Berkeley scraps tax cuts

Started by Borchester, October 17, 2022, 01:01:57 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Sean on October 17, 2022, 01:12:34 PM
I think they should be taxing the gammons and tory pensioners till the pips squeak. After all they should be the ones making the most amends for the disaster of the past 6 years and counting. We need a general election now to get Keir in to sort out this mess that has been laid on our doorsteps. Each day Truss remains in office , the bigger the laughing stock we become.

Clown.

I much prefer you when you are Hallowed and I think that he is a total dick.

The Tory grassroots seem to be taking it all pretty calmly. Still, early days
Algerie Francais !

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on October 17, 2022, 01:08:18 PM
Then they have lost any chance (if they had one at all)of re election.
To be fair Cromwell, Labour only promised 6 months as well. But I guess you're right. People will think help is being taken away and unless we do a uturn and demand a negotiated settlement in Ukraine, people could well have their bill QUADRUPLE in April.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sean on October 17, 2022, 01:12:34 PM
I think they should be taxing the gammons and tory pensioners till the pips squeak. After all they should be the ones making the most amends for the disaster of the past 6 years and counting. We need a general election now to get Keir in to sort out this mess that has been laid on our doorsteps. Each day Truss remains in office , the bigger the laughing stock we become.
I like your thinking Sean. It is as if I am writing the post myself.

T00ts

Quote from: Sean on October 17, 2022, 01:13:39 PM
Good. This day gets better the more optimism im reading about the tories potential demise.
LOL Spoken with true courage - you will all rue the day!  Dancing Dancing

Sean

Quote from: cromwell on October 17, 2022, 01:08:18 PM
Good. This day gets better the more optimism im reading about the tories potential demise.

Sean

Quote from: B0ycey on October 17, 2022, 01:06:16 PM
When did he announce Truss is getting booted out Borky? Now that has to be worth a few billion I expect.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on October 17, 2022, 01:01:57 PM
The chancellor has just announced that help with heating bills will stop in April next year, the planned cut in income tax from 20% to 19%, will not be happening and the freeze on alcohol duty will be scrapped. He also hinted there's more pain in the pipeline.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/10/17/politics-latest-news-jeremy-hunt-budget-liz-truss/
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: Borchester on October 17, 2022, 01:01:57 PM
The chancellor has just announced...
When did he announce Truss is getting booted out Borky? Now that has to be worth a few billion I expect.

Borchester

The chancellor has just announced that help with heating bills will stop in April next year, the planned cut in income tax from 20% to 19%, will not be happening and the freeze on alcohol duty will be scrapped. He also hinted there's more pain in the pipeline. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/10/17/politics-latest-news-jeremy-hunt-budget-liz-truss/
Algerie Francais !