Truss 'completely committed' to pensions triple lock after chancellor agreed move today

Started by SKY News, October 20, 2022, 07:00:02 AM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: patman post on October 20, 2022, 07:31:16 PM
Apologies. I obviously didn't follow your train of thought.

It's just that Truss was committed to being PM, but forced out.

In the circumstances, committed to leaving seems a strange term...

It's a mixed bag really patman , the median  often allows for a broader interpretation of what's posted to be made.
The thing is forced or otherwise ,her commitment to being PM had turned into a commitment not to be.

patman post

Quote from: Good old on October 20, 2022, 07:06:46 PM
I think it was self explanatory , as written. I will certainly make up my own mind , and that has to be heavily influenced by the fact that which ever way it's expressed the over ridding factor is that you can not believe a word she has said, and that is very likely true of Hunt.
Apologies. I obviously didn't follow your train of thought.

It's just that Truss was committed to being PM, but forced out.

In the circumstances, committed to leaving seems a strange term...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Good old

Quote from: patman post on October 20, 2022, 06:49:13 PM
Not sure you meant that.  Did you really mean: Truss totally committed to the post of PM, but leaving, so where does that leave the triple lock?

My thoughts are, where it was.

The chancellor was nodding in agreement when she gave her undertaking on  Wednesday, even though the evening before he said there was nothing that wasn't under review.

You make up your own mind...
I think it was self explanatory , as written. I will certainly make up my own mind , and that has to be heavily influenced by the fact that which ever way it's expressed the over ridding factor is that you can not believe a word she has said, and that is very likely true of Hunt.

patman post

Quote from: Good old on October 20, 2022, 05:42:09 PM
Truss, completely committed to leaving the post of PM, where does that leave the triple lock?
Not sure you meant that.  Did you really mean: Truss totally committed to the post of PM, but leaving, so where does that leave the triple lock?

My thoughts are, where it was.

The chancellor was nodding in agreement when she gave her undertaking on  Wednesday, even though the evening before he said there was nothing that wasn't under review.

You make up your own mind...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Wednesday Liz "I am a fighter not a quitter" Truss.
Thursday Liz "I quit" Truss.
Butt Kick
† The end is nigh †

Good old

Quote from: SKY News  on October 20, 2022, 07:00:02 AM
Truss 'completely committed' to pensions triple lock after chancellor agreed move today

Liz Truss has said she is "completely committed" to the pensions triple lock at a make-or-break Prime Minister's Questions in the House of Commons.

Source: Truss 'completely committed' to pensions triple lock after chancellor agreed move today

Truss, completely committed to leaving the post of PM, where does that leave the triple lock?

SKY News

Liz Truss has said she is "completely committed" to the pensions triple lock at a make-or-break Prime Minister's Questions in the House of Commons.

Source: Truss 'completely committed' to pensions triple lock after chancellor agreed move today