papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 21, 2022, 10:21:44 AM
I notice that you show know link to backup this nonsense, 
Nick it has been widely reported today and yesterday:-

Brexit costs government £40 billion a year in lost tax revenue | ITV News

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on December 21, 2022, 08:19:29 AM
Today it's claimed that the UK economy is 5.5% smaller than it would have been if we stayed in the EU. Certainly there's no evidence to the contrary.

All of the EU has had to deal with Putin and Covid, but we've had to deal with Putin, Covid and Brexit.

I notice that you show know link to backup this nonsense, below shows REAL growth for 2022, with the U.K. coming out on top. And tipped to better Italy and Germany with the EU only 0.2% in front. 

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on December 21, 2022, 08:19:29 AM
 but we've had to deal with Putin, Covid and Brexit.
Plus 12 years of incompetent out of touch Tory government.

HDQQ

Today it's claimed that the UK economy is 5.5% smaller than it would have been if we stayed in the EU. Certainly there's no evidence to the contrary. 

All of the EU has had to deal with Putin and Covid, but we've had to deal with Putin, Covid and Brexit. 
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Baff

Putting politicians in charge of things is always a clusterfuck.
Which is why less is more.

The less the bureaucracy the more the economy. 

It's like London in a power cut. The traffic suddenly runs smoothly.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on November 21, 2022, 09:06:48 AM
Whatever, it doesn't change the fact that putting the Westminster party in charge of Brexit has been a cluster feck from day one. Which we have been telling you all along. They mean to rejoin at the first chance they get and say it is the will of the people.
No ones been telling me Sheepy . Ive been telling you's , and them's   ;)

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 21, 2022, 08:17:04 AM
Yes they did along with the railways , they were British in them days .Union FlagI would imagine they also pull the Apprentice card out of the hat as well to keep down the wages . I recall a well known coffee  shop down the road advertising for an Apprentice customer service operative .

Whatever, it doesn't change the fact that putting the Westminster party in charge of Brexit has been a cluster feck from day one. Which we have been telling you all along. They mean to rejoin at the first chance they get and say it is the will of the people. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on November 21, 2022, 08:01:00 AM
Also going back to Irish labourers building the canals several hundred years ago.
Yes they did along with the railways , they were British in them days .Union Flag
Quote from: Red Rackham on November 19, 2022, 04:36:14 AM
 Or do you think NEXT recruit kids because they're paid peanuts? 
I would imagine they also pull the Apprentice card out of the hat as well to keep down the wages . I recall a well known coffee  shop down the road advertising for an Apprentice customer service operative . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 21, 2022, 05:42:37 AM
Irish workers were a bit different Borky as they worked freely in the UK under the Common travel area /Amsterdam agreement 1922 without the need for visas .
The history of Britian and Ireland  is a bit more complex than 'importing Irishmen' for the building trade.
Also going back to Irish labourers building the canals several hundred years ago.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on November 17, 2022, 08:52:36 AM
Not really. The building trade used to solve its labour problems by importing Irishmen (otherwise known as two for half a crowns), who would wax lyrical about the old country but never, ever go home. Twas ever thus and I imagine that the Romans only really came to the UK for the fruit picking. Still, it would be nice to confiscate all the Polish pianos and set tight fisted and brass necked bastards like Lord Wolfson to work mixing the sand and cement
Irish workers were a bit different Borky as they worked freely in the UK under the Common travel area /Amsterdam agreement 1922 without the need for visas .
The history of Britian and Ireland  is a bit more complex than 'importing Irishmen' for the building trade. 

papasmurf

Can you think of any reason why NEXT are struggling to recruit new staff?

I can, but the language I would use would get me banned from the forum.

papasmurf

Are you f**king me about or are you really this naive?

The CEO of NEXT, Lord Wolfson, was paid £4.4 million last year. Lord Wolfson recently complained that NEXT were struggling to find employees due to Brexit and a lack of immigrant labour. 70% of NEXT staff are paid £6.83 an hour. Do you think this is coincidental? Or do you think NEXT recruit kids because they're paid peanuts? Take your time.

Now I want you to think about this 'before' hitting the send button. Can you think of any reason why NEXT are struggling to recruit new staff?

Btw, I didn't say f**king. Why on earth is that word censored? Christ even the BBC aren't that controlling.
Paying below the minimum hourly rate is a criminal offence.

Red Rackham

Quote from: papasmurf on November 17, 2022, 08:18:35 AM
That is well below the national minimum hourly minimum: -

The National Minimum Wage in 2022 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Previous rate

Rate from April 2022
Increase

National Living Wage
£8.91
£9.50
6.6%

21-22 Year Old Rate
£8.36
£9.18
9.8%

18-20 Year Old Rate
£6.56
£6.83
4.1%

16-17 Year Old Rate
£4.62
£4.81
4.1%

Apprentice Rate
£4.30
£4.81
11.9%

Accommodation Offset
£8.36
£8.70
4.1%

Are you f**king me about or are you really this naive?

The CEO of NEXT, Lord Wolfson, was paid £4.4 million last year. Lord Wolfson recently complained that NEXT were struggling to find employees due to Brexit and a lack of immigrant labour. 70% of NEXT staff are paid £6.83 an hour. Do you think this is coincidental? Or do you think NEXT recruit kids because they're paid peanuts? Take your time.

Now I want you to think about this 'before' hitting the send button. Can you think of any reason why NEXT are struggling to recruit new staff?

Btw, I didn't say f**king. Why on earth is that word censored? Christ even the BBC aren't that controlling.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 16, 2022, 10:28:48 PM
If I may the answer is  both .  Import the labour we require  and pay them more .

The difference to EU membership is they come on work visas , dont get any top up benefits and leave when the job is done . If the job is ongoing they can apply for residency after a set period .  (I think it used to work something like that pre free movement)

Not really. The building trade used to solve its labour problems by importing Irishmen (otherwise known as two for half a crowns), who would wax lyrical about the old country but never, ever go home. Twas ever thus and I imagine that the Romans only really came to the UK for the fruit picking. Still, it would be nice to confiscate all the Polish pianos and set tight fisted and brass necked bastards like Lord Wolfson to work mixing the sand and cement
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Red Rackham on November 17, 2022, 03:55:01 AM

The 'average' pay of a NEXT employee is wait for it, £6.86 an hour. 
That is well below the national minimum hourly minimum: -

The National Minimum Wage in 2022 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

[th]
Previous rate
[/th]
[th]Rate from April 2022[/th]
[th]Increase[/th]
National Living Wage£8.91£9.506.6%
21-22 Year Old Rate£8.36£9.189.8%
18-20 Year Old Rate£6.56£6.834.1%
16-17 Year Old Rate£4.62£4.814.1%
Apprentice Rate£4.30£4.8111.9%
Accommodation Offset£8.36£8.704.1%