Deja Vu - Next PM?

Started by Barry, October 20, 2022, 03:15:45 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on October 21, 2022, 02:28:53 PM
Starmer will only convince me if he should end up in No 10, he is untried . But what's clear is if he should gain power he is going to be dealing with one of the biggest messes left to any government in peace time.
The choice. A Tory government riven with internal divisions , so bad they are constantly happy to publicly wash the dirty washing at the cost of a conveyer belt of discarded PMs and senior ,and  junior ministers, making decisions that have devastated our financial prospects as a complete nation , as against a divided one. And quiet frankly showing every sign of having completely run out of ideas, other than 200 year old ideological ones.
They can not rule their own clique, and how much damage is to much.?
That's so funny. Untried you say - try asking him a policy decision, or even what a woman is. I bet both you and I could tell him. He can't even come off his fence to confirm something presumably his wife could tell him.  He's blancmange - he will lean whichever way provides the most support and once he is tested he will have his suspiciously 'united' party in uproar. I have said before the veneer is only skin deep and he has nothing to offer the electorate except giving in to every inflation busting demand made to him by his 'masters'. 

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on October 21, 2022, 02:09:25 PM
Of course that's right Starmer has convinced you that he is possession of the serious plans with serious heads. Talk is cheap!

Starmer will only convince me if he should end up in No 10, he is untried . But what's clear is if he should gain power he is going to be dealing with one of the biggest messes left to any government in peace time.
The choice. A Tory government riven with internal divisions , so bad they are constantly happy to publicly wash the dirty washing at the cost of a conveyer belt of discarded PMs and senior ,and  junior ministers, making decisions that have devastated our financial prospects as a complete nation , as against a divided one. And quiet frankly showing every sign of having completely run out of ideas, other than 200 year old ideological ones.
They can not rule their own clique, and how much damage is to much.?

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on October 21, 2022, 01:54:42 PM
The problem being the game ,is not a game. The Tories not knowing that goes some way to explaining the dreadful state of this countries future prospects.
Of course that's right Starmer has convinced you that he is possession of the serious plans with serious heads. Talk is cheap!

Good old

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2022, 11:50:53 AM
If Boris gets 150 votes and 3 others split the votes it's game over.

The problem being the game ,is not a game. The Tories not knowing that goes some way to explaining the dreadful state of this countries future prospects.

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on October 21, 2022, 12:38:53 PM
If the Ref result is going to have any chance of being upheld then the ERG needs to hold any future PM's feet to the fire and why not? The Remainers don't care what they do to get their undemocratic way.
The right and the leavers  have been too laid back for too long . Johnsons 80 seat majority was as good as we were going to get and we got complacent allowing the remoaner moanalots  centre stage for too long . 
Im no Tory and think Johnson deserves a shoeing for the porkies but will be delighted to see him stand at the dispatch box just to  see the faces opposite 

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2022, 12:26:40 PM
And you think Starmer is the answer?
Did I say that?
But when you consider what has happened over a few short weeks it couldn't be worse.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 21, 2022, 12:33:02 PM
ERG are saying they will back Johnson but want assurances about NI protocol  AND seats in the cabinet . The Europhiles move to get their people at the top table could backfire with a more pro UK eurosceptic cabinet .

;D
If the Ref result is going to have any chance of being upheld then the ERG needs to hold any future PM's feet to the fire and why not? The Remainers don't care what they do to get their undemocratic way.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on October 21, 2022, 12:24:33 PM
Internationally we are a laughing stock.
So? Who cares? That's just more Leftie 'persuasion. Starmer is counting his blessings that Conservatives are saying no GE. He knows full well that once he starts to climb off that fence he's occupied for ever, the knives will be out and the huge rifts in his party will be revealed. Have you seen Angela Rayner's face when she sits next to him in the House? She can't stand him and he apparently loathes her. Believe me she is only biding her time and she has backing.

Streetwalker

ERG are saying they will back Johnson but want assurances about NI protocol  AND seats in the cabinet . The Europhiles move to get their people at the top table could backfire with a more pro UK eurosceptic cabinet .

;D

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 21, 2022, 12:24:33 PM
And you think Starmer is the answer?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 21, 2022, 11:57:23 AM
We need a general election and let the country decide.
No we don't, we need Boris back. 

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on October 21, 2022, 11:57:23 AM
Not now we don't. 

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on October 21, 2022, 10:30:19 AM
Don't care? If the current situation is allowed to continue then we can wave goodbye to any point in voting in future.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on October 21, 2022, 11:45:57 AM
See my prediction - there won't be 2 to go to the members. Those who are trying to take control of the Party will not let it happen. I understand there are those who are currently threatening to resign the whip if Boris becomes PM. It apparently will only take 35 to do that for a GE to be called. I'm not sure how those figures work but that was the report. I imagine that staunch remainers don't care what happens as long as they halt the Brexit action. Forget the Referendum result and the vast turnout that produced it, the denial of democratic choice is being played out yet again.
If Boris gets 150 votes and 3 others split the votes it's game over.