She’s gone ?

Started by patman post, October 20, 2022, 12:28:33 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 23, 2022, 02:22:49 PM
My posts had one purpose, I assume you can see what that was.
I take everyone at face value on here and believe they mean what they post.

(Of course, were there Irony and Sarcasm emoji symbols on here, misunderstandings might be avoided...)
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 23, 2022, 02:00:00 PM
Topic: Labour's plans to crack down on tax-dodging corporations revealed

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2022, 12:24:54 pm »
You'll be telling me I'll have to start paying PAYE and NI next 😜

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2022, 01:29:56 pm »
You're dead right, it ain't funny. No way I'm paying PAYE and NI.

Of course, like Boris, you may not have meant any of it...
My posts had one purpose, I assume you can see what that was. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on October 23, 2022, 01:01:06 PM
Dunno, might be a chance to clear the air. Tell the remainers to clear off and join their friends in the Lib Dems and rebuild the Conservative party on backs of the Brexiters who are not ashamed to be British.
You mean like the British Nationalists who used EU taxpayers' money to fund party causes?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/5863247/BNP-to-use-EU-taxpayers-money-to-fund-chosen-causes.html
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tainted-funds-75lhsmh0gh2

Or Britain First with its support and promotion of indigenous cultural traditions, such as Morris and Maypole dancing in England...?

https://www.britainfirst.org/policies
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Good old

patman post

Quote from: Good old on October 23, 2022, 12:59:00 PM
Was hardly NEW Labour, was it?
I think that is the point...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 23, 2022, 12:22:41 PM
Have I? You'll have to remind me where I said that.

This has nothing to do with tax, it's to do with you suggesting Sunak didn't get the gig cause of the colour of his skin. I just put forward an alternative.
Topic: Labour's plans to crack down on tax-dodging corporations revealed

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2022, 12:24:54 pm »
You'll be telling me I'll have to start paying PAYE and NI next 😜

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2022, 01:29:56 pm »
You're dead right, it ain't funny. No way I'm paying PAYE and NI.

Of course, like Boris, you may not have meant any of it...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on October 23, 2022, 12:45:27 PM
So the Labour party was busy tearing itself apart — much the same as the Tories are doing at the moment.

Hopefully, whoever get the job as leader this time, manages to get all factions working for the country, and not intent on settling old scores.

Maybe the turmoil of the past few months that's turned a country, once respected for its stability, into a world laughing stock that's paying way over the odds for the extra borrowings the last short administration saddled it with...

Dunno, might be a chance to clear the air. Tell the remainers to clear off and join their friends in the Lib Dems and rebuild the Conservative party on backs of the Brexiters who are not ashamed to be British.
Algerie Francais !

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 22, 2022, 08:55:10 PM
I WAS around at the time, indeed I was then 23 and in university

i remember the Labour Party under the thumb of militant tendency and the Student Union run as if a branch of the KGB. We never did sue the f**kers for their withholding the Biochemical Society funding but we should have just to see the smarmy bastard who ran it dragged off to prison for fraud and corruption. We might have won the episode of Univrrsity Challenge then, with a team of genuine arts and science students instead of that f**ker's drinking pals but I perhaps digress

i DO however remember Militsnt tendency making the party a laughingstock, the Gang of Four castrating it and Michael Fiot publishing the longest suicide note in history, longer even than Liz Truss's Party Leadership Acceptance Speech

When Jeremy Corbyn had the successor to Militant Tendency post the Labour Election Manifesto - they had it long before the Labour Party website did, it became clear to me it was the same bill as back then, just a different farmer.

Was hardly NEW Labour, was it? 

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 22, 2022, 08:55:10 PM
I WAS around at the time, indeed I was then 23 and in university

i remember the Labour Party under the thumb of militant tendency and the Student Union run as if a branch of the KGB. We never did sue the f**kers for their withholding the Biochemical Society funding but we should have just to see the smarmy bastard who ran it dragged off to prison for fraud and corruption. We might have won the episode of Univrrsity Challenge then, with a team of genuine arts and science students instead of that f**ker's drinking pals but I perhaps digress

i DO however remember Militsnt tendency making the party a laughingstock, the Gang of Four castrating it and Michael Fiot publishing the longest suicide note in history, longer even than Liz Truss's Party Leadership Acceptance Speech

When Jeremy Corbyn had the successor to Militant Tendency post the Labour Election Manifesto - they had it long before the Labour Party website did, it became clear to me it was the same bill as back then, just a different farmer.
So the Labour party was busy tearing itself apart — much the same as the Tories are doing at the moment.

Hopefully, whoever get the job as leader this time, manages to get all factions working for the country, and not intent on settling old scores.

Maybe the turmoil of the past few months that's turned a country, once respected for its stability, into a world laughing stock that's paying way over the odds for the extra borrowings the last short administration saddled it with...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 22, 2022, 01:55:44 PM
[highlight]You've claimed on here to have avoided paying unnecessary tax.[/highlight] How's that different from anyone else legitimately not paying tax that they're not required to?

Like Starmer's meal break during a working day, Sunak's wife's tax status was hyped up by the current cross-breed of Tory dirty tricks and Tory media. As was the cost of his shoes.

How to respond to your race card jibe — I guess I should overlook it, just as you do with such Johnson classic comments as: "It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies" or
saying (on Muslim face veils) it's "absolutely ridiculous that people should choose to go around looking like letterboxes"...

Have I? You'll have to remind me where I said that.

This has nothing to do with tax, it's to do with you suggesting Sunak didn't get the gig cause of the colour of his skin. I just put forward an alternative. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on October 23, 2022, 05:08:31 AM
I doubt whether you have much of a clue how it works outside of your fervid imagination.

LOL I will take that as a jealous streak. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on October 22, 2022, 09:59:30 PM
Probably because it is a total Westminster party stitch up and anybody with a clue how it works could see it for themselves.
I doubt whether you have much of a clue how it works outside of your fervid imagination.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sheepy on October 22, 2022, 09:18:04 PM
That was before they realised they could do whatever the EU executive said and make personal fortunes from it. All they had to do was convince the zombies it was all for their own good and become thoroughly modern neo-liberals. Stitching up the voters well all par for the course.
Be fair. The main perpetrator of "fill yer EU boots" was the Welsh windbag Kinnock, and he got sent there because Blair wanted the embarrassing little shitbag out of the way
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on October 22, 2022, 09:45:26 PM
Sunak was and is far more credible than Truss on economics, and has far more integrity than Boris Johnson. Yet you hate him and would like to see Boris defeat him for reasons of petty revenge, which is pretty ugly insofar as motivations go.

Anyone is better than Boris, and that includes Sunak. Why do you hate Sunak so much that you'd happily have Boris foisted upon us again just to rub Sunak's face in it?
Probably because it is a total Westminster party stitch up and anybody with a clue how it works could see it for themselves.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on October 21, 2022, 09:29:43 PM
Gosh how many times do I have to repeat myself? The choice was Sunak and Truss - no choice! Even after that they are still trying to foist Sunak on them.
Sunak was and is far more credible than Truss on economics, and has far more integrity than Boris Johnson. Yet you hate him and would like to see Boris defeat him for reasons of petty revenge, which is pretty ugly insofar as motivations go.

Anyone is better than Boris, and that includes Sunak. Why do you hate Sunak so much that you'd happily have Boris foisted upon us again just to rub Sunak's face in it?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.