Deja Vu - Next PM?

Started by Barry, October 20, 2022, 03:15:45 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on October 21, 2022, 06:16:30 PM
And they will try and punish him twice for his MINOR indiscretion once this report comes out.

It won't make much odds.

I imagine that Boris would have preferred a bit longer out of office to make a few extra bob and for the public to forget his various indiscretions, but he will make a good fist of whatever comes to hand.

And what are these terrible secrets that the Civil Service will reveal? That Bojo is an amoral son of a bitch who is about ten times as smart as he acts? That won't shock or surprise anyone
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on October 21, 2022, 05:57:08 PM
Well sit back for the ride, because civil service will be pulling every trick in the book to make sure he doesn't return and so will the media, as he is the one with a mandate.
And they will try and punish him twice for his MINOR indiscretion once this report comes out. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on October 21, 2022, 03:11:32 PM
What happened to your signature "Never trust a Tory". Because it hasn't changed has it? The upcoming battle will be short and dirty.
Well sit back for the ride, because civil service will be pulling every trick in the book to make sure he doesn't return and so will the media, as he is the one with a mandate. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 21, 2022, 05:23:47 PM
That committee is less rigged than the 1922 Committee, which is running the Tory selection process, and has already tweaked the rules to give a quick result...
How is changing a process before it has started corrupt? Changing it half way through is corrupt surely. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on October 21, 2022, 05:23:47 PM
That committee is less rigged than the 1922 Committee, which is running the Tory selection process, and has already tweaked the rules to give a quick result...
Of course it is.

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on October 21, 2022, 04:52:21 PM
That committee is rigged.
That committee is less rigged than the 1922 Committee, which is running the Tory selection process, and has already tweaked the rules to give a quick result...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Nalaar on October 21, 2022, 04:47:41 PM
It would seem unwise to elect Johnston to office again while he is still under investigation by the Privileges committee, unless the tories are prepared to have him stand down and run another leadership election if the committees findings are damning.
That committee is rigged.

Nalaar

It would seem unwise to elect Johnston to office again while he is still under investigation by the Privileges committee, unless the tories are prepared to have him stand down and run another leadership election if the committees findings are damning. 
Don't believe everything you think.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on October 21, 2022, 03:11:32 PM
What happened to your signature "Never trust a Tory". Because it hasn't changed has it? The upcoming battle will be short and dirty.
Not at all Barry , wouldnt trust any of them to babysit a dead parrot .
Quote from: Borchester on October 21, 2022, 02:53:40 PM
True.

Boris is horrible, but the best we are going to get.

What I would like is a right wing party to vote for, but they are invariably infiltrated by by dim witted neanderthals who have no other policies than being anti immigrant and demanding that everyone have a white skin.

As we found in the days of UKIP Borky , the bigger they got though the easier it was to shout them down the and they soon crawled back to wherever it was they came from 

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on October 21, 2022, 03:19:34 PM
I saw more than enough ineptitude between 1980 and 1998 to last a life time. I know exactly what it looks like.
And we now are surging towards a situation as bad or worse than  the one's created by the same party in that period.
They can not run their own ship, and that reflects in the mess they are making of this country.
I remember it too only too well. Recollections may vary!

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on October 21, 2022, 03:00:02 PM
Then you don't recognise ineptitude until it hits you in the face with a hat labelled Starmer's Labour Party.

I saw more than enough ineptitude between 1980 and 1998 to last a life time. I know exactly what it looks like.
And we now are surging towards a situation as bad or worse than  the one's created by the same party in that period.
They can not run their own ship, and that reflects in the mess they are making of this country.

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 21, 2022, 12:33:02 PM
ERG are saying they will back Johnson but want assurances about NI protocol  AND seats in the cabinet . The Europhiles move to get their people at the top table could backfire with a more pro UK eurosceptic cabinet .

;D
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on October 21, 2022, 02:54:12 PM
You guess. Or maybe you hope.?  Or is that the only excuse you can come up with to explain away why the hell this country should be taken to the cleaners by the party that has become the flag ship called ineptitude.
Then you don't recognise ineptitude until it hits you in the face with a hat labelled Starmer's Labour Party. 

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on October 21, 2022, 02:37:16 PM
That's so funny. Untried you say - try asking him a policy decision, or even what a woman is. I bet both you and I could tell him. He can't even come off his fence to confirm something presumably his wife could tell him.  He's blancmange - he will lean whichever way provides the most support and once he is tested he will have his suspiciously 'united' party in uproar. I have said before the veneer is only skin deep and he has nothing to offer the electorate except giving in to every inflation busting demand made to him by his 'masters'.

You guess. Or maybe you hope.?  Or is that the only excuse you can come up with to explain away why the hell this country should be taken to the cleaners by the party that has become the flag ship called ineptitude.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 21, 2022, 01:02:32 PM
The right and the leavers  have been too laid back for too long . Johnsons 80 seat majority was as good as we were going to get and we got complacent allowing the remoaner moanalots  centre stage for too long .
Im no Tory and think Johnson deserves a shoeing for the porkies but will be delighted to see him stand at the dispatch box just to  see the faces opposite

True.

Boris is horrible, but the best we are going to get.

What I would like is a right wing party to vote for, but they are invariably infiltrated by by dim witted neanderthals who have no other policies than being anti immigrant and demanding that everyone have a white skin.
Algerie Francais !