It’s Rishi

Started by patman post, October 24, 2022, 02:00:57 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 24, 2022, 04:32:52 PM
Funny you write that Sheepy, given I think of you as a closet Tory as it happens.

If I had my way I would have a general election Sheepy, but given Tories would be voting for their own P45s in enacting that, I understand that a general election is realistically two years away. If a few Johnsonites want to push for a GE and help Starmer out, then OK, fine, let's have one. It still doesn't change the fact that my priority is that the UK doesn't bankrupt itself in two years and Sunak is by far the most fiscal and economically astute Tory there was in the race. I am glad he won and wish him well. But I will be voting GB energy in two years time if I can be arsed to register that is.

Yeah, but according to you everyone else is a closet Tory but you, but it seems as long as they put a banker in charge you are in full agreement, even though they already bankrupted the country in 2007.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 24, 2022, 03:49:31 PM
Boycey you were a closet Tory all along who knew?

Tory backer says UK economy is 'frankly doomed' without Brexit renegotiation (msn.com)
Funny you write that Sheepy, given I think of you as a closet Tory as it happens.

If I had my way I would have a general election Sheepy, but given Tories would be voting for their own P45s in enacting that, I understand that a general election is realistically two years away. If a few Johnsonites want to push for a GE and help Starmer out, then OK, fine, let's have one. It still doesn't change the fact that my priority is that the UK doesn't bankrupt itself in two years and Sunak is by far the most fiscal and economically astute Tory there was in the race. I am glad he won and wish him well. But I will be voting GB energy in two years time if I can be arsed to register that is.

Sheepy

Quote from: B0ycey on October 24, 2022, 03:37:20 PM
So you are saying there is going to be a Sunak bounce given one had the Tories on 4 seats and destined for the SNP as opposition?

Boycey you were a closet Tory all along who knew?

Tory backer says UK economy is 'frankly doomed' without Brexit renegotiation (msn.com)

B0ycey

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 24, 2022, 03:25:26 PM
And may your god have mercy on you

Because this bastard won't

500 labour MPs next election
So you are saying there is going to be a Sunak bounce given one had the Tories on 4 seats and destined for the SNP as opposition?

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on October 24, 2022, 03:23:34 PM
Yes it is . Seems to happen in all collapsing political set ups. Live by the, die by the, and all of that.
Some say the knifes are already out.

I actually feel for them, they were promised so much and ended up stabbed in the back by their own branch of the Westminster party, I get the feeling they might not forget it come election time.

B0ycey

Quote from: Sheepy on October 24, 2022, 03:07:03 PM
Just one thing, isn't he the nice fellow who openly stabbed both previous leaders in the back and now the whole Conservative membership.
Johnson had to go and Truss resigned on her own stupidity. It was Javid not Sunak who handed the letter in first and made a statement in Parliament in any case. Although it should be said, the members were polling better for Sunak over both Johnson and Mordaunt if it went to them may I add. And I write this as a non Tory. Sunak was the lesser evil. He still will enact austerity I expect but he was dealt a shit hand by Truss and I expect him to make some tough decisions.

johnofgwent

And may your god have mercy on you

Because this bastard won't 

500 labour MPs next election
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on October 24, 2022, 03:07:03 PM
Just one thing, isn't he the nice fellow who openly stabbed both previous leaders in the back and now the whole Conservative membership.
Yes it is . Seems to happen in all collapsing political set ups. Live by the, die by the, and all of that.
Some say the knifes are already out.

Sheepy

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 24, 2022, 02:32:02 PM
Just tell him to keep away from fuse boxes

Dishi Rishi for President - Whoops - wrong country. Will the Cabinet room become oval like the table?

B0ycey

Congrats to Sunak and thank F@@@ we have some sanity in Westminster at last. We can be relatively certain that borrowing will not go out of control now. We can also be thankful that this is also going to piss off the Johnsonites on here. But he is a safe pair of hands until Labour replace him in two years, so wish him well until then. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on October 24, 2022, 02:26:23 PM
Looks like Sunak, Mordaunt, and Hunt could be the team.

Sunak's been rewarded for his selflessness in following his conscience and destabilising his own career by showing he couldn't serve with a clowning liar...
Just tell him to keep away from fuse boxes 

patman post

Looks like Sunak, Mordaunt, and Hunt could be the team. 

Sunak's been rewarded for his selflessness in following his conscience and destabilising his own career by showing he couldn't serve with a clowning liar...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...