 PM

Nick keeping your head up your fundamental orifice won't shield you from the truth. Brexit, sorry EUexit is unravelling.
The government have postponed the implementation of Brexit UKCA requirements for a third year in a row.
UK Conformity Assessed (UKCA) marking is intended to indicate conformity with the applicable requirements for products sold within the UK (although Northern Ireland would also have to conform with EU standards).
This time, they've postponed it for two years. Yet another feature of Brexit that is impossible to implement, and so the government are kicking the can down the road again.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 15, 2022, 07:27:28 PM
Quite easily, it is called telecommunications and having a motorised satellite dish that picks up news and current affairs from around the planet.  Personal experience does not give you accurate picture of anything.
The internet enables me to do country comparisons using data, not opinions. That is how I know how much damage Brexit sorry EUexit is doing.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2022, 07:10:51 PM
How do you know about what's happening around the world?

Quite easily, it is called telecommunications and having a motorised satellite dish that picks up news and current affairs from around the planet.  Personal experience does not give you accurate picture of anything.
The internet enables me to do country comparisons using data, not opinions. That is how I know how much damage Brexit sorry EUexit is doing.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 15, 2022, 06:51:16 PM
Nick, you ARE out of touch. Yes there are labour shortages in other countries but NOT to the same degree as Britain.
Brexit is a big factor in that, and another one is other governments pay the cost of training courses for unemployed people to upskill and get licences and certification. The British government does not.
How do you know about what's happening around the world? Because you watch the news and Google it, put your coat on and get out, you'll see what's really going on. 

https://www.uschamber.com/workforce/understanding-americas-labor-shortage-the-most-impacted-industries

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2022, 06:22:03 PM
What accounts for you being so boring and predictable?
Brexit is a big factor in that, and another one is other governments pay the cost of training courses for unemployed people to upskill and get licences and certification. The British government does not.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 15, 2022, 05:56:36 PM
That accounts for you being so far out of touch with current affairs in Britain.
What accounts for you being so boring and predictable?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2022, 03:44:02 PM
I've been to 11 different countries this year
That accounts for you being so far out of touch with current affairs in Britain.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2022, 03:44:02 PM
Not from me you won't T00ts. Including the U.K. I've been to 11 different countries this year and excluding India and Cambodia the situation has been the same in all the rest. The Netherlands has closed runways at Schiphol airport, industrial action and has inflation of over 14%, France has that much industrial action and demonstrations it's hard to keep up. In the US every restaurant and bar I went to were crying out for servers, and these were some of the big chains also like Chili's and Arbies. Restaurants in Germany were closed half the week due to staff shortages, including Chinese Restaurants, they couldn't get out of China after they dashed back to avoid being locked down abroad.

Yeah, but it is worse in the UK. :)
Algerie Francais !