Traitors?

Started by cromwell, October 18, 2022, 10:40:50 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on October 19, 2022, 09:31:41 PM

These people I regard in an entirely different way selling their military expertise,I briefly visited an RAF forum and many wanted their pensions stopped and arrest if they returned and I would agree.
As would most of us and those in higher circles who would make it illegal 

Having said that these are retired personel who would only have expertise in the kit they used in their time . Im not convinced this is any more  of a security risk than say teaching Iraqi/Afgan  troops or selling current fighter jets in  the middle east (Im taking it they come with instructions ;))

cromwell

Quote from: Javert on October 19, 2022, 09:19:07 PM
It's a bit astonishing if UK military veterans in large numbers find it perfectly acceptable to go and teach the Chinese Air Force how to shoot down UK pilots, if that is what is really happening.  I would also assume that if they are actually teaching them UK classified information they must be in breach of the official secrets act.

Not sure if they are traitors but most certainly, if pro EU supporters are traitors for requesting another democratic vote on a previously voted topic from several years before, then certainly these people are traitors.
Well personally I never regarded pro eu as traitors for wanting another referendum they were imo unrealistic in that  sufficient time hadn't passed to test brexit and still has not.

These people I regard in an entirely different way selling their military expertise,I briefly visited an RAF forum and many wanted their pensions stopped and arrest if they returned and I would agree.

Javert

Quote from: cromwell on October 19, 2022, 07:43:30 PM
These are not flight instructors and not just ex RAF but Navy too and helicopter pilots being recruited.

It's a bit astonishing if UK military veterans in large numbers find it perfectly acceptable to go and teach the Chinese Air Force how to shoot down UK pilots, if that is what is really happening.  I would also assume that if they are actually teaching them UK classified information they must be in breach of the official secrets act.

Not sure if they are traitors but most certainly, if pro EU supporters are traitors for requesting another democratic vote on a previously voted topic from several years before, then certainly these people are traitors.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on October 19, 2022, 07:22:09 PM
This surprises me if true. Surely tactical operational knowledge is as secret as the equipment used. If not it's an appalling state of affairs.
No amount of money can make that kind of information available to anyone outside of our own security groups. Without degree of treachery toward our own security, and those charged with maintaining our security.
My hope is this has been over egged, and these people are nothing more than general flight instructors.
These are not flight instructors and not just ex RAF but Navy too and helicopter pilots being recruited.

Good old

Quote from: Nick on October 19, 2022, 06:41:08 PM
It's called the OSA, I'm surprised it doesn't come under that.

This surprises me if true. Surely tactical operational knowledge is as secret as the equipment used. If not it's an appalling state of affairs.
No amount of money can make that kind of information available to anyone outside of our own security groups. Without degree of treachery toward our own security, and those charged with maintaining our security.
My hope is this has been over egged, and these people are nothing more than general flight instructors.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on October 19, 2022, 05:39:34 PM
There should be a law against these RAF people going to teach tactics in foreign countries.
However, there is not, so they are taking advantage of their knowledge and putting it to good use. I hope they give the chinks a few false leads.
It's called the OSA, I'm surprised it doesn't come under that. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Of course they shouldn't be out there giving potential enemies our secrets or training but surely it follows years of trust where there seems to be little realisation of what we could be bringing to ourselves. The same with the Russians since the Iron Curtain came down. It was ok to start with but then Putin came to power and the whole outlook changed with him. No-one else in a position to raise warnings either saw the risks or bothered to think about it.

If laws don't exist then they should and quickly.

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on October 19, 2022, 06:05:43 PM
So should retired operatives politicians who've worked in sensitive positions civil servants be allowed to sell their expertise to a foreign power?
Not if it's against the rules — but there don't appear to be rules in this case.

And there are currently serving military personnel training other countries' militaties...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Bad form when the new pilots could be facing Chinese pilots at any point in time. Especially if the Yanks have anything to do with it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on October 19, 2022, 05:57:20 PM
Not sure how being a mercenary for a country or organisation that's not a declared enemy could be made illegal.

One of the recruiting claims of the military is the ability to lean skills and trades that would be of benefit in civvy street...
So should retired operatives politicians who've worked in sensitive positions civil servants be allowed to sell their expertise to a foreign power?

patman post

Not sure how being a mercenary for a country or organisation that's not a declared enemy could be made illegal. 

One of the recruiting claims of the military is the ability to lean skills and trades that would be of benefit in civvy street...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on October 19, 2022, 03:25:26 PM
Bit of loyalty to your country, 
There should be a law against these RAF people going to teach tactics in foreign countries.
However, there is not, so they are taking advantage of their knowledge and putting it to good use. I hope they give the chinks a few false leads.
† The end is nigh †

Sampanviking

Very easy and obvious solution to the problem.
Don't send RAF or Marine Aviation half way round the world to cause trouble in a region which is none of our business.
Given I doubt that the PLAAF have any intention of flying combat missions in Western Europe, problem sorted.

All we have to do, is just for once, stay at home and mind our own effing business.
There, not so hard is it

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 19, 2022, 04:36:49 PM
You've never heard of he who lives by the sword dies by the sword, as in you pulling me up on auto correct.
Well I perhaps thought you were alluding to these people I mentioned......obviously not.

So in effect because of the money offered you are ok  with them selling their skills.