First Job for Sunak

Started by Streetwalker, October 24, 2022, 06:02:11 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

So Rishi wants to give back to the country so much he owes.

Aye in unpaid tax.  :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: Baff on October 24, 2022, 06:42:47 PM
Yes please.
I don't want to be stuck with over priced tossy French wank.
Polish Donkey at beef prices.

Honestly, EU food is massively sub standard and overpriced.
They ban everyone else's food because they can't compete with it.

Presumably if there is a election, Sinn Fein get's elected and then NI can join the EU.
Nothing stopping you buying British even when we were in the EU Baff. It was always the expensive stuff that planted the British flag on the packaging if you didn't know. Although there was a passage in the 'Wealth of Nations' that explains reducing your market increases costs overall and a British only economy means lack of competition which is bad for the consumer.

patman post

Quote from: Baff on October 24, 2022, 06:42:47 PM
Yes please.

Presumably if there is a election, Sinn Fein get's elected and then NI can join the EU.
That's a very spoilt childlike response of someone brought up on Macdonalds, Maxwell House, Kraft cheese slices, and Birdseye fish fingers. 

There's less intensively farmed poultry, meat an fish in the EU than is often the case in the UK. And local produce is superb. OK, three chickens for a tenner in Sainsburys may be cheaper, but look at the quality. Look at the quality and choices, costs and quality in any Belgian, Italian, French supermarket or baker, butcher, fishmonger, greengrocer, etc.

Sure, there's excellent British produce, but there's plenty of mass produced industrial offerings and takeaways that most British are happy with.

It's no wonder chicken tikka Marsala, and sweet and sour dishes are the country's favourite...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on October 24, 2022, 06:47:38 PM
He's been prime minister since 2015.
Kept that quiet..  :)
Whoops! Dancing

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on October 24, 2022, 06:14:53 PM
I fear that Sunak is focussed mainly on the economy, I fear it is all he really understands and thinks his future depends on it. He has been a PM since 2015 with his focus on leadership ever since I am not convinced he is a rounded politician.

What will he be like on the world stage? I am sure he will look the part which Boris rarely did but experience?
He's been prime minister since 2015.
Kept that quiet..  :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Baff

Yes please.

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 24, 2022, 06:02:11 PM
Will be to sort out the NI protocol . Tory infighting and leadership elections have neglected the protocol which really needs to be sorted out by erm FRIDAY .
Power sharing in NI must resume by the end of the week or there will be (by law ) new elections . Sunak has 4 days to sort it out ,or another deadline to take the whole of the UK out of the EU will be missed
There was a general acceptance that it wasn't going to be sorted out by then regardless of the pantomime at Westminster. But to be frank the mess could be sorted out in 5 minutes if we agreed to share veterinary and food standards. Is there an appetite for GM Yanks foods in the UK I wonder?

T00ts

I fear that Sunak is focussed mainly on the economy, I fear it is all he really understands and thinks his future depends on it. He has been a PM since 2015 with his focus on leadership ever since I am not convinced he is a rounded politician.

What will he be like on the world stage? I am sure he will look the part which Boris rarely did but experience? 

Streetwalker

Will be to sort out the NI protocol . Tory infighting and leadership elections have neglected the protocol which really needs to be sorted out by erm FRIDAY .
Power sharing in NI must resume by the end of the week or there will be (by law ) new elections . Sunak has 4 days to sort it out ,or another deadline to take the whole of the UK out of the EU will be missed