Deja Vu - Next PM?

Started by Barry, October 20, 2022, 03:15:45 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2022, 11:39:34 AM
If Boris makes the final 2 he's a shoe in with the members, I can't bloody wait.
See my prediction - there won't be 2 to go to the members. Those who are trying to take control of the Party will not let it happen. I understand there are those who are currently threatening to resign the whip if Boris becomes PM. It apparently will only take 35 to do that for a GE to be called. I'm not sure how those figures work but that was the report. I imagine that staunch remainers don't care what happens as long as they halt the Brexit action. Forget the Referendum result and the vast turnout that produced it, the denial of democratic choice is being played out yet again. 

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on October 21, 2022, 11:00:33 AM
We have such a poor choice with or without Boris but what his participation will do is focus minds.
If Boris makes the final 2 he's a shoe in with the members, I can't bloody wait. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2022, 10:57:31 AM
Jeremy Vine said it, he's usually got his finger on the pulse. Boris is on a plane flying home from his holiday.
We have such a poor choice with or without Boris but what his participation will do is focus minds. 

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on October 21, 2022, 10:56:05 AM
Is that kosha or just rumour?
Jeremy Vine said it, he's usually got his finger on the pulse. Boris is on a plane flying home from his holiday.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2022, 10:47:35 AM
150 MP's, almost 50%.
Is that kosha or just rumour? I understand that Sunak has been told that he needs 150 by Monday to become the next PM. 

Nick

Quote from: Good old on October 21, 2022, 10:16:51 AM
Well that's about all he could raise in west Somerset ...and that's what should be the deciding factor.
150 MP's, almost 50%. 

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 21, 2022, 10:22:05 AM
It's just so amusing and entertaining, but as Borchester says, Boris is interesting, Rishi is dishy but boring.
I don't care who gets in now, but it is fun watching, while the country is in free fall, although being held up by the civil servants.
Don't care? If the current situation is allowed to continue then we can wave goodbye to any point in voting in future. 

Barry

It's just so amusing and entertaining, but as Borchester says, Boris is interesting, Rishi is dishy but boring.
I don't care who gets in now, but it is fun watching, while the country is in free fall, although being held up by the civil servants.
† The end is nigh †

Good old

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2022, 10:05:34 AM
Boris has apparently got 150 backers already, which should keep Sunak out.

Well that's about all he could raise in west Somerset ...and that's what should be the deciding factor.

T00ts

It's not about personalities now. The big rift is the one between remain and leavers. There are those in the Conservative party who are determined to keep us in close step with Europe. Liz Truss was set on finally removing EU laws from the Statute books and at that point the balloon went up. Good or bad she didn't get a chance. Jeremy Hunt is one such guy and it was the reason he lost to Boris last time. But they succeeded on foisting him on Truss. From then on she had no power.

There has been not a displacing of Truss for the sake of the economy alone it is a coup by those who ever since Boris took the leadership, have been determined to remove not only him but anyone else who showed signs of furthering Brexit.  This movement will not allow this country to thrive. Why? Because they lost face. Boris took them on but got complacent and those same MPs will make sure now that there will be a true remainer in No 10 or at least someone they can control. Watch this 'election' carefully and see how they engineer it. 

There will be no political party prepared to complete the Brexit task and chaos will be the result. 
Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2022, 10:05:34 AM
As I have written above Boris is fighting for our democracy. Remain or leave this is more important than personalities.

Nick

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 21, 2022, 09:34:18 AM
The very talk of letting Boris, in the door sums the whole fiasco up . The man that got on the wrong side of his own laws. The man that, still has to face at least two committees , regarding serious breaches of parliamentary behaviour. The man that managed to fail to deliver an oven ready remedy to the chaos of Brexit. The man that managed to convert massive Tory support in west Somerset, and North Staffordshire, into Liberal democrat support.
Does anyone really think this has anything to do with getting the country on the straight and narrow?
It's all about Boris, it's all about the Tory party, has been for some time, and the country is paying a terrible price for that.

They are going to have to get realistic, because I will say again, they all actually voted for every bit of this, so Starmer and his revolving door politics just won't do. Because he is as much as a part of the problem and in no way part of the solution.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 21, 2022, 07:55:54 AM
Given that they are pretending they have other choices, which they don't in the real world. But then they live on fantasy Island.

The very talk of letting Boris, in the door sums the whole fiasco up . The man that got on the wrong side of his own laws. The man that, still has to face at least two committees , regarding serious breaches of parliamentary behaviour. The man that managed to fail to deliver an oven ready remedy to the chaos of Brexit. The man that managed to convert massive Tory support in west Somerset, and North Staffordshire, into Liberal democrat support.
Does anyone really think this has anything to do with getting the country on the straight and narrow?
It's all about Boris, it's all about the Tory party, has been for some time, and the country is paying a terrible price for that.

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 21, 2022, 06:36:26 AM
Given the chancers that are the alternatives we may as well have the King of them ,I just hope they haven't changed the wallpaper yet .

Given that they are pretending they have other choices, which they don't in the real world. But then they live on fantasy Island. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on October 20, 2022, 03:15:45 PM
It could be Boris Johnson.
Given the chancers that are the alternatives we may as well have the King of them ,I just hope they haven't changed the wallpaper yet .