Main Menu

That was weird!

Started by T00ts, January 27, 2020, 02:48:02 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14349 time=1580136482 user_id=54
There was a knock at the door. I opened it to two youngish well dressed chaps and my immediate thought was 'what are they selling?' Far from it. The question they had for me was ' do you know any Polish people living near here?'

Now that was random, totally unexpected and the expression on my face must have said it all! I must have appeared like the local numb scull as I shook my head vaguely at them. Thank you they said and took off.

Now it has to be said that if they were casing the joint I shouldn't think they had much enticement. If they really wanted to locate Poles then I am flummoxed. Very strange. Fix the locks, test the alarms, borrow a fierce dog...the brain is on over-drive.   :dsh: ?  Fat chance.

Hi T00ts you should consider something like this

https://en-uk.ring.com/products/video-doorbell?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxvXK4Iek5wIVFON3Ch1zzggfEAYYAiABEgJOBfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&variant=3657948168203">//https://en-uk.ring.com/products/video-doorbell?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxvXK4Iek5wIVFON3Ch1zzggfEAYYAiABEgJOBfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&variant=3657948168203

Don't go for the dearer one the difference in image quality isn't worth the price,also there are are other makes available shop around first.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14351 time=1580137748 user_id=54
Really? You're not doing a lot for my self confidence.

Really, it needs reporting urgently. It is VERY suspicious. (They could well be "casing" homes for some one else. It is a standard tactic.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Really? You're not doing a lot for my self confidence.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=14349 time=1580136482 user_id=54
There was a knock at the door. I opened it to two youngish well dressed chaps and my immediate thought was 'what are they selling?' Far from it. The question they had for me was ' do you know any Polish people living near here?'

Now that was random, totally unexpected and the expression on my face must have said it all! I must have appeared like the local numb scull as I shook my head vaguely at them. Thank you they said and took off.

Now it has to be said that if they were casing the joint I shouldn't think they had much enticement. If they really wanted to locate Poles then I am flummoxed. Very strange. Fix the locks, test the alarms, borrow a fierce dog...the brain is on over-drive.   :dsh: ?  Fat chance.

That needs reporting to the police.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts