Revenge best served cold!

Started by T00ts, October 21, 2022, 02:21:05 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on October 23, 2022, 06:11:19 PM
Actually, no it wasn't.

It was an attempt to get her to question her own relish of petty revenge by asking her to think such low emotions through from the perspective of her faith.

And to be better than that in consequence.
Very noble of you, she has repented as a result. Fantastic.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on October 23, 2022, 09:02:23 AMWasn't it meant to be used as a dig against T00ts for her faith?
Actually, no it wasn't.

It was an attempt to get her to question her own relish of petty revenge by asking her to think such low emotions through from the perspective of her faith.

And to be better than that in consequence.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on October 23, 2022, 03:33:53 PM
Oh Good old you make me laugh - that's a compliment in case you wonder. I do wonder if some of the accusations against Boris and others haven't been psyched up just because there are those who see Boris as more of a threat to their own positions and he has therefore played rather stupidly into their hands. In some ways I think he has been a bit naive particularly in trusting in people's loyalty. He gave a warning to his successor to watch their back and I feel that is one thing he has learned. I hope he gets the numbers to run for leader rather than let Sunak walk into the position - but I have covered that before.

Toots, that's good as you say we do this for fun. And anyway I'll never turn you from your take on things, especially if you can't stop laughing. ;D

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on October 23, 2022, 03:05:33 PM
You are so right I don't walk in either of their shoes. I don't want to be placed on the very top of the pile so as to have some control over the pile.
We have fun, they have cut throat battles to gain control over us whist we have fun,or not as the case may be.
If Boris feels vengeful toward Sunak, all the more reason to block him. Sunak has large support of his own, any outcome including Boris, is going to be bad , not just for you Tories, but  all of us.
You don't have to repent, unless of course if you insist. Idont suppose Rishi, will hold it against you.
Not sure yet what Penny is up to, we should know tomorrow.
I rather thought we were in a storm, storms generate gales, a Tory gale, doing all the pushing Starmer needs.
No one is completely free of behaviour problems . No one asked Boris, to be completely free. Just don't break your own self made laws, make sure your main office doesn't constantly party when you and they made it illegal. Don't try and make out it didn't happen when it did.
Angela, is a woman separated from her husband. Unconfirmed reports say she has a man friend that is also parted from his wife. Boris ,s love life knocks that into a cocked hat and it is him that is going right now for PM.
Oh Good old you make me laugh - that's a compliment in case you wonder. I do wonder if some of the accusations against Boris and others haven't been psyched up just because there are those who see Boris as more of a threat to their own positions and he has therefore played rather stupidly into their hands. In some ways I think he has been a bit naive particularly in trusting in people's loyalty. He gave a warning to his successor to watch their back and I feel that is one thing he has learned. I hope he gets the numbers to run for leader rather than let Sunak walk into the position - but I have covered that before.

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on October 23, 2022, 02:26:28 PM
Dancing Dancing Now you see that's hardly fair. You don't walk in their shoes. So how can you possibly know what extenuating circumstance hold sway in their lives? It makes a mockery of any kind of Forum since we all have our own most important issues and it is supposed to be a diversionary bit of fun in otherwise possibly humdrum lives. If Boris feels vengeful because of past treatment from Sunak and wants his moment to redress the situation so be it. You see I have repented since I don't judge Sunak as a car salesman on the make. Equally Boris may well have higher standards of reuniting the Cons Party by uniting with Dishy Rishi while Dishy wants it all or nothing.

While the two hares leap around boxing one another perhaps Penny the tortoise will pass them both. Who knows? You might even get your boy Starmer into No10 with a bit of a shove and a following wind! Or should that be gale? Oh I forgot there is no competition since all the Labour MPs are just loyal upstanding moral icons.  Dancing Dancing Dancing  Oh who is Angela's married boyfriend?

You are so right I don't walk in either of their shoes. I don't want to be placed on the very top of the pile so as to have some control over the pile.
We have fun, they have cut throat battles to gain control over us whist we have fun,or not as the case may be.
If Boris feels vengeful toward Sunak, all the more reason to block him. Sunak has large support of his own, any outcome including Boris, is going to be bad , not just for you Tories, but  all of us.
You don't have to repent, unless of course if you insist. Idont suppose Rishi, will hold it against you.
Not sure yet what Penny is up to, we should know tomorrow.
I rather thought we were in a storm, storms generate gales, a Tory gale, doing all the pushing Starmer needs.
No one is completely free of behaviour problems . No one asked Boris, to be completely free. Just don't break your own self made laws, make sure your main office doesn't constantly party when you and they made it illegal. Don't try and make out it didn't happen when it did.
Angela, is a woman separated from her husband. Unconfirmed reports say she has a man friend that is also parted from his wife. Boris ,s love life knocks that into a cocked hat and it is him that is going right now for PM.

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on October 23, 2022, 02:01:02 PM
How ? I don't want either.They would both like my vote I'm sure. They both want power over me and every soul in this country . I reserve the right to expect a behaviour pattern as good or better than my own. not to  promote a man already found unfit for the job, in particular on the basis of, he might ,or might  not have repented  his past behaviour. As for Sunak, he is untried as a complete failure, just a shade up on complete failure, Boris doesn't even pass that test.
Dancing Dancing Now you see that's hardly fair. You don't walk in their shoes. So how can you possibly know what extenuating circumstance hold sway in their lives? It makes a mockery of any kind of Forum since we all have our own most important issues and it is supposed to be a diversionary bit of fun in otherwise possibly humdrum lives. If Boris feels vengeful because of past treatment from Sunak and wants his moment to redress the situation so be it. You see I have repented since I don't judge Sunak as a car salesman on the make. Equally Boris may well have higher standards of reuniting the Cons Party by uniting with Dishy Rishi while Dishy wants it all or nothing. 

While the two hares leap around boxing one another perhaps Penny the tortoise will pass them both. Who knows? You might even get your boy Starmer into No10 with a bit of a shove and a following wind! Or should that be gale? Oh I forgot there is no competition since all the Labour MPs are just loyal upstanding moral icons.  Dancing Dancing Dancing  Oh who is Angela's married boyfriend?

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on October 23, 2022, 01:26:17 PM
Perhaps you should think about repenting too!  Dancing You have no idea if Boris is prepared to reform or if Sunak will make a good PM. He has little governmental experience. Sadly his performance thus far has been one of self promotion backed by glitz and glamour shots. But we shouldn't judge. Perhaps Penny would be the best bet after all. Let the best win  Union Flag

How ? I don't want either.They would both like my vote I'm sure. They both want power over me and every soul in this country . I reserve the right to expect a behaviour pattern as good or better than my own. not to  promote a man already found unfit for the job, in particular on the basis of, he might ,or might  not have repented  his past behaviour. As for Sunak, he is untried as a complete failure, just a shade up on complete failure, Boris doesn't even pass that test.

T00ts

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on October 23, 2022, 01:40:27 PM
It is now a good time to remind ourselves that no matter how much we detest that Goldman Sachs globalist Sunak, the most important thing is that LABOUR doesn't get in.
I don't think women will vote Sunak.

HallowedBrexit

It is now a good time to remind ourselves that no matter how much we detest that Goldman Sachs globalist Sunak, the most important thing is that LABOUR doesn't get in.

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on October 23, 2022, 12:30:56 PM
I have to say Toots if we are to contemplate putting our trust in someone who is going to rule our lives in many ways that will  become beyond our control, then we must be in the position to judge that person.
Boris hasn't repented, he doesn't think he has done anything wrong.it doesn't matter a dam if Boris, doesn't appreciate Sunak ,calling time on defending his indefensible behaviour.
Perhaps you should think about repenting too!  Dancing You have no idea if Boris is prepared to reform or if Sunak will make a good PM. He has little governmental experience. Sadly his performance thus far has been one of self promotion backed by glitz and glamour shots. But we shouldn't judge. Perhaps Penny would be the best bet after all. Let the best win  Union Flag 

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on October 23, 2022, 10:46:26 AM
Since this seems to be turning into a doctrine question I would reply - who are we to judge a man of his sins? Who are we to judge if a man has repented of his mistakes? Who are we who are so great that we cannot forgive? If Boris is big enough or humble enough to forgive Sunak for his betrayal then who are we to question them? Only the Lord knows fully what is in their hearts.
If these two men can put aside their disagreement as appears to be the effort now, then the best any of us can do is accept their decisions. 
If we do not agree then our vote will show it in due time. In the meantime I too will repent of my judgement of Sunak.
I have to say Toots if we are to contemplate putting our trust in someone who is going to rule our lives in many ways that will  become beyond our control, then we must be in the position to judge that person.
Boris hasn't repented, he doesn't think he has done anything wrong.it doesn't matter a dam if Boris, doesn't appreciate Sunak ,calling time on defending his indefensible behaviour.

T00ts

It would seem that the rift remains as Sunak declares he is running. I would like to have been a fly on the wall of that meeting held last night, I wonder who didn't bend/compromise?

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on October 23, 2022, 10:37:15 AM
Well Toots , does wish Boris, good luck in his endeavours . Hardly the sign of not supporting him if he was to succeed.
As for Jesus, he might well have seen the lack of basic morality in a man that broke the very rules he imposed on others. I would hope he also knew what constituted being a lier , seeing as he stood on truth, so he may well have questioned the idea of putting such a man on any sort of pedestal.Surely that throwaway question was valid thrown at any Christian.?
Since this seems to be turning into a doctrine question I would reply - who are we to judge a man of his sins? Who are we to judge if a man has repented of his mistakes? Who are we who are so great that we cannot forgive? If Boris is big enough or humble enough to forgive Sunak for his betrayal then who are we to question them? Only the Lord knows fully what is in their hearts.
If these two men can put aside their disagreement as appears to be the effort now, then the best any of us can do is accept their decisions.  
If we do not agree then our vote will show it in due time. In the meantime I too will repent of my judgement of Sunak.

Good old

Quote from: Barry on October 23, 2022, 09:02:23 AM
Not sure what Jesus would say. Even those who knew him well on Earth didn't know what he would say next. I know Him from Scripture and in my spirit and I don't know what Jesus would say about the Conservative leadership election. He did say several things about authority, but I can't think of any appropriate to this situation.

But your throwaway question wasn't really meant literally, was it?
Wasn't it meant to be used as a dig against T00ts for her faith? How fortunate you are that she had the grace to ignore that.
Well Toots , does wish Boris, good luck in his endeavours . Hardly the sign of not supporting him if he was to succeed.
As for Jesus, he might well have seen the lack of basic morality in a man that broke the very rules he imposed on others. I would hope he also knew what constituted being a lier , seeing as he stood on truth, so he may well have questioned the idea of putting such a man on any sort of pedestal.Surely that throwaway question was valid thrown at any Christian.?

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on October 22, 2022, 10:05:22 PM
Your mean-spirited desire, indeed eagerness, for petty revenge - even at the cost of foisting Boris upon us again - is most unbecoming. What would Jesus say?
Not sure what Jesus would say. Even those who knew him well on Earth didn't know what he would say next. I know Him from Scripture and in my spirit and I don't know what Jesus would say about the Conservative leadership election. He did say several things about authority, but I can't think of any appropriate to this situation.

But your throwaway question wasn't really meant literally, was it?
Wasn't it meant to be used as a dig against T00ts for her faith? How fortunate you are that she had the grace to ignore that.
† The end is nigh †