UK remains a rudderless ship

Started by patman post, October 20, 2022, 11:04:26 AM

« previous - next »

Good old

From well before Boris, got to lead the Tory party, I considered !and referred to him more often than not as a clown.
That could apply to me, I know, it wasn't personal, but people wanted to make him PM and that should have made him very different to me. Events have proved he was indeed a clown, and people voted for a clown in droves, but as we now witness a clown surrounded by a complete circus, hardly believable entertainment.
The Tories are at this moment where we know them to be, but are the British public in every bit as much of a disarray?

HDQQ

So now we have a Tory leader elected my a majority of party members being brought down by a MPs - just as happened with Jeremy Corbyn and Labour. But this time it's a government, not an opposition. The people who elected Truss as leader are a fraction of a percent of the nation's electorate. So we need a general election, not a replacement Tory PM. Labour would win that election and then all the problems we face now would be Labour's to solve and they would soon become unpopular. But at least one might believe a Labour government might be trying to its best for the people in difficult times, rather than trying to placate the hoi-polloi while acting in the interests of the super-rich.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

patman post

The UK has been without effective government since before Johnson announced his resignation early in July.

It is now nearly Hallowe'en and even after several weeks electioneering and choosing a new PM, the country is still wallowing like a powerless vessel in international waters without a captain or competent pilot. Any help is now likely to come with extremely high salvage fees.

Now the crew and senior officers of SS U.K. are fighting among themselves.

It's likely to be Christmas before there's any semblance of any control.

If then...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...